No announcement yet.

Discussions related to HS3 build 3.0.0.425

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another case of crashing here. I had a stable .423 install on Windows 8 Enterprise (fully updated), then updated to .425. It lasted a day or so then crashed.

Same clr.dll error; same exception code 0xc00000fd.

More worryingly I couldn't get HS3 to restart and I'd changed a load of events between the backup I took when I upgraded and when the crashing started.

Eventually resolved by continually restarting HS3, disableing event processing and then disabling plugins as many as I could before it crashed again until they were all disabled, then cleared out all the running processes remaining in task manager, then restarted HS3 'clean'. Then re-enabled plugins slowly until all running and finally re-enabled event processing. Then all ok (for now at least).

I suspect an issue with the handling of an IP connection that isn't successful. Someone else reported crashing if an IP address couldn't be reached. I think I may have had 2 instances of Jon00SNMPMonitor.exe running when all the crashing happened, which may have 'trodden on each others' toes'?

Hopefully something that can be found and fixed fairly quickly...

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

Originally posted by cerjzc View Post
      I'm also on Windows 10 and after 2 more crashes on .425 all on clr.dll I rolled back to .423 and so far it has been running fine since the 13th.

Jeff
      Mine was the same. .423 ran fine for weeks. I installed .425 and it crashed several times over the two days it was running with the same file name in the Windows logs. I reverted to .423 and it has been solid since. I have not had HomeSeer crash in more than 2 years.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        We ran 425 here on all our systems for about a week.

We have some minor changes for a 426 build that will be posted shortly, maybe there is a problem with the 425 file that I posted. But all systems here are running fine and updated using the same file.

It might help if someone can post crash details, maybe from the Windows log, might give me a clue.
        Rich,

They all produce the same crash report. I collated them here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...1&postcount=98
        Jon

Comment

We ran 425 here on all our systems for about a week.

We have some minor changes for a 426 build that will be posted shortly, maybe there is a problem with the 425 file that I posted. But all systems here are running fine and updated using the same file.

It might help if someone can post crash details, maybe from the Windows log, might give me a clue.

Comment

Crashing here. Also on win 10.

Comment

We do have a build 426 ready to go. Maybe a few of you can give it a try and see if it works better for you. This build only has 2 fixes:

* Fixed status/graphics editor so you can assign the CONTROL_USE_COLOR_CONTROL attribute
              * Fixed the Longitude setting so you can now enter the correct value. It was reversed. Finally!

Here is the 3.0.0.426 installer for Windows:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_426.msi

The Linux builds are uploaded also.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

We do have a build 426 ready to go. Maybe a few of you can give it a try and see if it works better for you. This build only has 2 fixes:

* Fixed status/graphics editor so you can assign the CONTROL_USE_COLOR_CONTROL attribute
                * Fixed the Longitude setting so you can now enter the correct value. It was reversed. Finally!

https://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_426.msi

Upgraded to 3.0.0.426 but I wasn't having any problems with 3.0.0.425.

Current Date/Time: 4/16/2018 8:26:35 AM
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.426
                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 0 Minutes 43 Seconds
                IP Address: 192.168.5.3
                Number of Devices: 914
                Number of Events: 581
                Available Threads: 400
                HSTouch Enabled: False
                Event Threads: 0
                Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                Device Exec Queue: 0
                HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                Email Send Queue: 0
                Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
                3.0.14.0: BLLock
                0.0.0.21: drhsIpPlugIn
                3.0.0.44: EasyTrigger
                3.0.2.8: OMNI
                0.0.0.38: Pushover 3P
                3.0.5.9: SDJ-Health
                3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3
                3.0.0.42: UPBSpud
                3.0.1.208: Z-Wave

-Travis

Comment

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_426.msi

426 is no longer a debug build for Windows?

Comment

426 is a release build. Normally, I never post a debug build, even the betas are release builds.

Originally posted by randman View Post
                    426 is no longer a debug build for Windows?

Comment

Probably not a lot of help but I went from .422 to .425 which has now been running for nearly 5 days without any issues at all.
                      System is on real hardware (not a VM) and runs a Windows 7 (x86) / .net framework 4.5.2 combination.

The only 3rd party plug-ins I use are RFXCOM, Sonos and Z-Wave which are all the latest release or beta. All other plug-ins and / or scripts are my own creations.

As others have also mentioned, the web interface did appear faster to me after the update to .425. I normally have the device management page set to display a specific set of 130 devices and this used to take a couple of seconds to load / refresh but now it is almost instant.

Paul..

Comment

.426 fixed my .425 problem of COM ports specify callback function not working.

Comment

Trying to install .426 and I have never seen this.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Odd, I saw that also on my test system. I restarted the PC and all is ok. I am an admin user and the installer runs as admin, so the error does not make sense. It looks like an issue with the Windows installer, maybe an update?

Originally posted by racerfern View Post

Comment

A google search seems to say that a process that was started from the install folder may still be running. Normally, the installer will do what it can and then force you to restart to finish the install. But if the process is not part of the install, maybe a plugin, it may give this error. So see if any plugins are running after you shut down HS.

Originally posted by racerfern View Post

Comment

I just installed .426. No issues with installation and it is running fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X