Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted a build 381:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241

Anyone is welcome to try it, but I am most interested in users who have seen the plugin event queue fill rapidly.

This build adds a queue and thread per plugin for handling event callbacks. Event callbacks are things like device changes, event log entries, and such. It appears that some or one plugin is not returning from this call and that allows the queue to fill and use memory. It will also cause plugins to not operate properly.

Each plugin now has its own queue with a max size of 50 entries. If a plugin stops responding HS will log a message with the plugin name so we can see which one it is. But with a max queue size memory will not rise. Other plugins will continue to operate normally.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Whoops, found a problem with 381, please update to build 382.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241

Comment

Thank you Rich. Updated to build 382.

1 - HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.382 (Linux) - beginning HomeSeer Memory Used 113 Mbytes
        2 - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.382 (Linux) - beginning HomeSeer Memory Used 154 Mbytes
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thank you Rich.

As expected:
          Code:
          Nov-03 9:51:44 PM	 	Warning	Plugin RFXCOM is not processing events quickly enough is not responding, the HS event will not be processed, queue is full.
          Nov-03 9:51:05 PM	 	Warning	Plugin EasyTrigger is not processing events quickly enough is not responding, the HS event will not be processed, queue is full.
          Nov-03 9:50:37 PM	 	Warning	Plugin HSBuddy is not processing events quickly enough is not responding, the HS event will not be processed, queue is full.
          I'm going to just let it run.

Bill

Comment

Odd that multiple plugins are doong this. Are those the only plugins you have enabled?

Originally posted by bdickhaus View Post
            Thank you Rich.

As expected:
            Code:
            Nov-03 9:51:44 PM	 	Warning	Plugin RFXCOM is not processing events quickly enough is not responding, the HS event will not be processed, queue is full.
            Nov-03 9:51:05 PM	 	Warning	Plugin EasyTrigger is not processing events quickly enough is not responding, the HS event will not be processed, queue is full.
            Nov-03 9:50:37 PM	 	Warning	Plugin HSBuddy is not processing events quickly enough is not responding, the HS event will not be processed, queue is full.
            I'm going to just let it run.

Bill

Comment

I agree that it is odd. But I have eight other plugins enabled, and ran .379 with only those 8 for 72 hours without any issue other than occasional cpu spikes and a very gradual memory increase. And I had a script checking the callback queue on the help web page once a minute and it never went over 100.

I enabled these three when I installed .382 and started getting warning messages immediately. Now it may be that these three are the only plugins enabled that utilize the callback function on a large scale. HSBuddy and I assume EasyTrigger are monitoring everything going on that they can. HSBuddy is also logging everything to a database, which I think is just too much for the RPi3 to handle. I'm going to disable those two and see how RFXCOM and the other 8 plugins do.

Comment

OooK, I originally had v.379 and noticed that I can no longer talk HS3 to ALEXA. I updated to v.382 in the hopes that what ever was wrong with v.379 went away, however it did not. I even disabled the HS3 skill and re enabled and re discovered my devices but am unable to get ALEC to control any HS3 devices and get "XXX Light is not responding". Help!
                Last edited by MNB; November 4, 2017, 02:30 PM.
                Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
                HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

The fun keeps on coming, I stepped our for an hour and came back to "HS3 has stopped working" not a good sign.. me thinks I should revert back to a working version.

How does one install a back level v.368, I thought I could just download it but the software knows that a more recent version was installed and cancels the Installer?

Update: Never mind, I simply copied my BLBACKUP from 11/2/17 (day prior to converting to v.379) over my current HS3 directory and am now up and running with v.3.68... I know sometimes one can be slow at times ;-).

I've just also verified that ALEXA is now up and running.. Rich if you can confirm, obviously something changed. Mike
                  Last edited by MNB; November 4, 2017, 02:30 PM.
                  Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                  Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
                  HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Worst update ever. Installed, rebooted to start with a clean slate, and now 4.5 hours later, memory has shot up nearly 5Gb.

No errors logged for queue being full either.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
                      The fun keeps on coming, I stepped our for an hour and came back to "HS3 has stopped working" not a good sign.. me thinks I should revert back to a working version.

How does one install a back level v.368, I thought I could just download it but the software knows that a more recent version was installed and cancels the Installer?

Update: Never mind, I simply copied my BLBACKUP from 11/2/17 (day prior to converting to v.379) over my current HS3 directory and am now up and running with v.3.68... I know sometimes one can be slow at times ;-).

I've just also verified that ALEXA is now up and running.. Rich if you can confirm, obviously something changed. Mike
                      May not be related to your problem but there may be a problem with the server. I wouldn't make any drastic changes to your setup at the moment. My Alexa is not responding either on .379

Comment

I installed .382 this morning. I'm doing well here with HS3.exe eating a steady 70MB. I'm running about 24 - 25 plugins. I'm really curious to know what the common factor is in all of the systems that are eating up so much RAM.
                        Originally posted by rprade
                        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                          I installed .382 this morning. I'm doing well here with HS3.exe eating a steady 70MB. I'm running about 24 - 25 plugins. I'm really curious to know what the common factor is in all of the systems that are eating up so much RAM.
                          The problem seems to arise running the system constantly over a period of days. I'm running .379 for 11 days without a restart and the memory usage has climbed steadily over this period but the system has not crashed yet. At certain times memory usage has dropped very slightly but then continues to rise.

I'm leaving .379 to run to see if it crashes or rise in memory usage levels off. I'm only running 3 plugins on a Raspberry Pi so that shouldn't over stretch system resources.

Comment

I've been running .382 for 12 hours now and don't have any plugin warnings which is a good sign considering I wrote five out of my eight plugins myself (and one of those plugins uses quite a few change callbacks which I always worry about and know these have caused issue before).

Current Date/Time: 04/11/2017 22:38:18
                            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.382
                            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
                            System Uptime: 0 Days 11 Hours 40 Minutes 56 Seconds
                            IP Address: 192.168.1.4
                            Number of Devices: 313
                            Number of Events: 162
                            Available Threads: 200
                            HSTouch Enabled: True
                            Event Threads: 1
                            Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                            Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                            Device Exec Queue: 0
                            HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                            Email Send Queue: 0
                            Anti Virus Installed: Microsoft Security Essentials

Enabled Plug-Ins
                            0.0.0.10: Additions
                            0.0.0.42: Current Cost 3P
                            0.0.0.19: DoorBird
                            0.0.0.9: LaMetric 3P
                            0.0.0.34: Pushover 3P
                            3.1.0.20: Sonos
                            0.0.1.5: TradfriSeer
                            3.0.1.140: Z-Wave
                            Few issues with Alexa mentioned in the other thread though where I get 'not responding' messages however not sure if this is a HS issue or a MyHS issue.

HS was sitting at 70MB earlier and is now at 88MB which I will watch and see how it is in the morning, not going to worry about 18-20MB over the space of 12 hours right away.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
                              The problem seems to arise running the system constantly over a period of days. I'm running .379 for 11 days without a restart and the memory usage has climbed steadily over this period but the system has not crashed yet. At certain times memory usage has dropped very slightly but then continues to rise.

I'm leaving .379 to run to see if it crashes or rise in memory usage levels off. I'm only running 3 plugins on a Raspberry Pi so that shouldn't over stretch system resources.
                              I had been running .378 since it hit the market and didn't see any increase in memory usage. HS3.exe always hovered between 70 - 110 MB and .382 is behaving the same way. There's just got to be some factor or combination of factors that some folks have and others don't that's causing this memory hogging.
                              Originally posted by rprade
                              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I'm assuming you are taking that memory usage figure from Tools-About Homeseer from the web Api page.

Comment

Working...
                                X