Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming Soon! MeiHarmonyHub! (Harmony Hub Monitor and Control)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
    The connect you saw was the plug-in actually starting up.

What version are you running? Is it 3.0.3.1?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I know, but it did that on it's own. I don't think I've ever seen a PI do that before?

I'm running the latest from the updater.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
      I know, but it did that on it's own. I don't think I've ever seen a PI do that before?

I'm running the latest from the updater.

I just want to be sure. There is 3.0.2.0 in the updater, but in the beta section there is 3.0.3.1 which has some fixes for connection problems.

I'm pushing out using the Beta section because I can do instant updates.

Comment

I just want to be sure. There is 3.0.2.0 in the updater, but in the beta section there is 3.0.3.1 which has some fixes for connection problems.

I'm pushing out using the Beta section because I can do instant updates.
        Perfect, I'll check the beta out.

RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I will look into the IP change tonight. I have tested it in the past, but I believe Randy (@rprade) also mentioned an issue with it and I just plum forgot to look into it.
          Great - Thanks.

Is there a config file that I can edit by hand to fix the IP address? Short term solution until you release a version with a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by krh1009 View Post
            Great - Thanks.

Is there a config file that I can edit by hand to fix the IP address? Short term solution until you release a version with a fix.
            I don't keep my setting in an ini file, but instead in the devices themselves. I should probably consider this an option, so I will look into adding that. Only the main root device's reference id for the plug-in is stored in the in file.

I didn't get to it last night. We had a production issue at work that kept me busy from 8 till midnight which covered my normal time for working on plugins. I'll take a look tonight though.

In the meantime, if you know how to, you can set a static IP to the old IP in your router and restart the hub. That should put it on it's old IP unless something else has taken over it.

Comment

Great - Thanks.

I have released 3.0.3.2 in the beta section of the updater. I tested changing the IP and it worked for me every time. Can you go to the logging section, turn on "Debugging" (the checkbox), then try and change the IP again? Once you have tried, can you send me the log file that is generated (/Logs/MeiHarmonyHub.log in the HomeSeer install directory).

Some other things to try:

Make sure you are only putting an IP address, no http://. For instance 10.0.0.40

Try unchecking "Enabled" next to the hub with the bad IP and try again. If that works, checking "Enabled" should enable the hub again and connect once the IP is changed.

Also, When you change it, the "Location" column should change to the new IP. In addition to that, there should be a message across the top saying if it succeeded or if it failed an why (bad IP address or no hub at that IP address).

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                One suggestion for the plug-in: add a confirmation for "Remove Hub from HS". When I was looking at the plug-in configuration with my iPad this morning, I accidentally touched the removal button and deleted a hub. This rendered all of my Events for that hub broken. It was a quick fix, but I think it would be good to have a confirmation popup prior to deleting a hub.
                Randy,

This was added in 3.0.3.2. Thank you for the suggestion

Comment

Found a small issue when checking "Use Sleep?" that it wouldn't create the HS device until the plugin restarted, so I fixed it and release 3.0.3.3. This includes the fixes from 3.0.3.2 as well.

Info here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=194890

Comment

I have released 3.0.3.2 in the beta section of the updater. I tested changing the IP and it worked for me every time. Can you go to the logging section, turn on "Debugging" (the checkbox), then try and change the IP again? Once you have tried, can you send me the log file that is generated (/Logs/MeiHarmonyHub.log in the HomeSeer install directory).

Some other things to try:

Make sure you are only putting an IP address, no http://. For instance 10.0.0.40

Try unchecking "Enabled" next to the hub with the bad IP and try again. If that works, checking "Enabled" should enable the hub again and connect once the IP is changed.

Also, When you change it, the "Location" column should change to the new IP. In addition to that, there should be a message across the top saying if it succeeded or if it failed an why (bad IP address or no hub at that IP address).
                    I've updated to 3.0.3.3 in the beta section. I change the IP from 10.0.0.44 to 10.0.0.45. I got a success message on the config page. I press connect on the device page and the log shows the old IP 10.0.44 is being used. I've unchecked the enable and activity and tried again. same result.

No need for you to spend more time on this issue on my behalf. I plan to delete my 3 test hubs, add IP reservations for all 7 hubs and add them back into the plug-in. I just wanted to give you an update on my attempt to change IPs incase someone else runs into a similar problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 9.07.32 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	1196054

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 9.05.01 PM.png
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	1196055

Comment

I've updated to 3.0.3.3 in the beta section. I change the IP from 10.0.0.44 to 10.0.0.45. I got a success message on the config page. I press connect on the device page and the log shows the old IP 10.0.44 is being used. I've unchecked the enable and activity and tried again. same result.

No need for you to spend more time on this issue on my behalf. I plan to delete my 3 test hubs, add IP reservations for all 7 hubs and add them back into the plug-in. I just wanted to give you an update on my attempt to change IPs incase someone else runs into a similar problem.

[ATTACH]67766[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]67767[/ATTACH]
                      Thanks for the update. I'm still gonna try to fix it though because well....I should [emoji16]

If you have any more issues let me know.

Comment

Tried 3.0.3.5

I decided to give this plugin a try (I was using other Harmony plugin) - installed 3.0.3.5 (beta) - but it doesn't seem to update activity device in HS when Harmony activity changes from remote....

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                          I decided to give this plugin a try (I was using other Harmony plugin) - installed 3.0.3.5 (beta) - but it doesn't seem to update activity device in HS when Harmony activity changes from remote....
                          Did you tic the Activity option for the hub(s)

RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                            can you post a screenshot of the hubs tab of your settings and can you send me a debug log? (You can check Debug logging and then the file will be in /Logs/MeiHarmonyHub.log)

Comment

Name:	harmonyhub.jpg
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	1196277

Comment

Actually, I removed all Harmony devices and reinstalled the plugin - seems to work now.

I also changed "Update Activity Device" to "An Activity Start"

Comment

Working...
                                X