Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I checked the relays with volt meter and they response fine. What else do you suggest to overcome this problem? BTW: the relays response to inactivate from plugin only once after I boot HS3 computer, I using Windows 8.1

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hadyos; July 19, 2015, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hadyos View Post
      I checked the relays with volt meter and they response fine. What else do you suggest to overcome this problem? BTW: the relays response to inactivate from plugin only once after I boot HS3 computer, I using Windows 8.1

Can you confirm if the status of the relays are changing in the HomeSeer device when you activate and inactive a relay?

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Yes, they do. From Activate to Inactivate or toggle, the status icon changes

Regards,
        hadyos

Comment

Plug-in Crashes when disabling PI or shutting down HomeSeer3

Your plug-in generally works really well and without problem on several XPE and Win8.1 machines but I have an issue on two HomeTroller 6 Win7 machines.

The PI functions well, but if you try to disable the plugin or if you exit HS3 the PI will crash. I have attached screen shots showing the details of the crash.

Let me know if I can pull additional debug info for you.

Nicolai
          Attached Files
          Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
            Your plug-in generally works really well and without problem on several XPE and Win8.1 machines but I have an issue on two HomeTroller 6 Win7 machines.

The PI functions well, but if you try to disable the plugin or if you exit HS3 the PI will crash. I have attached screen shots showing the details of the crash.

Let me know if I can pull additional debug info for you.

Nicolai
            Bump. Any thoughts on this one?
            Nicolai L

Comment

Bump. Any thoughts on this one?
              The error you reported only occurs on a Windows 7 system. It doesn't occur within Linux or Windows 8. I have not been able to figure out why.
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                The error you reported only occurs on a Windows 7 system. It doesn't occur within Linux or Windows 8. I have not been able to figure out why.
                If you stick some more debug logging in your ShutdownIO I would be happy to capture whatever you need?

It only seems to happen with this plug-in as far as I can tell.
                Nicolai L

Comment

in re: my post of 1 July

Ultrajones, thanks for info. I have used LAN software to check that there is a constant connectivity with the ethernet based device, so no power problems. Both my ethernet and WiFi units are on rev 05 per iHelp and have a green dot next to them which apparently means they are at the latest rev.

But the problem remains...morning time there is a event that switches on lights, and then issues a command to the ethernet unit to switch on the Samsung TV and Denon amp. See attached for code and log entries where you will see the lights switch on as programmed. There are no log entries for the IR commands, but not sure if this is normal, and the TV and Denon amp did not switch on (fyi, the Verizon STB stays on all the time).

Thanks for any ideas,
                  Cheers,
                  Scott
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by smcwilliams; August 10, 2015, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Not sure this is a bug or possibly a feature request or maybe I just have to deal with it.

When there is a power outage and power comes back on, the plugin does not Reconnect back to the device. I have tried going to the device page and selecting Disconnect and Reconnect but still no luck. To fix it, I have to disable plugin and then re-enable.

I have been replacing switches with Zwave so it has been happening quite often since I have global caches behind TVs in each room so turning the breaker on and off is causing this issue.

I know it will be few and far between instances after I get the switches replaced but not sure if there is something that can be done.

Comment

HSTOUCH not using IR codes after Retoring IR codes to the GC-100

Ultra,

I just loaded my HS3 to another XP SP3 machine and had all my IR codes stored in a text file. The changeover went well including the upload of the IR Codes to the GC-100 with your plug-in. Here is the problem, after opening the HSTOUCH client none of the IR Codes work anymore. When I look at the "Action When Pressed" all the original IR information is there with no changes in the data. However, when the button is pressed the codes don't work.

The only way to get the codes to work is to delete ALL information contained under the "Action When Pressed" buttons then and save it. Then I repeat the process of selecting the "Homeseer Device", then select "Global IR Cache Device", then select the appropriate IR Code. After that everything works fine.

The problem is there are hundreds of IR coded to delete and reenter again.

Another important note is that Homeseer is using the IR codes with no problem at all. I'm not sure if this a Homeseer, HSTOUCH, or a plug-in problem.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by klbetts View Post
                        Ultra,

I just loaded my HS3 to another XP SP3 machine and had all my IR codes stored in a text file. The changeover went well including the upload of the IR Codes to the GC-100 with your plug-in. Here is the problem, after opening the HSTOUCH client none of the IR Codes work anymore. When I look at the "Action When Pressed" all the original IR information is there with no changes in the data. However, when the button is pressed the codes don't work.

The only way to get the codes to work is to delete ALL information contained under the "Action When Pressed" buttons then and save it. Then I repeat the process of selecting the "Homeseer Device", then select "Global IR Cache Device", then select the appropriate IR Code. After that everything works fine.

The problem is there are hundreds of IR coded to delete and reenter again.

Another important note is that Homeseer is using the IR codes with no problem at all. I'm not sure if this a Homeseer, HSTOUCH, or a plug-in problem.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks...
                        I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish. If you're moving a HomeSeer to another server, then you need to copy both the HomeSeer database and the UltraGCIR3 database located in \HomeSeer HS3\Data\. You cannot simply import the IR codes because they don't contain the HomeSeer device data mappings.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                          I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish. If you're moving a HomeSeer to another server, then you need to copy both the HomeSeer database and the UltraGCIR3 database located in \HomeSeer HS3\Data\. You cannot simply import the IR codes because they don't contain the HomeSeer device data mappings.

Regards,
                          Ultrajones
                          Ultra,

Here is what I'm trying to do. I needed to move Homeseer to another machine. I did a Homeseer Backup and Restored all the settings from my original configuration. The only thing that was missing were the IR codes from your plug-in so I imported the codes again so Homeseer can access them again.

After this point they were visible to Homeseer and HSTOUCH. So now when I tried to use the HSTOUCH Client to execute the buttons in which I previously setup to use the IR commands they did not work.

As I mentioned before, the only way to get them to work again is to delete the Action information stored in the HSTOUCH buttons then input the commands again. From Homeseer all the commands as far as the plug-in is concerned work fine without making any adjustments.

I hope I was successful in explaining the problem.

Comment

I think you will need to remap the devices in HSTouch.

There is a weird "feature" in Designer where, even if the same key exists, when mapping from one device to another you need to reset the the action key. I think there are some references in the XML file that is not automatically updated.

This is not an UltraGCIR issue but a HS Designer issue.
                            Nicolai L

Comment

I think you will need to remap the devices in HSTouch.

There is a weird "feature" in Designer where, even if the same key exists, when mapping from one device to another you need to reset the the action key. I think there are some references in the XML file that is not automatically updated.

This is not an UltraGCIR issue but a HS Designer issue.
                              Nicolail,

I think you are correct about it not being an Ultra GCIR and more an HS Designer issue. I wish there was a way to reset all of the data at once without changing each button created to for IR usage.

Comment

Itach IP2IR device not detected on network

Hi,

After installing and enabling the UltraGCIR3 HSPI plugin, it is unable to detect the Itach IP2IR device installed on my network. I have run Ihelp which identifies/lists the device with no problems.

In an older post, a change was suggested to the HSPI_ULTRAGCIR3.exe.config file. I gave that a try but and restarted everything, but that resulted in the menus disappearing altogether, so I reverted to the installed version.

After checking that Ihelp could identify he device I closed it to make sure there was no contention between the utility and the plugin accessing the device.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X