Schlage Lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlage Lock

arghhh been beating my head against this silly lock trying to include it to my zwave network. Using a fairly new HS Smartstick. I've tried sitting the lock right next to the smartstick, removing, re-adding, etc. Always the same messages. Any ideas?

Jul-13 09:16:23 Z-Wave Node: 6 Supports Class(es): APPLICATION_STATUS, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V2, SECURITY, VERSION_V2
    Jul-13 09:16:00 Z-Wave Warning If this is an import, you may need to remove and add the device as some devices cannot be added with an import.
    Jul-13 09:16:00 Z-Wave Warning Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 6. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
    Jul-13 09:16:00 Z-Wave Error Z-Wave was unable to negotiate a compatible security scheme with node 6
    Jul-13 09:15:49 Z-Wave Adding using S0 Security, Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 6
    HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Did you try adding it using the non secure method. The new secure method is problematic and has a very high failure rate.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I tried non-secure adding. No error messages but it only creates one device so that's a no-go.

Device is literally laying right next to the stick. Tried removing and re-adding several times with the same outcome... Maybe something in the latest Zwave beta's broke it.
        HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

Also ran into an issue where the batteries got low enough to allow the lock to work locally, but the zwave part failed to connect. After replacing the batteries it connected immediately but then had to optimize the lock. This took place over a few days and thought someone had not locked the door but it was the batteries failing. Thus the other zwave devices in the area got new routing as this was out of the picture.

Stuart

Comment

I just had this same problem two days ago with the same lock. What I did was:
            1. Downloaded and installed an app on my android from the Playstore called Z-Tool.
            2. Connected it to the HomeSeer server with the Z-Stick plugged into the server.
            3. Moved the phone with the App close to the lock.
            4. Selected Remove on the Z-Tool app.
            5. On the Touchpad of the lock I selected Schlage, Enter the code in the last page of the user manual or on the back of the lock. If you don't have the user manual you have to take the lock off the door to see the back of the lock to get the code. Then I entered a zero.
            You should get an orange dot on the bottom of the keypad.
            Z-Tool with show that it's removing it.
            6. In Z-Tool select Add Device. Select Schlage, Enter the code on the last page of the user manual, then zero. You should get the orange dot on the bottom of the keypad. Z-Tool should say it's adding it.
            When Z-Tool asks for a name you need to swipe the screen down to Add a name and then select OK. It will let you enter a name.
            7. Do the same swiping down on the next field to either add or find the next option. Select Ok.

Docfxit

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried them all to no avail.

Rupp, I can add the device non-secure without error messages but it only creates one root device, no devices to control the lock.

The only thing I haven't tried is reverting back to a non-beta Zwave plugin...

Comment

I have 5 of BE469's in the homeseer and several more on other systems. I had a problem adding a couple of them. Ended up doing a factory reset on the lock. See page 12 in the Programing Guide.

Let me know if this helped.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                  I have 5 of BE469's in the homeseer and several more on other systems. I had a problem adding a couple of them. Ended up doing a factory reset on the lock. See page 12 in the Programing Guide.

Let me know if this helped.
                  Thanks for the suggestion Duane. Tried and got the same. I have been noticing some unusual behavior recently on my zwave network so may put the Zwave sniffer on it tonight and see if maybe I have a failing module out there making a bunch of noise.

Comment

What kind of a Zwave sniffer do you have? Where did you get it?

Thanks,
                    Docfxit

Comment

@thymer

I had this problem a week or so ago. You can search my threads if you want.
                      Your zwave network is not the problem, door locks use beaming (direct connections).
                      The problem is Homeseer's Zwave implementation is buggy, or simply lacking necessary robustness, in many ways - and definitely has problems with Door Locks.

I just went through this problem with a door lock that worked perfectly, in every way, for 5 years on Vera and a year on Homeseer until I updated to the latest zwave plugin release then I got errors on that lock, but not my other other lock - they are the same distance from the homeseer box.

I had to remove mine, re-pair it close up (a few feet), and then optimize several times. It finally started working without log errors after letting it rest a few days

BUT, mine is still not working 100% -- it frequently does not update the child device "Access Control Notification" which is used in several Events.

Comment

Originally posted by thymer View Post
                        Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried them all to no avail.

Rupp, I can add the device non-secure without error messages but it only creates one root device, no devices to control the lock.

The only thing I haven't tried is reverting back to a non-beta Zwave plugin...
                        I would recommend rolling back to the production Z-Wave plugin and try as there are a lot of issues with the latest Z-Wave betas.
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

I would recommend rolling back to the production Z-Wave plugin and try as there are a lot of issues with the latest Z-Wave betas.
                          Thanks Rupp, have tried that too. Something changed causing my stats and Schlage locks to not work.

Comment

Working...
                          X