Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer is now available under Home Control in the Google Home App!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try this. Disable all device from a voice command (you can do this as a batch from the device management page). Then just enable one lighting device and then sync your account. See if that one device then appears. If so, you can enable more devices until it stops working. There may be a device that is messing it up.

Originally posted by ando1 View Post
    @Ultrajones,

I am seeing the same behavior when I try to add the Homeseer skill to my iPhone. Did you find a solution to this?

Thanks,
    Andy
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

We will hook up a stelpro here and check it out, will get back to you.

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
      not sure you saw my post, my 8 stelpro thermostat don't show up in the google home

All my Stelpro thermostat even if I activate the "voice command" they never make it in the google home liste of devices.
      I activated the "voice command on the grandparent device first and tried to add it to google home without any success and then I tried the same if I activate the "voice command" on all child devices still no luck

do you have any advice for me ?

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        Maybe the Insteon thermostats are not set up properly, I can check with Mark.

Go to the status/graphics tab on the thermostat devices and make sure all the pairs of the proper ControlUse property set. The property should be obvious. For example, for the Heat Setpoint, the ControlUse would be set to the HeatSetPoint value. The ControlUse setting is the key to get Alexa and Google working properly.
        I am having an issue adding 2gig CT100 to Google home. They work fine on Alexa but do not show up in Google.Home. the controluse settings appear to be correct. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Comment

I am checking with the developer on the thermostat support, will get back to you.

Originally posted by mradonis View Post
          I am having an issue adding 2gig CT100 to Google home. They work fine on Alexa but do not show up in Google.Home. the controluse settings appear to be correct. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Comment

We will hook up a stelpro here and check it out, will get back to you.

Comment

Try this. Disable all device from a voice command (you can do this as a batch from the device management page). Then just enable one lighting device and then sync your account. See if that one device then appears. If so, you can enable more devices until it stops working. There may be a device that is messing it up.

Rich,

I was able to get it to work with enabling one device, however when I try to add more it fails (no more devices are added). It is frustrating as I was using my echo devices with the ha-bridge and they worked perfectly. I only setup MyHS service just to try out GH and cannot get it to work properly. I wish we could use the ha-bridge with GH.

Comment

If you enable more devices of the same type, does that work? You need to unlink and re-link to pick up new devices.

I have a bunch in my home using GH so I just need to know which device type is messing it up.

We are dedicated to get this working 100% and will be looking at it first thing in the morning. Leave some devices connected in the bad state and then email me your myhs login name and we will connect and determine the issue. Email me at rjh at home....

Originally posted by ando1 View Post
                Rich,

I was able to get it to work with enabling one device, however when I try to add more it fails (no more devices are added). It is frustrating as I was using my echo devices with the ha-bridge and they worked perfectly. I only setup MyHS service just to try out GH and cannot get it to work properly. I wish we could use the ha-bridge with GH.

Comment

If you enable more devices of the same type, does that work? You need to unlink and re-link to pick up new devices.

I have a bunch in my home using GH so I just need to know which device type is messing it up.

We are dedicated to get this working 100% and will be looking at it first thing in the morning. Leave some devices connected in the bad state and then email me your myhs login name and we will connect and determine the issue. Email me at rjh at home....
                  Rich,

I was able to add all of my Z-Wave lights (qty 12) and Thermostats (qty 1) using the method you described (and a lot of trial and error), however I am rolling back to just using Alexa and HA-Bridge as I really don't want to use the MyHS service. I have a reliable VPN connection and this is my preferred way to access my home network from outside my house.

Thanks,
                  Andy

Comment

We found and fixed an issue with the thermostats. Please try your thermostats now with Google Home.

Note that it uses the name and voice command property from the thermostat ROOT device. Other devices are not passed to Google Home, we reference them as needed. You will use the name of the root device for the voice command. (or set the "Voice Command" in the device properties.

Comment

We found and fixed an issue with the thermostats. Please try your thermostats now with Google Home.

Note that it uses the name and voice command property from the thermostat ROOT device. Other devices are not passed to Google Home, we reference them as needed. You will use the name of the root device for the voice command. (or set the "Voice Command" in the device properties.
                      Thanks, the device creations now works BUT the description entered in the "Voice command" of the root device is not transfered to GH, it transfers the "Device Name" instead (together with the room and floor).

I'll do more testing as to how thermostat work with GH later since I am not home ...

Comment

The voice command was not being transferred in the released HS3. Grab the latest beta and should be working. Hoping to get a new release out any day now.

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
                        Thanks, the device creations now works BUT the description entered in the "Voice command" of the root device is not transfered to GH, it transfers the "Device Name" instead (together with the room and floor).

I'll do more testing as to how thermostat work with GH later since I am not home ...

Comment

Still a no go with the isy thermostats...

Comment

Can you email me your myhs login name so we can take a look. (email to rjh AT home...

Originally posted by chrkov View Post
                            Still a no go with the isy thermostats...

Comment

Can you email me your myhs login name so we can take a look. (email to rjh AT home...
                              Email sent...

Comment

For ISY thermostats, the associated devices property in the child devices is not set. It needs to be set to the root device. I have emailed the plugin author so he can put in a fix.

Comment

Working...
                                X