No announcement yet.

Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta builds 3.0.0.369->3.0.0.423

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont get crashes but I get hangs / unresponsive app.... it usually happens when I'm in the UI and doing something. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do except kill the process and restart. The web UI never responds, even on the local machine.

CPU & Memory usage seems fine when it hangs: nearly 0% & ~45mb

This happens to me every 3-4 days.

Looks like I now need to install an app/script just to remotely kill HS3 and restart it.

Comment

Last edited by Derek; November 1, 2017, 06:36 AM.

Comment

I have seen similar on my Homeseer Touch tabletops running embedded Windows, Homeseer Touch and Homeseer speaker. Mostly on just one tabletop and twice in 2017. Even though the media is SSD I still occasionally do a disk check on it. I let the tabletop go to a screensaver and here it looks to be a video issue when the screen saver kicks in.

Check the Microsoft Event viewer for issues. Here the tabletops have nothing connected except for one Gb NIC.

Googling the error

In this Stop error message, each parameter is a hexadecimal number that refers to a specific issue:

Parameter 1 - An address that was referenced incorrectly.
        Parameter 2 - An IRQL that was required to access the memory.
        Parameter 3 - The type of access, where 0 is a read operation and 1 is a write operation.
        Parameter 4 - The address of the instruction that referenced memory in parameter 1.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Don't you just love the BSOD. What happened when you restarted the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
            Don't you just love the BSOD. What happened when you restarted the unit.

It came back up just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              I have seen similar on my Homeseer Touch tabletops running embedded Windows, Homeseer Touch and Homeseer speaker. Mostly on just one tabletop and twice in 2017. Even though the media is SSD I still occasionally do a disk check on it. I let the tabletop go to a screensaver and here it looks to be a video issue when the screen saver kicks in.

Check the Microsoft Event viewer for issues. Here the tabletops have nothing connected except for one Gb NIC.

Googling the error

In this Stop error message, each parameter is a hexadecimal number that refers to a specific issue:

Parameter 1 - An address that was referenced incorrectly.
              Parameter 2 - An IRQL that was required to access the memory.
              Parameter 3 - The type of access, where 0 is a read operation and 1 is a write operation.
              Parameter 4 - The address of the instruction that referenced memory in parameter 1.

Comment

Yeah BSOD's can be cryptic.

You have to look up each of the code numbers and each pertains to something.

That and looking at the event viewer may shed some light to the events before the BSOD.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

From past experience probably disk issues. Failing that suspect memory modules will trigger it. Do a disc scan as a first option and check for errors. Possible FAT corruption. If you have a POST memory check utility give that a spin too.

What ever you do make sure you have a full system back up done before you try anything. BSOD are so random it could be a one-off event but it could be a sign of hardware failing too.

Comment

From past experience probably disk issues. Failing that suspect memory modules will trigger it. Do a disc scan as a first option and check for errors. Possible FAT corruption. If you have a POST memory check utility give that a spin too.

What ever you do make sure you have a full system back up done before you try anything. BSOD are so random it could be a one-off event but it could be a sign of hardware failing too.

Comment

Maybe a little more info on your setup might help people troubleshoot the problem for you. SD issues can be quite popular. There's so many variations of HS3 setups the more information you can supply the better.

Comment

Maybe a little more info on your setup might help people troubleshoot the problem for you. SD issues can be quite popular. There's so many variations of HS3 setups the more information you can supply the better.

Comment

Serious piece of kit, serious price too.

Best advice I could give is to take an image copy of your 32gb SD device and in the event of a serious failure you can reinstall your setup without much effort.

I assume your unit is still under warranty so I wouldn't dismantle anything. It would probably void your warranty if you do.

The fact that your system restarted without any ill effects it may be one of those random crashes that tend to happen to Windows systems. May be no harm reporting the matter directly to HS Technical support just to be on the safe side

Comment

I would open a helpdesk ticket and get our support involved so we can see what is going on. A blue screen is not normal for sure.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Really odd, let me add some code to check for this and at least allow other plugins to run. The way it is now, if one plugin does not respond, it will stop all other plugins from getting events. I will put in a fix for that.

Originally posted by bdickhaus View Post
                              I can add HSBuddy and EasyTrigger as plugins that cause the callback queue to grow. With HSBuddy, the queue count started to rise immediately. Yesterday I let it go all day, and the queue count went up over 8 million. The HSConsole process got up to 1.6GB of virtual memory and then things started failing, so I restarted HS3. But all day HS3 was working well, some slowness at times, but no failures and no major slowdowns. I've got those two plugins disabled again and so far so good today.

Current Date/Time: 10/31/2017 7:12:42 PM
                              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.379
                              Linux version: Linux rpi5855 4.9.35-v7+ #1014 SMP Fri Jun 30 14:47:43 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 20 Hours 41 Minutes 14 Seconds
                              IP Address: 192.x.x.x
                              Number of Devices: 327
                              Number of Events: 176
                              Available Threads: 399
                              HSTouch Enabled: False
                              Event Threads: 0
                              Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                              Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                              Device Exec Queue: 0
                              Plugin Callback Queue: 0
                              HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                              Email Send Queue: 0
                              Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
                              2.0.70.0: BLSpeech
                              1.2.0.0: Device History
                              3.0.1.90: PHLocation
                              3.0.6413.20219: UltraNetCam3

Remote:
                              BLLAN
                              BLRF
                              JowiHue
                              Z-Wave
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

379 (Linux) -- Status Report

I've had 379 running for a bit over 3 days now on an Ubuntu Server VM (1 CPU/4GB RAM; the underlying physical CPU is an i7-6700K).

Memory usage for the HSConsole.exe process is very slowly creeping up, as is the memory usage for the ZWave plugin. All other plugins that I run seem pretty well-contained from a memory perspective.

Load averages on the system are quite low (under 1.0 except for a few very brief spikes, not of concern). Overall CPU utilization is trivially low.

I'm attaching two memory usage charts (well, really just one, repeated a second time with the HSConsole.exe process highlighted because the legend is a real eye-chart). This is for a 72-hour period.

I'll continue to monitor.

-M.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X