Remotec ZRC-90us on Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
    @cowinger - I've attached events to some buttons and all is well.

I can actually have one button control both on and off functions (open/close garage door) via just one button press and two events.

However, to execute a scene it appears I would have to add the ZRC as a secondary controller. Would I then lose my buttons that execute events?

Does anyone have this setup for scenes? or better yet scenes and events?

One more note: If for example I press key 5 once and then I press it again, it does not register the second time even though I have the "Do not update ..." box unchecked.

Does anyone know of parameters that can be set?
    I can't answer about using scenes because I don't use them. Someone else will have to do that. As far as using an event for the garage door, I do that also, I utilize easytrigger and it allows you to toggle and only use one event.
    As far as the button not registering a second time it actually does and you have to observe the time and it will update each time you press it. Press a key, wait a couple seconds, press again and the time advances.
    I don't know of any parameters that can be set.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
      I can't answer about using scenes because I don't use them. Someone else will have to do that. As far as using an event for the garage door, I do that also, I utilize easytrigger and it allows you to toggle and only use one event.
      As far as the button not registering a second time it actually does and you have to observe the time and it will update each time you press it. Press a key, wait a couple seconds, press again and the time advances.
      I don't know of any parameters that can be set.
      Are you seeing updates on the device or just in the log?

Comment

@cowinger and @TechFan - For me, the device shows it being pressed a few seconds later but there is no evidence of that happening in the log.

Hence, my two events tied to one key press do not work unless I press a different button in-between.

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
          Are you seeing updates on the device or just in the log?
          I also get the following statements in the log.

Device: Main Living Room Living Room South to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          Device: Main Living Room Living Room North to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          Event Trigger "ZRC-90US Scene Controller Keypad ZRC-90US Button 1 - Living Room Lights"

Comment

@cowinger and @TechFan - For me, the device shows it being pressed a few seconds later but there is no evidence of that happening in the log.

Hence, my two events tied to one key press do not work unless I press a different button in-between.
            Select "ZRC-90US Central Scene" and uncheck the box that reads:
            Do not update device last change time
            if device value does not change:

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
              I didn't get a central scene. Just battery device and Remotetec Generic Controller.

Comment

I confirmed in an earlier post that it is unchecked; it's unchecked for all three. I also restarted HS3, same result.

I am not using Easytrigger...yet, I just have two events.

Here is my log entry:

Oct-29 13:15:33 Z-Wave Device: Doors Garage Garage Door Set to Open
                Oct-29 13:15:28 Z-Wave Device: Doors Garage Garage Door Set to Opening
                Oct-29 13:15:23 MC SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = Garage Door is closed. I'm opening the garage door., Wait=True, Host = kitchen Home:*
                Oct-29 13:15:23 TTS Speak: (kitchen Home:*):Garage Door is closed. I'm opening the garage door.
                Oct-29 13:15:23 Device Control Device: Doors Garage Garage Door to Open (255)
                Oct-29 13:15:23 Event Event Trigger "ZRC Group 1-1 Open Garage Door"
                Oct-29 13:15:23 Z-Wave Device: Node 17 Z-Wave Remotec Central Scene Set to 1000

Comment

And here are the two events that should work with just one key press
                  Attached Files

Comment

And here are the two events that should work with just one key press
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

As always, @rprade, THANK YOU!

I am curious why z-net/HS3 sees the same button press more than once but it doesn't show in the log. It appears there's an allowance for this with the event structure but shouldn't the log show something like this without going into some debug mode?

Comment

As always, @rprade, THANK YOU!

I am curious why z-net/HS3 sees the same button press more than once but it doesn't show in the log. It appears there's an allowance for this with the event structure but shouldn't the log show something like this without going into some debug mode?

Comment

@rprade - I'm thinking of buying a couple more and keeping them around the house. If I do, I might send you one that works correctly for me (assuming the other two also work correctly).

You might be able to figure out if it's your system or the unit and return it when you're done with it. If you want, of course.

FWIW, I just included mine without making it a secondary controller.

Comment

An update on the problems I had with this device. I now have several and they are all working.

The problem is that my primary Z-Net apparently has too many nodes and this remote doesn't like it. I included the remote in both of my Z-Nets (each a separate HomeID) that only have about 14 devices and it works great. It just will not include with the heavily populated Z-net. I added a Smartstick+ to my server and included the remotes, which are now functioning fine.

I sent Rich a backup of my primary Z-Net and he was able to duplicate the issue. He has contacted Remotec to see if the problem can be corrected. I won't hold my breath waiting

This is not from Rich, but my supposition is that since these are controllers, the network is sent to them upon inclusion. They may not be able handle the number of nodes I have in my primary controller.

Since the Smartstick is USB, I will need to add another Z-Net at some point in order for me to be able to transfer to my backup VM in the event my primary HS server fails.

Comment

I've got a few buttons assigned to events and everything seems fine. I'm curious if someone has created an event that responds to holding down a button and then releasing. I suppose holding a button could be like any momentary press, it's just a code that gets sent to HS3.

I imagine this could only be for brightening/dimming but not sure if lag times will make this difficult to control.

Comment

I've got a few buttons assigned to events and everything seems fine. I'm curious if someone has created an event that responds to holding down a button and then releasing. I suppose holding a button could be like any momentary press, it's just a code that gets sent to HS3.

I imagine this could only be for brightening/dimming but not sure if lag times will make this difficult to control.
                                I think latency in the network might be a problem. I whipped this up using an easy trigger function and it works but is not very smooth in operation. A script might work, but there still might be problems nudging a Z-Wave light faster than I was able to in this event.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	1193274

Comment

Working...
                                X