X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is another error in the log. the plugin was working right before this error and after the error it has stopped.

Nov-19 10:07:15 AM Error In SettingManager getVar setting var gUseNormalLogFolder: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
      Yes, hstouch and no password are ticked.

Nov-19 10:09:46 AM 8080 192.168.1.184 Nov-19 10:09:46 AM System Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.writelog(hs.GetINISetting("Settings", "gWebSvrPort", "", "settings.ini"),hs.GetIPAddress)
      There should be an IP address and port number in the log after that one.
      Jon

Comment

here is another error in the log. the plugin was working right before this error and after the error it has stopped.

Nov-19 10:07:15 AM Error In SettingManager getVar setting var gUseNormalLogFolder: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        That has nothing to do with my script.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          There should be an IP address and port number in the log after that one.
          sorry....there is Nov-19 10:09:46 AM 8080 192.168.1.184

Comment

Looks fine...currently at a loss.
            Jon

Comment

Looks fine...currently at a loss.
              Damn...you would think, if it will run fine for 30 minutes, it should be good to go.... HS3 has been getting wacky ever since .363. .363 was crashing hard on me, so the tech told me to try upgrading to .383... with .363 your plugin worked, but HS crashed. with .383 your plugin crashes, but HS works, kinda...

Comment

Jon;

The error in my system always follows an event where the plugin devices are controlled, so it is only indicative that the devices are empty. After restarting this morning a couple of hours ago, the devices are still populated with plug-ins.

Nov-19 3:01:10 AM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode6.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm)
                Nov-19 3:01:00 AM Event Event Trigger "Utilities - Trouble Detection Z-Wave - restart plug-in"

Nov-17 3:23:10 PM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode5.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm)
                Nov-17 3:23:00 PM Event Event Trigger "Utilities - Misc Brultech Reset"

Nov-16 3:01:10 AM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode7.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm)
                Nov-16 3:01:00 AM Event Event Trigger "Utilities - Trouble Detection Z-Wave - restart plug-in"

I will attempt to find out what precedes their becoming empty. I don't know when it started behaving this way. I only found this problem a week ago and have been trying to get some idea as to when the devices become empty.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  Jon;

The error in my system always follows an event where the plugin devices are controlled, so it is only indicative that the devices are empty. After restarting this morning a couple of hours ago, the devices are still populated with plug-ins.

Nov-19 3:01:10 AM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode6.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm)
                  Nov-19 3:01:00 AM Event Event Trigger "Utilities - Trouble Detection Z-Wave - restart plug-in"

Nov-17 3:23:10 PM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode5.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm)
                  Nov-17 3:23:00 PM Event Event Trigger "Utilities - Misc Brultech Reset"

Nov-16 3:01:10 AM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode7.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm)
                  Nov-16 3:01:00 AM Event Event Trigger "Utilities - Trouble Detection Z-Wave - restart plug-in"

I will attempt to find out what precedes their becoming empty. I don't know when it started behaving this way. I only found this problem a week ago and have been trying to get some idea as to when the devices become empty.
                  Randy...on version .363 it worked fine, on .383 is when things went bad. something has changed in HS between the two versions

Comment

Randy...on version .363 it worked fine, on .383 is when things went bad. something has changed in HS between the two versions
                    Possibly. I know Jon's script works fine after a restart. It is only after HS has been running for a while that the devices lose all of their VS pairs, but I don't know how long. My devices still look correct after restarting HomeSeer almost 4 hours ago. Here is a screenshot from just now

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jon00Plugin1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	1193126

I went back to the HomeSeer database before I restarted this morning and the same device looked like this screenshot

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jon00Plugin2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	1193127

Comment

I downgraded to .362, which is the beta before the official release. And now everything is working fine. thanks Randy and Jon

Comment

24 hours later and both devices are still populated. HS V3.0.0.379.

Comment

I just restarted HomeSeer with v3.0.0.384 and the devices are not populated with any plug-ins. It seems this problem might occur at startup. It was also happening with v3.0.0.379.

Comment

Maybe something has changed at Startup which is not allowing things to be setup correctly. Perhaps running the script with an event after startup may work?
                            Jon

Comment

Maybe something has changed at Startup which is not allowing things to be setup correctly. Perhaps running the script with an event after startup may work?
                              It is intermittent, because it survives a restart the bulk of the time. I can try running it from an event. I'll comment it out in startup and move it to my event that does housekeeping 2 minutes after startup.

Comment

Running it from an event works just fine. I wonder if the system is occasionally too busy at startup. The event I run it from has a 2 minute delay from startup.

I am currently running HS v3.0.0.387 as of today.

I will let you know if I see any problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X