Chamberlain MyQ Garage door controller PLUGIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VikingCoder View Post
    Almost... it should have displayed the doors and their current state within a few seconds.

Can you try again? If it doesn't display the door-state then there's something else I'll need to fix.
    I gave it about 60 seconds and nothing appeared other than LoggedIn.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by VikingCoder View Post
      Almost... it should have displayed the doors and their current state within a few seconds.

Can you try again? If it doesn't display the door-state then there's something else I'll need to fix.
      Iy you want to take this off list, we can do this by email. My email is randy at the domain below.

Comment

I can't email exes so once more on board.

Attached is an updated test app. This one should create txt files in the same folder as the exe . It doesn't collect your credentials so no worries.

Please test one more time and upload the .txt files for me to check.

Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Here you go. I attached one. Do you need them all? I edited out my email address.
          Attached Files

Comment

This gives me what I need. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              Here you go. I attached one. Do you need them all? I edited out my email address.
              One more update. This one does not write .txt files and should accurately display your gateway's state.

Thanks for all your help!
              Attached Files

Comment

Looks like you have it!
                Attached Files

Comment

I would be very interested in being able to tap into MyQ for my Camberlain garage door opener.

Is it ready for testing?

Comment

I need a few hours to incorporate the Craftsman info I learned yesterday and to add the Config UI.

This week for sure.

Comment

Sounds good to me. I already downloaded your Zip file and it is displaying the status changes of the door so that functionality works great. Next trick will be to update HS3 so that is knows the status of the door and then I assume that we will have a script it will be able to open and close the door as required.

BTW - I am all in favour of a donation if we can make this work. Appreciate your efforts.

Brian

Comment

Looking forward to this as a plugin! I replaced my door openers with the Chamberlain belt driven with MyQ, but it broke my Insteon IOlinc settings. Glad that I'll be able to have all of this in HS3!

Comment

That is exactly what I did too. My Insteon system worked great but then it turned into 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

I wrote a letter to Chamberlain to complain and they are trying to help but bottom line is that their new door does not use an open architecture.

Comment

ok, I am now basically talked in to getting a myq opener for my new outbuilding, looks like I need a myq opener and the myq internet gateway...

does anyone know if the gateway supports wired Ethernet or how far from the garage door it can be installed? i'm a little concerned that my wireless is probably spotty at this building.
                            HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Originally posted by misraels View Post
                              ok, I am now basically talked in to getting a myq opener for my new outbuilding, looks like I need a myq opener and the myq internet gateway...

does anyone know if the gateway supports wired Ethernet or how far from the garage door it can be installed? i'm a little concerned that my wireless is probably spotty at this building.
                              The gateway is wired, it communicates with the opener wirelessly. Rumored, but unconfirmed is that Chamberlain uses a proprietary version of Z-Wave between the gateway, opener and optional light switch. I don't know how far it can communicate with the Gateway, mine is in the basement about 50 feet from the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                                The gateway is wired, it communicates with the opener wirelessly. Rumored, but unconfirmed is that Chamberlain uses a proprietary version of Z-Wave between the gateway, opener and optional light switch. I don't know how far it can communicate with the Gateway, mine is in the basement about 50 feet from the garage.
                                Perfect, very helpful...I was assuming the gateway was 802.x wireless and was installed next to the opener.
                                HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Working...
                                X