No announcement yet.

UPB hardware for 240v in Australia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes here over the years (since 1978) went from but still utilize X10, Insteon and finally UPB for my powerline light switches. All of the wall switches today are UPB.

That said I utilize the Leviton Omni Pro 2 which is connected to a UPB HAI PIM, TW-523 on steroids (dual phase Volp interface), Z-Wave VRCOP and Leviton HAI Zigbee ZIM.

On the Homeseer side utilize a UPB PIM, X10 CM11A (with Volp steroids) and a ZWave dedicated RPi2 plus a plug in to the Omni Pro panel.

What is popular in the EU via the OmniPro for lighting utilized KNX but there is no direct Homeseer plugin for KNX.

The above noted you can control any lighting protocol connected to the Leviton Omni Pro2 via the Homeseer HAI plugin. It is costly though to add the Leviton Omni Pro combination security automation panel.

Here in the US the only advancement in the electrical fuse panel has been automatic breakers; other than that the techonology and methodology of home electrical wiring is over 50 years old now. Well now too plastic romax cables are utilized and plastic boxes are utilized. I am old fashioned and prefer to utilize metal tubing conduit and metal box switches...but that is me. Here for house adding more electrical wires and granularized the circuits a bit by dividing up rooms somewhat...a lighting circuit breaker, one for media, one for wall outlets et al. Did the same throughout the home. Over did it a bit with 2-3 15AMP circuits per bedroom and really didn't need to do this anyhow. It is all changing now with the use of LED lighting. I built a small multiple MeanWell DIN mounted 12 volt power supply here and utilize UPB switches to control the multiple MeanWell power supplies. I did rewire much of the exterior lighting to 12VDC and use of LED lighting. Just two weeks ago here changed the 120VAC shower lighting to 12VDC LED. Works way better and very bright now. The shower area was large and poorly light.

A few years back worked with Telstra there in New Zealand and Australia and a few airline offices and needed our stuff to conform with the standards in place there. Was not much of an issue. Much of it was relating to security and freight and wireless computer and RF stuff. Mostly though in a global sense wireless RF stuff and rules were unique.
    Last edited by Pete; July 12, 2017, 07:42 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      That said I utilize the Leviton Omni Pro 2 which is connected to a UPB HAI PIM, TW-523 on steroids (dual phase Volp interface), Z-Wave VRCOP and Leviton HAI Zigbee ZIM.

On the Homeseer side utilize a UPB PIM, X10 CM11A (with Volp steroids) and a ZWave dedicated RPi2 plus a plug in to the Omni Pro panel
      Hi Pete, you use almost every existing home automation product in your house. I bet you are not married

Comment

I am married and wife is very patient of my tinkering...

Been married now for some 40 years or so. (X4).
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X