Clear All

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
    Yep!
    Sorry, Rob, I'm seeing the same behavior with .8

Want the logs again?

Comment

Yep!
      Hey Rob, when I turn a unit full on via haiku the value in the plugin shows as 255 but the plugin is expecting a value of 0-100. Noticed this because the status graphic disappears. Are values now 0-255?

Comment

Yep!
        OK, now I went into the plugin config units page and disabled then enabled a unit, and now I can control it via the plugin. BUT....the values of the unit on the status graphics page shows 0 for off, 1-100 for dimmed, and 255 for on. And I can't dim it via the plugin.

Comment

Updated to 2.8 this evening. X10 dimming with my switches is still not working. On/Off control works, but dim commands and GUI slider have no effect. I can see dim % commands in the log, but the switches don't do anything. In PCAccess, the commands seem to be Dim or Brighten, step 1 thru 9, and level starts from the current state of the switch whatever step it is on.

I can personally live with on/off only for these, although would be nice to dim. I have a number of lights and X10 devices that I'd rather NOT try to dim, where on/off is all they can do anyway, or all I want to do (outdoor floodlights for example.

So, sorry, not quite there yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Jfree23 View Post
            Updated to 2.8 this evening. X10 dimming with my switches is still not working. On/Off control works, but dim commands and GUI slider have no effect. I can see dim % commands in the log, but the switches don't do anything. In PCAccess, the commands seem to be Dim or Brighten, step 1 thru 9, and level starts from the current state of the switch whatever step it is on.

I can personally live with on/off only for these, although would be nice to dim. I have a number of lights and X10 devices that I'd rather NOT try to dim, where on/off is all they can do anyway, or all I want to do (outdoor floodlights for example.

So, sorry, not quite there yet...
            Alexa moves the HS sliders but the light does not respond (Omni likely getting the wrong syntax?) Send a command to Omni via PCAccess and the light & slider responds fine.

Restored from backup and earlier version working again.
            <style></style>
            Last edited by avpman; April 13, 2018, 09:06 AM.

Comment

ok, I am taking a step back for a sec.
              I need to get the same setup as you guys to recreate.

@avpman and I currently use UPB.
              @lakemirror - which ALC models do you use?
              @JFree23 - you're using X10
              @Pete - UPB?

Thanks
              Rob
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

@Pete - UPB?

Thanks
                Rob
                I also use some X10, but they're for on/off only. No X10 dimming.
                Thanks!
                <style></style>

Comment

@Pete - UPB?

Thanks
                  Rob
                  The switches themselves? As far as I know they only make two, a dimmer and a relay. There are also some 4-button scene switches that never worked so I'm not worried about those, the PI sees them when it builds units but I have them all disabled.

The ALC units in the PI all show as X10 protocol.

Is that what you're asking?

Comment

Originally posted by lakemirror View Post
                    The switches themselves? As far as I know they only make two, a dimmer and a relay. There are also some 4-button scene switches that never worked so I'm not worried about those, the PI sees them when it builds units but I have them all disabled.

The ALC units in the PI all show as X10 protocol.

Is that what you're asking?
                    Yeah, I'm wanting to get some hardware that closely matches yours so I can try to replicate these dimming issues. If that's the case, I think if I can get X10 dimming (and ramping) set, it should work for ALC as well.
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Yeah, I'm wanting to get some hardware that closely matches yours so I can try to replicate these dimming issues. If that's the case, I think if I can get X10 dimming (and ramping) set, it should work for ALC as well.
                      You'll need the 1- or 4-branch alc interface as well, right? These switches and other hardware got spendy some time ago when Stewart Electroncs picked up the line.

Comment

@Rob,

Here utilize
                        1 - UPB via HAI UPB PIM - wall light switches
                        2 - X10 via Volp dual phased TW523 replicator - Christmas and other stuff.
                        3 - ZWave via VRCOP - replicated HS3 network
                        4 - Zigbee via HAI ZIM
                        Last edited by Pete; April 12, 2018, 04:52 AM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I have several older X10 wall switches, where the switch button only turns the light on or off, but X10 Dim and Brighten step commands from Omni via an X10 interface will dim and brighten. They have no "memory" internally. I can also control some with a small X10 plugin console. They do not respond to level commands.

I have other X10 switches which do have "memory", and one tap turns on to last set level, another tap turns off. Holding button brightens, release and hold again dims. X10 On command brings light to previous level. Dim, Brighten step commands change level. Level % commands do nothing.

I have some newer UPB switches from Simply Automated, which do response to level set commands. Not sure about dim and brighten step commands. These behave as expected with 2.8 code. Off command ramps level down to 0; not sure if that is 2.8 code or a native function of the switch, set with Upstart programming.

Comment

No Lights

I'm having issues with 3.0.2.8.
                            I cannot turn on any lights, but can turn them off (they ramp off).
                            Button are working correctly.
                            The log logs the button event but not the light, on or off.
                            My lights (units) are UPB.

Can I revert back to 3.0.2.6 or I can help troubleshoot .8

Mike

Comment

@rmasonjr - your private message box is full.

Comment

Here tested UPB on an off and dim via Homeseer 3 variable of unit and these functions are working fine for me right now with current V3.0.2.8.
                                - Pete

Auto mator
                                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                                X