Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZWave low voltage relay

Hi everyone -

I have an idea for a project I would like to do, but it will require a controllable Zwave low voltage relay.

I am familiar with the Fibaro RGBW controller, but are there perhaps other, simpler devices that will do what I'm looking for? I just need a low voltage powered relay that will trigger a dry contact.

Thanks!

What do you consider low voltage, and what will the load be?
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

The Fortrezz MIMOLite Zwave Input Output Module is your friend...

Robert
      Last edited by langenet; April 16, 2018, 09:03 AM.
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
        What do you consider low voltage, and what will the load be?

Low voltage is 12vdc or 24vdc (either is acceptable).

There will be no load as I only need to trigger a dry contact. The load will be controlled by a separate power supply, which I will use the dry contact to trigger.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
          The Z-Wave Minimote is your friend...

Robert

Hi Robert --

Is this the device you're referring to?

https://www.123securityproducts.com/...hoCu-MQAvD_BwE

If so, can you explain how this could be helpful in my scenario?

Comment

Sorry.. mis-fired neurons.. I meant the fortrezz-mimolite-zwave-input-output-module.

https://www.aartech.ca/mimolite/fort...ut-module.html

They used to sell them here - couldn't find it when I looked.

I use this to control my gas fireplace and it works great!

Robert
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
              Sorry.. mis-fired neurons.. I meant the fortrezz-mimolite-zwave-input-output-module.

https://www.aartech.ca/mimolite/fort...ut-module.html

They used to sell them here - couldn't find it when I looked.

I use this to control my gas fireplace and it works great!

Robert

Thanks Robert! I'm glad to know that I'm not crazy for being confused at my original link!

That device looks like it would do the trick, for sure. However, for that price (~$70 USD), I could get another Fibaro RGBW controller and use it, and it would give me more options as well.

I am a little surprised that there aren't more options out there to do this. I would have expected this to be a pretty common occurrence, but perhaps not? I'm wondering if maybe the alarm world has a few more options...

Comment

Do Qubino sell in the US? They have a dry-contact relay module that can be powered by 110V AC or 24-20V DC:

http://qubino.com/products/flush-1d-relay/

(No affiliation; I've used a few of their modules and they are ok. Generally similar to Fibaro in form and function.)

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

I have a Linear Isolated Contact Fixture Module which is apparently discontinued according to the Linear site but the GoControl site doesn't confirm this and both sites show GoControl on the unit, but a web search does show many z-wave contact closure units. Some in the 30.00 range.

I use the unit to open/close my garage door by running an event which turns it on, waits a second and then turns it off. It has house line power running the unit and connections for the controlled wiring.
                  Karl S
                  HS4Pro on Windows 10
                  1070 Devices
                  56 Z-Wave Nodes
                  104 Events
                  HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                  Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by Jon798 View Post
                    Do Qubino sell in the US? They have a dry-contact relay module that can be powered by 110V AC or 24-20V DC:

http://qubino.com/products/flush-1d-relay/

(No affiliation; I've used a few of their modules and they are ok. Generally similar to Fibaro in form and function.)

Cheers,

Jon.

Hey Jon,

Yes, it does look like Qubino is available in the US, and this looks like a great option! Approx 40% less expensive than the Fibaro, but looks to be perfectly suited for what I'm looking for.

Thank you! I will keep looking, but this is the frontrunner right now!

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                      I have a Linear Isolated Contact Fixture Module which is apparently discontinued according to the Linear site but the GoControl site doesn't confirm this and both sites show GoControl on the unit, but a web search does show many z-wave contact closure units. Some in the 30.00 range.

I use the unit to open/close my garage door by running an event which turns it on, waits a second and then turns it off. It has house line power running the unit and connections for the controlled wiring.

Karl, this is indeed a dry contact relay, but it is one that requires line voltage (120vac/240vac) instead of low voltage (12vdc/24vdc).

However, thanks for the recommendation -- I will be starting on a garage door project soon, and this looks like a great start to that!

Comment

Originally posted by RebelT View Post
                        Karl, this is indeed a dry contact relay, but it is one that requires line voltage (120vac/240vac) instead of low voltage (12vdc/24vdc).

However, thanks for the recommendation -- I will be starting on a garage door project soon, and this looks like a great start to that!
                        The one I use requires Line Voltage to operate but controls a separate connection and could control low voltage. I have it connected to the same connections the push button is on for my garage door opener. I am sure this and others could control low voltage as well. Yes, it is powered by line voltage for the z-wave on/off, but it does not pass that same line through.

If I were doing the garage door today I would use one of the other items available for garage doors. They were not available when I set that up.
                        Karl S
                        HS4Pro on Windows 10
                        1070 Devices
                        56 Z-Wave Nodes
                        104 Events
                        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                        Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Working...
                        X