Z-Seer+ Now Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barto View Post
    Yes, Double clicked the node, no blue lines!! (any ideas?)

The box gets the red outline when i double click it.
    Go into HS3, access the Z-Wave node info page and look at the "Last working route" field for each node. If the last working route is "none", Z-Wave won't be able to show route lines and won't know how many hops those nodes need.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Support for multiple Z-Nets will be added later, its actually a big job and we wanted to get something out quickly.

If you are not seeing any hops, go to the node info page in the Z-Wave plugin and look at the "last working route" entry, is there anything there? If there is, and no hops display in Z-Seer, post what you are seeing there. I suspect the entry is blank. That info comes from the controller and for some reason the controller does not always report the route, not sure why. You could try a power cycle on the controller.

Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.124 is released, so you don't have to use a Beta.

As for delays, I have yet to experience them, so hard to troubleshoot. I did add a timeout setting to the Z-Wave config page (click on the plugin name on the plugins page). You might try reducing that number and see if there is any change. Also, there is a setting there to disable polling globally, try turning off polling to see if that is involved. And on that same page, the queues are displayed, see if they ever show any value other than 0. This would indicate that traffic is higher than Z-Wave can handle.

Comment

Originally posted by prnorton View Post
        Got it installed. Only found controller and three nodes, should have found 18 nodes. My system is fully optimized and not having any problems.

UPDATE: Unregistered version only shows 4 nodes. I registered and it works fine.
        Me, too, but if you register the product go out and come back in..... it will probably be working OK....
        HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
        Home Assistant 2024.3
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
        Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
        Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
        WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post

Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.124 is released, so you don't have to use a Beta.
          Not seeing this..... I had to load the beta....
          HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
          Home Assistant 2024.3
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
          Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
          Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
          WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
          AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
            Though I agree with what you are saying about releases, I really don't want any of the zwave betas made to general release until HS gets the delay issue sorted out.

Yet releasing this software forces the (possible) delays upon customers. I can see the Catch-22 you're in, however there may be a middle-ground you can use.

The requirements list makes no mention of the specific Z-Wave plug-in version. Normally that wouldn't be a problem as you'd expect people to be up to date on released versions. Perhaps add an item to the list stating the beta plug-in is required for use and link to the forum post for .124 (is there one?). At least then you give the consumer the chance to educate themselves and determine whether or not they want to accept the pre-req before they've paid money for it. As it stands right now there's no way for them to know, unless perhaps they download/use the trial beforehand and don't jump right to purchase.

https://shop.homeseer.com/products/h...nt=40806589324

I'm debating whether or not I want to roll back now after playing with the new tool for a bit this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
              The requirements list makes no mention of the specific Z-Wave plug-in version.
              Sorry, my fault on that. This has been added to the product pages.

Comment

Originally posted by barto View Post
                Yes, Double clicked the node, no blue lines!! (any ideas?)

The box gets the red outline when i double click it.
                You need to right click on the node and then select the option to show the route.
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I have upgraded the Z-wave plugin, but I get these messages and no nodes showing. Restarted HS3 and reinstalled Zseer+

Any ideas?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                    Sorry, my fault on that. This has been added to the product pages.
                    <thumbs up>

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                      You need to right click on the node and then select the option to show the route.
                      Al - double-click does the same thing. FYI

Comment

Originally posted by zakrzep View Post
                        I have upgraded the Z-wave plugin, but I get these messages and no nodes showing. Restarted HS3 and reinstalled Zseer+

Any ideas?
                        contact support to get help with connection settings.

Comment

Al - double-click does the same thing. FYI

Thanks for clarifying.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
                          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                            As for delays, I have yet to experience them, so hard to troubleshoot. I did add a timeout setting to the Z-Wave config page (click on the plugin name on the plugins page). You might try reducing that number and see if there is any change. Also, there is a setting there to disable polling globally, try turning off polling to see if that is involved. And on that same page, the queues are displayed, see if they ever show any value other than 0. This would indicate that traffic is higher than Z-Wave can handle.
                            They are nearly impossible to troubleshoot, but they are real.

From my perspective they have remained across several different HS3 servers, several different Z-Nets and can affect many different nodes. My wife has been complaining about and I have been chasing them since 2015. They seemed to go away altogether in the fall of 2015, but then crept back in from time to time. There have been some plug-in releases that the delays are almost nonexistent, but the latest releases (since 3.0.1.87) have presented more frequent delays.

I have turned on Z-Wave command logging and the delays can occur when there is very little traffic and periods of extreme traffic can present virtually no delay. I have set the send timeout to 2 seconds. Whenever I have a chance I will look at the plug-in configuration page when there was a delay and all of the queues are empty. The report buffers range between 10-40. I have even disabled all energy reporting, which seems to eliminate virtually all of the report buffer items, yet the intermittent delays continue.

I have created events with logging and timers that prove the delays exist, but have found absolutely nothing within the system that correlates to the delays.

While I was composing this post, I used a MiniMote to turn on and off some track lights over and over. Out of 25 tries, the control was almost instant, certainly so fast as to be completely acceptable. About the tenth try there was a 2 second delay, followed by a 5 second delay, the remaining control returned to nearly instant.

I wish I had the tools to examine exactly what is going on behind the scenes to narrow down the exact point in the process where the delay is introduced. Perhaps I have the tools and don't know how to use them. The delay could be in getting the command to the plug-in from HS, to Z-Net from the plug-in, to the Z-Wave device from the Z-Net. I think the Z-Net itself has nothing to do with the delay, since they were there with Z-Trollers. Since the delays are directly attributable to certain plug-in versions, it would seem that the delay is introduced within the plug-in's command processing.

The only thing I can offer as an aside, is that it is possible to bring all HomeSeer processing to a dead halt. If am editing and deleting events the system can slow down. Especially deleting several events without waiting for HomeSeer to reload the Events page, can bring HS to a dead halt. Expanding an event group with a lot of individual events can really slow down HS processing. I have some groups that can take nearly a minute to expand and during that minute Z-Wave delays are ALWAYS high. While this expansion is happening, the server CPU usage spikes from about 20% to over 50%. Multiple deletions of events can cause it to go even higher. The server has a 4 core hyper threading 3.2ghz Xeon with 16GB of RAM. is running Windows 10 and only handles HomeSeer. My only point in bringing this up is that it is possible that delays could be introduced if the HS core becomes overtaxed doing something in the background.
                            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by zakrzep View Post

Any ideas?
                              Under Edit>Connection... do you have the IP address of your HS server entered? If you do and are on computer that is separate from your HS server, you might have a firewall issue.
                              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

contact support to get help with connection settings.
                                One thing I noted was that if you have Windows firewall running, you need to open up incoming port 10400. This is alluded to here for remote connections but with a firewall is necessary for LAN connections as well.

Nice tool BTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X