Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Evolve Z-Wave products to the list. If you hunt a little you can find a smattering of them here and there but... not much. I assume there hasn't been a production run of any new product in a few years now. The company appears to have left the consumer market and is entirely focused on the commercial hospitality market.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      If you're a Cinephile (movie enthusiast), you are familiar with Kaleidescape... even if you're not rich enough to own their products. This past week, the company shut down operations and is actively looking for a buyer. Here's an interview with CEPRO: http://www.cepro.com/article/kaleide...ena_srinivasan
      Group purchase anyone?
      HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
      Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
      Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
      Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
        Group purchase anyone?
        wait... they're not dead yet? https://www.kaleidescape.com/news/

Comment

Add the Harmony Link Hub to the list of Cloud-managed products that will be intentionally "bricked" very soon. According to Engadget, Logitech will be ending service (effectively "bricking" the hub) on March 16, 2018.

Story: https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/09/...link-in-march/

FAIK, the list now includes
          • Revolv (bought by Nest and then bricked)
          • Staples Home Connect
          • Harmony Link Hub

Are there more?

Comment

The problem with cloud driven services is what keeps a company hosting it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like the plug was finally pulled on Staples Connect:
              https://www.slashgear.com/staples-co...rows-26521126/

Comment

What is this "cloud" they speak of?
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

For consideration

HACS (AB8SS)
                  ALC (I guess Stewarts bought ALC)

Comment

Originally posted by mhog View Post
                    For consideration

HACS (AB8SS)
                    ALC (I guess Stewarts bought ALC)
                    The AB8SS appears to be still available... at least here: http://www.hacs.com/ab8ss.php

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                      The AB8SS appears to be still available... at least here: http://www.hacs.com/ab8ss.php

What is ALC?
                      I know the page exists for the hacs, but I don't think it's still available.

ALC lighting by OnQ. Looks like it is still alive with Stuart Electronics, so it probably should not be added to the list.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

ALC lighting remains alive also with Leviton HAI Omni panels. Many OnQ users either got rid of their panels or updated them to HAI panels many many years ago (it's only a chip replacement as the boards are the same). The OmniPanels will live longer than Leviton as they were well built.

The HACS stuff while no longer being sold was made to last forever. Here have an AB8SS that still functions just fine and never has been a problem. It was used before Russound and is still utilized today.
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Looking over some of the products I used in the past that are no longer relevant:

SageTV: Not a home automation product, but one that many here used. I have HD200 units still that i'm trying to get rid of on their forums with no takers.

WGLDesigns: Still active (W800 product used heavily), but they used to make a Relay-8 and multi-channel device that would send X-10 signals on a contact closure.

TouchTronixs/Red Radio: They had a RelayTouch-UTMA touch screen with nControl technology for creating an 'instance' of a computer's OS (say your HomeSeer server). Never really took off.

Shame Cinemar/MainLobby dissolved as it did provide a pretty cool interface.
                          --------------------------------------------------
                          **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

BSR,

Cinemar is rebranded as Allonis, and alive and well without the flash interface.

Now 100% HTML, which is a lot easier and WYSIWYG using open standards.

www.allonis.com
                            HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveSirRobbin View Post
                              Looking over some of the products I used in the past that are no longer relevant:

WGLDesigns: Still active (W800 product used heavily), but they used to make a Relay-8 and multi-channel device that would send X-10 signals on a contact closure.
                              Warren makes good, reliable products but all with older tech. New products have to support TCP/IP protocols now or have to be mobile-device friendly. HA is in a much different state than it used to be.

Comment

BeON Shuts Down

BeON Home shuts down

CEPro Story: https://www.cepro.com/article/smart_...ome_shuts_down

Comment

Working...
                                X