RFID Reader Recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RFID Reader Recomendations

I am trying to find a rfid reader that I can use to have Homeseer send an unlock command to my Kwikset 99100-011 Motorized Deadbolt.
    If possible I would like to be able to add and control the use of the rfid tokens within Homeseer.

My budget is about $200

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You should find what you need at http://www.rfidshop.com.hk/ for less than 100$
    I've bought one. Very good communication with the seller.
    Testing for the moment ; then connected to Homeseer to control alarm and lighting.

Comment

Thanks

What model do you have?

Comment

PhidgetRFID might be an option if you can use USB or an USB-over-IP solution. My RFIDseer plugin (see signature) is simple but it works.
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by nk89 View Post
          What model do you have?
          I've bought this one "125K-R-485-W1" 125K EM4100 reader with RS485 interface and 10 "125K-T5" keyfob tags.

Comment

Originally posted by eole View Post
            I've bought this one "125K-R-485-W1" 125K EM4100 reader with RS485 interface and 10 "125K-T5" keyfob tags.
            Can you recommend a reader for long range reading when an automobile enters a driveway (e.g., 30 meters)? Thanks.
            "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
            "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

I don't know but I think you should ask the seller directly. Sure he'll help you. I've had very good communication with him.

Comment

Thank you!
                "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Thanks for the response!
                  What homeseer plugin did you use to interface with it?

Comment

My reader is not connected for the moment because I don't have any time to test for the moment... and I don't want to destroy my server
                    I always prefer to install another server, or building a full Acronis image before installing new hardware.
                    I'll probably use Blade's free pluging : http://bladeplugins.no-ip.org/BLRfid/default.asp
                    I had read it seems to be the best. If someone has other information, please share, it could be usefull.

Comment

My reader is not connected for the moment because I don't have any time to test for the moment... and I don't want to destroy my server
                      I always prefer to install another server, or building a full Acronis image before installing new hardware.
                      I'll probably use Blade's free pluging : http://bladeplugins.no-ip.org/BLRfid/default.asp
                      I had read it seems to be the best. If someone has other information, please share, it could be usefull.
                      Ok Thanks.
                      I'll let you know how my setup turns out .
                      I just ordered the 125K-R-485-W1" 125K EM4100 reader with RS485 interface and 20 "125K-T5" keyfob tags.

Comment

I received my reader and tags but have no clue how to get it to interface with homeseer.

It comes with a demo program, and that seems to work but the out put is all in HEX code.

Any ideas

Comment

Do you have anymore information. I haven't used this brand RFID. I have been using the iAutomate rfid for several years. iAutomate support for the Homeseer plugin ended with JRE 1.4 and questions to their support about this go un-answered. Also, iAutomate is really expensive. So, I would like to have a cheaper alternative as RFID has really solved alot of occupancy issues with my system.

What does the demo program consist of? Do you have the source code?

Comment

Originally posted by nk89 View Post
                            I received my reader and tags but have no clue how to get it to interface with homeseer.
                            Connect the reader to your HomeSeer server using a RS485 adapter. Then install Blade's plugin. It should work.

Comment

Connect the reader to your HomeSeer server using a RS485 adapter. Then install Blade's plugin. It should work.
                              No offense, but have you actually tried this your self or is this just a theory.
                              The reason I ask it because I thought the rfid reader I bought was faulty until I used the demo program that was included with it.
                              It requires you send a set of hex code commands to it before it will spit out any rfid tag id.
                              When it dose spit out the tag id it's all in hex code.

At this point I am not sure if it is something I am doing wrong or what.

I should also note I can't get it to work with hyper terminal or any program except the demo program they included.

Here are to links to the PDF that are included with the reader.

http://www.rfidshop.com.hk/datasheet...-Datasheet.pdf

http://www.rfidshop.com.hk/datasheet...5-protocol.pdf

Again any help is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X