Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I no longer use the centralized configuration so those GUI buttons are obsolete.

From mcsXap browser set the BSC query pattern to mcs.OneWire.*:> and click the query button. This will request that xapmcs1wire send all of its devices to mcsXap will be able to see the LCD. After waiting a few seconds refresh the mcsXap browser and look for the LCD device. Accept it so a HS device will be created and then you can write to the DeviceString of that device to display text on the LCD.

Comment

DS2405 not working Anymore

Hi,
      i use DS2405 ( not alarming switches) and they are no more changing state when i Click the ON or OFF button in MCSOneWire v 2.0.45 web interface or with a Xap Command.
      Reverting to version 1.13.5 makes everything OK.
      Regards
      Claude

Comment

Follow up to preceding message

Device Type is : AA00000036995012

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry
          From mcsXap browser set the BSC query pattern to mcs.OneWire.*:> and click the query button. This will request that xapmcs1wire send all of its devices to mcsXap will be able to see the LCD. After waiting a few seconds refresh the mcsXap browser and look for the LCD device. Accept it so a HS device will be created and then you can write to the DeviceString of that device to display text on the LCD.
          I got all the way through this but SetDeviceString won't cause anything to display on the LCD. The LCD device has ON/OFF buttons in the HS2 device display, if I press one of those, "Unknown" is displayed on the LCD.

Quick run down of my setup. Remote XP machine with mcsxap1wire v2 and xaphub, with a hobby-boards master hub and hobby-boards LCD display setup. Also have a hobby-boards lightning detector and solar/temp sensor. Most of the rest of it seems to be working (still trying to sort through which sensor is which on those multi-sensor devices). On the HS machine I am running xaphub and mcsxAP plug-in. I'm receiving updates on the other sensors, just can't get the LCD to work as mentioned above.

Bill

Comment

I'm also getting these in the HS log fairly regularly, this is the address of the hub:

9/30/2006 9:37:48 PM - mcs.onewire.ara - selecthubbranch 260000000502d31f for 260000000502d31f 0 - line 590 com.dalsemi.onewire.adapter.onewireioexception: onewirecontainer1f verify on command incorrect

Comment

Claude, I'll look at the output side for the DS2405.

Bill,
              The exception you are getting is something that I get when I have a problem with a sensor on the branch of the hub. Try disconnecting the sensors from that hub branch and confirm the messages disappears.

The DS2438 is the most common multifunction device. The UIDs for the device are created in the order:

0 Primary Function (Humidity, Barometer)
              1 Temperature (Temperature)
              2 A/D 0 (Voltage, Switch)
              3 A/D 1 (Voltage, Switch)
              4 A/D 2 (Voltage, Switch)
              5 Current (Sunlight)
              6 Temperature Switch (Switch)

You can select from the sensor types in the parens above for each

The DS2408 in an LCD configuation shows up as 3 discretes and one text. I expect ON/OFF for discretes that are configured as outputs, but I do not expect a HS control for the text. When activated the ON/OFF is being delivered and no value for the Text key of the xAP message and this then shows up as Unknown as the value on the LCD. Are you able to control the LCD text from the browser supported by xapmcs1Wire? Can you post a screenshot of how homeseer is presenting the devices associated with the DS2408? It really looks as if there is confusion with the DS2408 function type setup. The options available for it are 5 bits for LCD and 3 bits for discrete or 8 bits for discrete.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation, that helps.

I noticed that xapmcs1wire v2 was only polling one channel (maybe because of that error). I tried v1 and it is polling all three channels and is not getting those errors. I also moved some sensors to other hub ports and v2 lost them, v1 found them again. I would use v1 but it doesn't deal with the hobby-boards solar sensor very well.

I can send text to the LCD from the xapmcs1wire browser. Not sure what you wanted a screen shot of, but I've attached one of the one wire devices I've defined so far.
                Attached Files

Comment

V1 does a global query to find all devices each polling cycle. V2 does the global query only on startup or when the Search Devices button is clicked. This should yield a more reliable operation at the 1-wire level since the search puts the highest demands on the quality of the 1-wire wiring.

The one-wire exception error that was reported occurred when writing to the DS2409 in the hub and the write-read-verify cycle failed. I was only seeing this when I had a bad sensor wired into the leg the DS2409 was controlling. I will look again at this switching logic for the hub since it seems to only be a probem for you with V1.

The ON/OFF buttons are not expected. In HS1 the I/O settings of a device could be edited. I'm guessing it is now setup to be "Output Only". Try to change it to "Variable" or perhaps "Status Only" to get rid of the ON/OFF buttons.

One of the setup options is to generate an event message on Device String change callbacks. Can you enable this option and change the LCD's device string and see what xap messages are generated.

Comment

I missed that part about having to rediscover devices in V2. What I was doing was unplugging stuff and moving it around to try and see what was causing that error. Now the error is gone even with V2 and I am thinking one of the connections wasn't tight.

The status only property is set in the device type, not in the device properties. I'm going to create a device type of "text" and see if that makes any difference.

Comment

It took some doing (HS2 didn't like that the device properties didn't match the type properties ??? so it created a new device type...) anyway, that was it. I can now send text to the LCD. I will keep an eye on the other problem with the hub but for now I think everything is working. Now to actually install some of these sensors, rather than have them just lying around on my computer desk. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Based upon your experimentation are you able to provide some guidelines I should use when creating the LCD device (or any other device that does not seem right under HS2)?

Comment

I haven't quite figured out how HS2 handles device and device type properties. What I did, I did out of order, which is why it took a little more work. I went in and created a device type of "text", which did not yet exist (and was what was hard set in the device) and set it as "Status Only". I recycled HS (I'm not sure this was necessary) it complained that the device properties and device type were a mismatch, and it greated a new device type of text.1 with "Status Only" unchecked. So I went in and changed the device to "Digital Input" instead of what is was originally, "Interface Variable", and then went to the text.1 device type and checked Status Only. I did not take the time to look at the actual device object to see what might have been set that doesn't display in the device properties screen. I would think that an Interface Variable could be Status Only. I wish I could provide a more definite answer.

Comment

Claude,
                            The Discrete output was fixed in V2.0.46

Bill,
                            I submitted a help desk ticket to get some guidance. The problem occurs with discrete outputs as well. Seems to be anything other than the default IOType of 0 (Input).

Comment

Comment

Hi Michael,

Still willing to add pH support?

I settled for now on a Vernier amplifier (there are different types), however essentially pH probes output a value in mv from - to + depending on the pH. This amplifier steps that up to 0 - 5v.

On this amplifer, this is how it does it's converstions:
                                pH 4 = 2.5 V, pH 5 = 2.25 V, pH 6 = 2 V, pH 7 = 1.75 V, pH 8 = 1.5 V, pH 9 = 1.25 V, pH 10 = 1.0 V (0.25 V/pH unit)

That being said, there needs to be an offset allowable. So a pH of 7 is a 1.75v, however due to my probe being off due to a different pH probe manufacturer, it reads 1.216v at pH of 7.0, so I need to be able to add an offset of .53v to the voltage or some offset to pH.

I've been trying to work out a formula in Excel, but not having a lot of luck as it's backwards; lower pH is a higher voltage output. This is the site where I was getting the info; http://www.vernier.com/til/1361.html

Hope this makes sense and thanks again!

-Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X