Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer is now available under Home Control in the Google Home App!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi again,

Bob updated the plugin to have the ControlUse and associations. Now I cant link my homeseer anymore. Can you take a look again?

When I try to link it, I select Homeseer and enter my login details.

It then says "Linking your Homeseer Account". The screen pops up to assign rooms but is empty. About 3-4 seconds later, it closes automatically and then I see a pop up that says "Successfully linked your Homeseer account". But then in the manage accounts screen, it does not show as a linked account, even after several refreshes...

This only happens when I enable voice control on the thermostats.. If I dont enable it on them, then everything works fine.
    Last edited by chrkov; December 6, 2017, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrkov View Post
      Hi again,

Bob updated the plugin to have the ControlUse and associations. Now I cant link my homeseer anymore. Can you take a look again?

When I try to link it, I select Homeseer and enter my login details.

It then says "Linking your Homeseer Account". The screen pops up to assign rooms but is empty. About 3-4 seconds later, it closes automatically and then I see a pop up that says "Successfully linked your Homeseer account". But then in the manage accounts screen, it does not show as a linked account, even after several refreshes...

This only happens when I enable voice control on the thermostats.. If I dont enable it on them, then everything works fine.
      So Bob found an issue with how the Setpoints are done. He corrected that and now my thermostats show up.

Couple issues though.

1. When a thermostat is "off", google says it is unable to connect with it instead of just saying it is off.
      2. When I ask for the inside temperatures, it will go through all three thermostats and tell me the mode (unless it is off, then it tells me unable to connect). Should it also tell me the current temp and/or setpoint for the mode it is in? When I was playing with the isy connection, it did do that.
      3. I cant seem to set a setpoint on a specific thermostat. If I say "OK google, set the shed thermostat to 70" it tells me "Sorry, it doesnt look like that thermostat is setup yet". But this works fine for my first floor thermostat and my second floor thermostat. I can change the mode on the shed thermostat fine, just the setpoint does not work.

Comment

We only use the Root device, so do you have unique names for each thermostat root device? If you are using the "voice command" property, make sure each one is unique.

Originally posted by chrkov View Post
        So Bob found an issue with how the Setpoints are done. He corrected that and now my thermostats show up.

Couple issues though.

1. When a thermostat is "off", google says it is unable to connect with it instead of just saying it is off.
        2. When I ask for the inside temperatures, it will go through all three thermostats and tell me the mode (unless it is off, then it tells me unable to connect). Should it also tell me the current temp and/or setpoint for the mode it is in? When I was playing with the isy connection, it did do that.
        3. I cant seem to set a setpoint on a specific thermostat. If I say "OK google, set the shed thermostat to 70" it tells me "Sorry, it doesnt look like that thermostat is setup yet". But this works fine for my first floor thermostat and my second floor thermostat. I can change the mode on the shed thermostat fine, just the setpoint does not work.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, They are named

First Floor Thermostat
          Second Floor Thermostat
          Shed Thermostat

Comment

Rich,

Is there any update on support for thermostats or scenes?

-Tom

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            We are going to add thermostats. I use it in my home, I say a command and the lights respond, seems pretty instant to me, or at least good enough.

As for linking, I have a request into Google about this, but the person who can answer is out, so still waiting. I suspect they will fix this soon.
            - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
            Web Site
            YouTube Channel

Comment

Thermostat support is in there and should be working now. If not, tell what model thermostat you have.

As for scenes, not sure what work has to be done there. Is this something in the Google Home app?

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
              Rich,

Is there any update on support for thermostats or scenes?

-Tom

Comment

Thermostat support is in there and should be working now. If not, tell what model thermostat you have.

As for scenes, not sure what work has to be done there. Is this something in the Google Home app?
                Evohome UK does not seem to function... adds them to the home control but fails to work when voice command is issued.

Will report back with exact error message when i get 5 minutes at home.

Comment

Is that a Z-Wave thermostat? Check the status/graphics page for the thermostat devices and make sure the ControlUse property is set for the setpoints. You can add it if its not set. If this is a Z-Wave thermostat, they should be set.

Originally posted by deanrparry View Post
                  Evohome UK does not seem to function... adds them to the home control but fails to work when voice command is issued.

Will report back with exact error message when i get 5 minutes at home.

Comment

Is that a Z-Wave thermostat? Check the status/graphics page for the thermostat devices and make sure the ControlUse property is set for the setpoints. You can add it if its not set. If this is a Z-Wave thermostat, they should be set.
                    No its not zwave but ip thermostat plugin on homeseer supports it thats how i managed to integrate into homecontrol by allowing voice control on each trv

Comment

Great, I didn't realize that thermostat was there. I will check into it.

As for scenes, it is a device type. You can check out this link...

https://developers.google.com/action...e/guides/scene

Google has recently added several other device types and traits. I don't know if some of the new device types makes sense, but they say that the device traits can be used as needed. For instance, there is a device trait for a modes and toggles. Maybe there is something that could align with HS statuses and control use.

https://developers.google.com/action...e/traits/modes
                      - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                      Web Site
                      YouTube Channel

Comment

I wil take a look at the Google docs.

FYI, I did add a post to the developer forum including details on how to make a plugin work with Google and Alexa, it appears some authors are not seeing this. The info is in the SDK, but I just updated that with more info (Alexa now supports door locks and color light bulbs, and Google supports color bulbs also so I added info on that)

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=192613

Google has recently added several other device types and traits. I don't know if some of the new device types makes sense, but they say that the device traits can be used as needed. For instance, there is a device trait for a modes and toggles. Maybe there is something that could align with HS statuses and control use.

Comment

The V3 Alexa API has scene support also. Since HS does not really have "scenes" by themselves, I was thinking of adding our events as scenes. This way you can run events as scenes. Not sure if we should add a checkbox though to only include the events you want. Some users have hundreds of events so adding all them might just mess things up. Also, it might be nice to have a separate voice command that you can set on each event so you can have descriptive names but a friendly voice command. Hate to complicate the HS UI but this may be the best way to configure it.

Comment

The V3 Alexa API has scene support also. Since HS does not really have "scenes" by themselves, I was thinking of adding our events as scenes. This way you can run events as scenes. Not sure if we should add a checkbox though to only include the events you want. Some users have hundreds of events so adding all them might just mess things up. Also, it might be nice to have a separate voice command that you can set on each event so you can have descriptive names but a friendly voice command. Hate to complicate the HS UI but this may be the best way to configure it.
                            I think a check mark to include the ones you want and a master check/unckeck on the drop down could speed up deselecting these. The addition of the separate voice command is also an excellent idea.

Comment

+1 for check box and voice name.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                                I think a check mark to include the ones you want and a master check/unckeck on the drop down could speed up deselecting these. The addition of the separate voice command is also an excellent idea.
                                +1 for these too
                                cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
                                X