Z-Seer+ Now Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
    Very interesting tool. Just purchased the full license for it. I am trying to figure out how to scan a specific Z-Net controller (I have four). I read something about powering the other controllers down, but that isn't really an option for me as some of them are remote.
    hmmm, perhaps simply disabling them in the Z-Wave plug-in would work. Try that. Disable 3 of them, then launch Z-Seer. If that works, disable the first one and enable the second...etc...

By "disable" I just mean clicking the green checkmark in the image below. You shouldn't have to remove the interface.
    Attached Files
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
      Okay, reluctantly, very reluctantly, updated from .98 to .124 because, well, everything was just working!

Z-Seer shows that out of 115 nodes, 35 of which are battery operated, all but two of the HSWD100s have direct hops to my z-net. The two that don't, have two hops. Full optimization didn't help, but my system is very responsive so not really sweating it.

One suggestion to the Z-seer report formats: add one that displays the hops for each node.

As a side note, it has taken me about a year to absorb many, but not all, of the intricacies of HS3 to adapt our system to our lifestyle. Special kudos to rprade.

Overall, Rich, I am very pleased with your software and hardware. I've always said that if someone is doing something I don't like, I will tell them. However, I go out of my way to tell someone that I like what they're doing if indeed they are doing well.

Keep up the good work.

Now, to see if .124 works as well as .98; only time and the log will tell...
      Hi Michael - great feedback; thank you! I'll pass along your report suggestion... should be easy to add.

Regarding hops... if the device is working well with little or no latency, you're good! Optimization can sometimes reduce the hops but it's never a guarantee. Did you happen to run the packet testing? Curious...
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
        Regarding hops... if the device is working well with little or no latency, you're good! Optimization can sometimes reduce the hops but it's never a guarantee. Did you happen to run the packet testing? Curious...
        Mark, yes I did run the packet testing and there were no missed packets.
        Last edited by Rvtravlr; June 5, 2017, 11:10 PM.
        Michael

Comment

hmmm, perhaps simply disabling them in the Z-Wave plug-in would work. Try that. Disable 3 of them, then launch Z-Seer. If that works, disable the first one and enable the second...etc...

By "disable" I just mean clicking the green checkmark in the image below. You shouldn't have to remove the interface.
          Nope - that was the first thing I tried. If you do that, it gives you an two error messages. The first concerns my SEL being considered a secondary controller, and the second says it cannot connect. The error suggests going to Setup>Interface in Homeseer, but that does not exist as far as I can find.

My set up runs an SEL as my main device, with four Z-Nets on separate networks. I tried using the IP address of one of the Z-Nets, but this was also not allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
            Okay, reluctantly, very reluctantly, updated from .98 to .124 because, well, everything was just working!

Z-Seer shows that out of 115 nodes, 35 of which are battery operated, all but two of the HSWD100s have direct hops to my z-net. The two that don't, have two hops. Full optimization didn't help, but my system is very responsive so not really sweating it.

One suggestion to the Z-seer report formats: add one that displays the hops for each node.

As a side note, it has taken me about a year to absorb many, but not all, of the intricacies of HS3 to adapt our system to our lifestyle. Special kudos to rprade.

Overall, Rich, I am very pleased with your software and hardware. I've always said that if someone is doing something I don't like, I will tell them. However, I go out of my way to tell someone that I like what they're doing if indeed they are doing well.

Keep up the good work.

Now, to see if .124 works as well as .98; only time and the log will tell...
            I upgraded to .124 today in the hopes that it would cure the large lag between PIR motion detection (Aeon Labs ZW100) and light activation that I have been experiencing since I upgraded to .116. No joy.

Comment

Great tool Mark
              I would 80% of my nodes communicate directly with the controller and using the tool I was able to get the remaining nodes to 1 hop
              Cheers,
              Bob
              Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Z-Seer+ Now Released!

So we have to update the zwave plugin to make this work? I am still on .87 because all the betas have failed for me on latency and currently my system just works.

I really wanted this, but have concerns about the latency that others and I have been seeing in the betas the past few months. Many forum posts about it, but no concern from HS on this in any of those posts.

Comment

.124 still has intermittent excessive Z-Wave delays. My motion controls are all hard wired PIR. This morning my basement lights took a full 15 seconds to come on after motion was detected. The log shows the motion triggered event which had the action to turn the lights on, then shows the lights turning on 15 seconds later. Motion sensor and MiniMote controlled lighting are the two functions where this delay is really noticeable and we have these longer delays at least a couple of times a day.

The one frustration is that the delays are random - they can be practically nonexistent or long like I noted above. The other frustration is the ammunition these delays give other household members to pick on the idea of automation.

I have been experiencing intermittent delays for a very long time, including with .87, but it does seem like all the latest betas have these spells of much longer delays. I have been totally unsuccessful finding anything that is associated with these delays such as excessive CPU, excessive memory, longer queues shown in the plug-in, etc. When the system is really busy the response can be almost instant, or like this morning the system can be practically idle with longer Z-Wave delays. I have disabled energy reporting on several dozen devices and Z-Wave polling and still have experienced delays.

I have three separate Z-Wave networks each with a Z-Net controller and the delays can affect any of the networks, two of which have 100% direct communication and only about 10-12 devices.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I ran into the same odd behavior of it telling me to install .124, yet the plugin interface shows no update beyond .87.

We make small changes to the plug-in and release it as a beta for a time... until we're happy that no big issues have arisen. Then it goes to full release and the cycle starts again. I can't remember the last time I was actually running a released version! Ya... it's not a big risk.
                    Risk or no risk it's awkward at best to release a generally available product that costs money (for non-Pro users), then tie it to a beta pre-requisite. I'd really suggest officially shipping .124 if that's the pre-req for new tool. There's no way my own release managers would let me ship a product in this fashion.

Comment

No Hops and No Blue Lines

I dont see any letter "D"s or any Hop Counts

I also dont get any blue lines between the nodes when i select them?

Whats up??

(I have the .net and the .124 beta update)

Comment

Originally posted by barto View Post
                        I dont see any letter "D"s or any Hop Counts

Whats up??

(I have the .net and the .124 beta update)
                        Did you double click on the node to select it?

Comment

This looks like a pretty neat tool! One thing I noticed in the docs is:

A red node block represents a non-battery powered node that could not be successfully scanned when Z-Seer+ launched. In some cases, the node may not be currently powered on. This can easily happen with plug-in modules or smart bulbs. Check your network for this possibility, correct and relaunch Z-Seer+. If you still have red node blocks, those nodes may have been intentionally or accidentally removed from the network but not deleted from the controller or they may have become defective. You can remove these nodes from Z-Seer+ by first removing them from HS3. Use the Remove Bad Node function on the device configuration page as shown below. Then re-include the node into HS3 and launch Z-Seer+ again.
                          More than half my nodes are red blocks. There are a few that are nodes that I have turned off but not removed from the network, but the vast majority of these red blocks (about 60 of them at current count) work just fine.

Is there a way to re-scan or otherwise resolve the red blocks without removing and re-including them on the network?

Thanks.

EDIT: Looks like my z-wave2.db was a mess. Shutdown, delete z-wave2.db, restart. Now all gray blocks. BTW: it really does take 4 Optimize Cycles and 4 Full Optimization cycles to totally rebuild the mapping table in a device. I had a sensor that insisted on taking 4 hops (through three devices that were all directly connected to the controller) to get to the controller. Had to do the 4 cycle dance to get it to 1 hop (my network is a size that nothing should require more than 1 hop to get to the controller, except for 1 or 2 outdoor devices).
                          Last edited by ian351c; June 6, 2017, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ian351c View Post
                            Did you double click on the node to select it?
                            Yes, Double clicked the node, no blue lines!! (any ideas?)

The box gets the red outline when i double click it.

Comment

Originally posted by barto View Post
                              One of my nodes, at least that I have noticed so far, showed no route as well even though I know it is working normally. I optimized it and then the route showed itself.

Comment

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
                                I ran into the same odd behavior of it telling me to install .124, yet the plugin interface shows no update beyond .87.

Risk or no risk it's awkward at best to release a generally available product that costs money (for non-Pro users), then tie it to a beta pre-requisite. I'd really suggest officially shipping .124 if that's the pre-req for new tool. There's no way my own release managers would let me ship a product in this fashion.

Though I agree with what you are saying about releases, I really don't want any of the zwave betas made to general release until HS gets the delay issue sorted out.

Comment

Working...
                                X