This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote Speaker.exe stops working

I have recently noticed that Speaker.exe stops working after about a day. The icon still displays white and the app still "responds" to click and to being shut down, but it does not "speak" or play wavs. The HS log shows this:

PHP Code:
    5/10/2007 2:50:14 PM   Info  Remote Speaker Client disconnected from 192.168.15.4 
    /10/2007 2:50:34 PM   Info  Speaker client connected from192.168.15.4 
    /10/2007 2:50:34 PM   Info  Speaker Client speech recognition stopped 
    /10/2007 2:50:34 PM   Info  Speaker host addedNameJane IP address192.168.15.4 
    There is always a 19-21 second gap between being disconnected and reconnecting, but then the client just doesn't do anything.

PHP Code:
    Current Date/Time5/10/2007 3:09:24 PM 
    HomeSeer Version
    Standard Edition 2.2.0.11 
    HomeSeer
    Is Registered  
    Operating System
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Work Station 
    OS Version
    5.1.2600 Service Pack2.0 
    Is anyone else experiencing this?

I actually had the same thing happen today, the only difference was my Speaker app turned RED before it froze. Otherwise, similar result.

I should note that this has never happened before, and also note that I JUST started using Voice Recognition about a day ago.

Comment

Are there any errors in the HomeSeer log file or event viewer when this happens?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Nope. Got essentially the same error as outbackrob.

5/10/2007 7:07:33 AM ~!~Info~!~Remote Speaker Client disconnected from 127.0.0.1
        5/10/2007 7:07:33 AM ~!~Info~!~Speaker Client speech recognition stopped
        5/10/2007 7:07:34 AM ~!~Info~!~Speaker client connected from: 127.0.0.1

Comment

I don't user speech recongnition, but I do know that the ATT voices just stop when I lose network connection. Thus, on my wireless laptops running the speaker, I need to check periodically (actually nightly) to make sure it hasn't dropped its network otherwise the speach won't work.
          It is very annoying since my master bedroom laptop and speaker is my alarm clock and if the wireless router drops for some reason in the middle of the night the alarm doesn't go off.

Not sure if related, but thought I would mention just in case.

Jay Fro

Comment

I do use AT&T voices, but my speaker client is on the same PC as HomeSeer, so I don't think the connect can break (easily at least.)

Comment

Rupp,

No AV software at all on this machine - older ComPaq P3 600Mhz - just HomeSeer 2.0.1.11
              ------------------------------------------------------------

AT&T voices stop if internet connection turns off. I just tried it.

Microsoft Mary doesn't !

My HS and Speaker app are on just one pc ! (older P3 600)

I wonder if "Kate and Paul" voices are OK - I don't have them to test with.

Can anyone verify ?

Neil
              Last edited by nsisman; May 20, 2007, 07:00 AM.
              Neil
              Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Are there any errors in the HomeSeer log file or event viewer when this happens?
                Nothing but the log clip above. It just stops.

Comment

Originally posted by nsisman View Post
                  I wonder if "Kate and Paul" voices are OK - I don't have them to test with.

Can anyone verify ?

Neil
                  I use Kate and she does stop when the speaker.exe stops working. I am also 90% sure she will stop if my laptop loses its wireless connection.

Rob

Comment

I use Mike, and it has never stopped before.

Run McAfee, although I don't really need it since this PC doesn't get mail, but may have Homeseer get mail in the future.
                    Last edited by ; May 12, 2007, 12:13 AM.

Comment

I use kate and she stops talking in about 2 days.

Rupp, I use avast av. The speaker app keeps running but vr and tts stop after 2-3 days until reboot.
                      Last edited by basshook; May 11, 2007, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Are you guys that are having this problem running any anti-virus software? Could you go back to your original posts and update your post indicating if so and which one please.

Comment

Many different A-V...

Are you guys that are having this problem running any anti-virus software? Could you go back to your original posts and update your post indicating if so and which one please.
                          Rupp,

I use Norton A/V Corporate 9.x, 10 on my XP machines and am trying NOD32 that came with Vista on another machine. Same issue on all.

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
                            Rupp,

I use Norton A/V Corporate 9.x, 10 on my XP machines and am trying NOD32 that came with Vista on another machine. Same issue on all.
                            Rob,
                            NOD32 is definately not compatabile with Microsofts 2.0 .net framework unless they have made a recent fix.

Comment

Rob,
                              NOD32 is definately not compatabile with Microsofts 2.0 .net framework unless they have made a recent fix.
                              That's interesting as Speaker.exe on my Vista machine seems to be the most stable. I have not had to restart it in the last 4 days. On the other hand, I have had to restart it on my XP machines (running NAV) at least once each in that same time period.

That does not sound like an AV issue.....

Rob

PS. This is NOT intended as a slam or flame. Why are you always so quick to point to AV as the cause of problems? I have never found AV to be a problem with HS or any other HA support app. ...ANY app for that matter. I'm just curious. .....also curious about what AV app you use??
                              Last edited by outbackrob; May 15, 2007, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X