Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer SmartHome Skill (Alexa Version 3 API)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Alexa app it is a separate section called routines - it is not in the web app (I do not think). You create a phrase - like good night and select what devices to control. You could create a virtual device which triggers an event. Example - Alexa good night could trigger an virtual device called good night that triggers an event "all off". They are actually pretty cool.

Comment

Never mind , routines are the way to go!!! Works better than I thought.
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
        Thanks for letting me know. It's working perfectly. Regarding events, in order to trigger a event,do ou have to say "Alexa,turn on (event name)" ? Is there any other natural way of triggering?
        -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
        Way2 Call
        Elk M1 Gold
        UPB HAI switches
        HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

This really opens up lots of potential for HS. I really wanted this since I began with HS. I first started with the AP800 mic mixer, but this came out short of what the the Eco can do.
          Hector
          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

So help me figure out the best way to do something. For now, I've created a virtual device that is tied to two events, one that runs a scene of lights (set to specific dim levels), and the other that turns them off - "Living Room".

In the past, Alexa would see that virtual device (defined as light), and I could say "alexa, turn on the living room lights" (and off)... and it worked - well, MOST of the time :-)

So with this new capability, I get that I can skip the virtual device, and assign voice commands to each of the two events. would I create:
            1. Living room lights ON
            2. Living room lights OFF

both using same as the 'voice command'?

Comment

I would leave it as you had it, as the echo can get confused about exactly what you meant when saying "living room lights on"

It might not know whether it's looking for the whole phrase or whether your looking for an object named 'living room lights' that you want to send the command 'off' to.
              Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

I cannot see the voice command option in my events. I am on version .368, is that in a newer beta or am I missing something ?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                  I cannot see the voice command option in my events. I am on version .368, is that in a newer beta or am I missing something ?

I think 398 beta or later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, it's in a newer version then you are currently running.

Looks like that version is still listed as a beta.
                    Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Last edited by prnorton; May 8, 2018, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Yes mine are the same. Also in groups I get a "there is a problem with one or more of your devices" I have gone through the forget and discover several times. However it all seems to work - just no status change.

Comment

Originally posted by wkomorow View Post
                          Yes mine are the same. Also in groups I get a "there is a problem with one or more of your devices" I have gone through the forget and discover several times. However it all seems to work - just no status change.

Same here, I have both the server unresponsive and problem device messages even though everything seems functional. Alexa app makes it maddening to know what device it is unhappy with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In the previous version of the API you could not say "Alexa Open Garage Door" on a garage door zwave device like the GD00Z-4 for example. You would have to say "Alexa Turn On Garage Door" because of the Alexa skill limitation.
                            Does this new version of the skill allow a voice command like "Alexa Open Garage Door" ?
                            Thanks.

Comment

Indirect answer to your question. I have drapes controlled by the global cache plugin. I created a virtual device that has status/control open neutral close and enabled that. The device has use control off for open and on for close and an event to support running the GC IR command. I can say open the drapes and close the drapes and it works.

Comment

Thanks. This gives me an idea to try a workaround on the current API. Still would like to know if the API v3 allows this by default.

Comment

Working...
                                X