This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Config

Twice now I have lost my events for no known reason. The first time was a couple of weeks ago. I dutifully recreated most of them when it happened again on 7/4. The backup config files did NOT bring back the events!

This is now a helpdesk ticket, but the support guys told me that I should investigate the thread at https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185508 While it's similar, I don't think it's the same problem, but due diligence suggests I run it by you anyway.

Thanks.

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
    Twice now I have lost my events for no known reason. The first time was a couple of weeks ago. I dutifully recreated most of them when it happened again on 7/4. The backup config files did NOT bring back the events!

This is now a helpdesk ticket, but the support guys told me that I should investigate the thread at https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185508 While it's similar, I don't think it's the same problem, but due diligence suggests I run it by you anyway.

Thanks.
    HS3 events are stored in \data\HomeSeerData.hsd, nothing to do with Insteon. In that same directory, you should find other DB files named HomeSeerData_X.hsd, where 'X' goes from 1 to 10: these are backups. Don't assume '..._1.hsd' or '..._10.hsd' is the latest backup, rely instead on the last modified date.

Make a copy of all .hsd files, just in case, then rename the most recent backup that still contains your events to HomeSeerData.hsd

Comment

Thanks.
      did this occur because hs3 crashed, a power failure, or something else?
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
        HS3 events are stored in \data\HomeSeerData.hsd, nothing to do with Insteon. In that same directory, you should find other DB files named HomeSeerData_X.hsd, where 'X' goes from 1 to 10: these are backups. Don't assume '..._1.hsd' or '..._10.hsd' is the latest backup, rely instead on the last modified date.

Make a copy of all .hsd files, just in case, then rename the most recent backup that still contains your events to HomeSeerData.hsd
        OK, that's good to know. And I am aware of the .hsd files, none of the backups had the events - even the ones that predated the incident.

Jim Speiser
        Still don't know squat

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          did this occur because hs3 crashed, a power failure, or something else?
          Not that I know of. One second they were there, the next they were not.

Jim Speiser
          Still don't know squat

Comment

What are you running HS3 on?

Comment

You may need to restore an HS db and Insteon.ini to get back everything.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                What are you running HS3 on?
                Current Date/Time: 7/6/2017 1:53:54 PM
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.318
                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Work Station
                System Uptime: 1 Day 13 Hours 51 Minutes 2 Seconds
                IP Address: 192.168.1.121
                Number of Devices: 214
                Number of Events: 1
                Available Threads: 600

Enabled Plug-Ins
                3.0.6.0: Insteon
                3.0.0.14: NetCAM

Jim Speiser
                Still don't know squat

Comment

You may need to restore an HS db and Insteon.ini to get back everything.
                  What is meant by "HS db"? Remember, I have tried all 10 .hsd files, and none of them contain my old events - even the ones dated before the mishap.

I am resigned to re-creating the events. My concern is not having to repeat this process AGAIN in the future. So I'd rather get some kind of diagnosis.

Jim Speiser
                  Still don't know squat

Comment

Hs db is the .hsd file

What does th HS log reveal when you restart? Any Insteon entries
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Jim
                      have you verified that your backups are now working?
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Jim
                        have you verified that your backups are now working?
                        Hi, sorry, I've been working with the help desk, but they're a little slow. (But then so am I!)

No, the backups are NOT working. They do not contain the events - even the ones created before the blip.

Update: This morning it happened right in front of me! I was inputting events and all of them disappeared. I was then presented with an Events tab that looked like a fresh install.

And get this:

Current Date/Time: 7/15/2017 9:34:08 AM
                        System Uptime: 1 Day 12 Hours 22 Minutes 35 Seconds
                        Number of Devices: 210
                        Number of Events: 13
                        License: Registered
                        License: 84336
                        User Name and Access Level: Admin (Admin)
                        WAN IP Address: 47.216.208.49
                        Web Server Port: 80
                        Location: (Latitude) 35.20 (Longitude) 111.65 City/State-US-Arizona,Flagstaff,111.65,35.20

It says 13 events! So where are they?

Maybe wipe HomeSeer and re-install?

Jim Speiser
                        Still don't know squat

Comment

I'll let you figure this out with the HST helpdesk. good luck
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I'll let you figure this out with the HST helpdesk. good luck
                            Don't blame you a bit.

Jim Speiser
                            Still don't know squat

Comment

Hi, sorry, I've been working with the help desk, but they're a little slow. (But then so am I!)

No, the backups are NOT working. They do not contain the events - even the ones created before the blip.

Update: This morning it happened right in front of me! I was inputting events and all of them disappeared. I was then presented with an Events tab that looked like a fresh install.

And get this:

Current Date/Time: 7/15/2017 9:34:08 AM
                              System Uptime: 1 Day 12 Hours 22 Minutes 35 Seconds
                              Number of Devices: 210
                              Number of Events: 13
                              License: Registered
                              License: 84336
                              User Name and Access Level: Admin (Admin)
                              WAN IP Address: 47.216.208.49
                              Web Server Port: 80
                              Location: (Latitude) 35.20 (Longitude) 111.65 City/State-US-Arizona,Flagstaff,111.65,35.20

It says 13 events! So where are they?

Maybe wipe HomeSeer and re-install?
                              Stupid question, in the event menu did you enable to see all the event like you do in devices?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X