• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same wrong weather info here also.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
      I haven't seen these problems (yet), but I am becoming concerned over the declining quality of services from WU, since their purchase by TWC. WU is the premier host of personal weather stations(PWS), but that no longer seems to be important enough to them to continue to provide service on par with that standing.

Since I'm currently trying to decide on a PWS, I'm concerned about the dependence of PWSs reporting to a third party (like WU), to make their data available to software.

Is it too early to start brainstorming a "Plan B?" Or, is Ambient positioning themselves to be the fall-back position?

I agree about WU. When it first started happening, I figured it was just the free API's that were being affected. But there is a post in the WU forums from an API user that currently is paying $6000 per year for their level of usage and they are seeing the same thing we are.

From what I have seen so far, Ambient is just providing the data from a weather station. Current info only. I didn't find any way to get forecast data.

The weather station I have been looking at is:
      https://www.ambientweather.com/amws1400ip.html

If you scroll down the page there is a link for the manual. On page 30 there is an image of a Live Data page that is built into the observer that comes with the weather station. That should make it possible to get the current data without ever leaving your home network.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Your plugin has other forecast options: NOAA, World Weather Online.

Are these options a viable alternative to WU?

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
          Your plugin has other forecast options: NOAA, World Weather Online.

Are these options a viable alternative to WU?
          Yes, for a 5 day forecast.
          Which, to me a 5 day forecast that is correct, is better than a 10 day forecast that is not always correct.
          You won't get any precipitation forecasts though.

It is looking like the best setup for now, is to use NOAA or WWO for the forecast and to keep using WU for current conditions as they provide precipitation totals.

I need to release a fix for using curl for users on winxp. After that I will work on checking the date in the WU forecast file. If the forecast info isn't updated for a couple of hours it won't be as bad as having old data that is way off.
          Last edited by CFGuy; May 15, 2018, 11:49 AM.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
            Yes, for a 5 day forecast.
            Which, to me a 5 day forecast that is correct, is better than a 10 day forecast that is not always correct.
            You won't get any precipitation forecasts though.

It is looking like the best setup for now, is to use NOAA or WWO for the forecast and to keep using WU for current conditions as they provide precipitation totals.

I need to release a fix for using curl for users on winxp. After that I will work on checking the date in the WU forecast file. If the forecast info isn't updated for a couple of hours it won't be as bad as having old data that is way off.
            Well, it's been two weeks for me since getting the JSON data instead of the XML and I have yet to see it reappear. I think the JSON data is solid, for whatever reason.

Maybe time to replace WeatherXML with WeatherJSON ?

Comment

Folks, it appears that WU has discontinued the free API. Everything I know about this is from this link:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=195806
              HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
              Home Assistant 2024.3
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
              Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
              Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
              WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
              AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

https://apicommunity.wunderground.co...nd-api-changes

Comment

You might try this

I still use HS2. I run the weathercom_xml.vb then I added a 10 second wait then run the weathercom_xml.vb again all in the same event every 30 minutes.

So far no snow or freezing temps.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by phuz View Post
                    Well, it's been two weeks for me since getting the JSON data instead of the XML and I have yet to see it reappear. I think the JSON data is solid, for whatever reason.

Maybe time to replace WeatherXML with WeatherJSON ?

Can you please fix the weatherdata problem?
                    My irrigation is depending on it and it happens frequently that I am getting wrong dataforcasts.
                    Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Originally posted by peterpc View Post
                      Can you please fix the weatherdata problem?
                      My irrigation is depending on it and it happens frequently that I am getting wrong dataforcasts.
                      The error is on WU end. I can't fix that. The WU developer forums has a lot of posts from others that are seeing the same issues with both the XML and the JSON feeds. Both types come from the same source.

I realize that phuz hasn't been seeing the issue in a couple of weeks but I haven't seen it in longer than that and I am using the xml feed. The last time I saw a problem with invalid forecast data was in Weather Undergrounds android app. If their own app has the issue than I don't know what I can do. Their paying customers are seeing the same issues.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                        The error is on WU end. I can't fix that. The WU developer forums has a lot of posts from others that are seeing the same issues with both the XML and the JSON feeds. Both types come from the same source.

I realize that phuz hasn't been seeing the issue in a couple of weeks but I haven't seen it in longer than that and I am using the xml feed. The last time I saw a problem with invalid forecast data was in Weather Undergrounds android app. If their own app has the issue than I don't know what I can do. Their paying customers are seeing the same issues.

I thought you could see that the date was not matching and can implement to not update the data then.
                        I noticed that when the data is wrong, the names of the days are in English. When data is ok, they are in Dutch. (they must be Dutch for me).
                        Can that be a trigger to not update the data?
                        Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

I thought you could see that the date was not matching and can implement to not update the data then.
                          I noticed that when the data is wrong, the names of the days are in English. When data is ok, they are in Dutch. (they must be Dutch for me).
                          My apologies. When you quoted phuz, I thought you were wanting me to switch to the JSON feed. Which I had considered doing until other developers posted that their json feeds were messing up as well.

I have some time this evening and will work on checking for a valid not in the past date for the import.
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I got the date check added today. I've had it running since this morning and so far it has blocked dates from January 2018. The longest I saw today was 2 hours in a row where the date was wrong. Then it would be correct for an hour or two and back to January dates.
                            I am going to run it a couple more days to test some other changes I made and should be able to get this in the updater this week.
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I just noticed my dates/data for tomorrow are wrong, and showing Jan. I've seen this post, and the other post saying WU was going south (Figuratively), but this is the first i've seen incorrect data. I thought there for a minute I wasn't going to have any issues, lol no such luck apparently.

Comment

Later this week, I'll post the fix I worked on today. I can't control when the data is wrong but based on the data I can skip the import until the next time it is back to the correct date.
                                --
                                Jeff Farmer
                                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                                X