No announcement yet.

HA-Bridge - EU/UK direct control of devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it working. Since my internal lan has no restrictions on ports or protocols internally, kept looking elsewhere.

Just by chance, I copied the device to a new one, edited the name and added it as a new bridge device, re-scanned in Alexa and it showed up. Same exact settings as the original device - just changed the name.

All is good.

Kevin

Comment

so everything has been working great for the last two days in terms of using the home control buttons on my remote. So today my house lost power for a minute. Now I can no longer control lights from buttons on harmony remote. When I go to bridge web address and test my devices all works fine. Its just on my remote it says no connection to lights. I tried to repair hue bridge with harmony app but that didn't work. I even double clicked the RAR file on my windows controller(does this RAR file automatically run when computer is booted up or do I need to do something to have this happen???)

Do I need to do anything with my router. I checked and the harmony hub IP address is still the same as it was before power went out.

Im not sure what else to do

thanks
      Chris

Comment

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
        so everything has been working great for the last two days in terms of using the home control buttons on my remote. So today my house lost power for a minute. Now I can no longer control lights from buttons on harmony remote. When I go to bridge web address and test my devices all works fine. Its just on my remote it says no connection to lights. I tried to repair hue bridge with harmony app but that didn't work. I even double clicked the RAR file on my windows controller(does this RAR file automatically run when computer is booted up or do I need to do something to have this happen???)

Do I need to do anything with my router. I checked and the harmony hub IP address is still the same as it was before power went out.

Im not sure what else to do

thanks
        Chris
        You should not be running a RAR file as that is just a zipped file. You should be runing a Java File or .Jar file. And just like any other program it will not run automatically on startup unless you do something to set that up. The first time you probley double clicked it and ran it, but would can do again right now and be back to normal. But you should set it up to auto run on windows boot.

I actually made a folder called HA-Bridge and put it in the c:/. I put the Ha-Bridge.jar file in there and I use startup delayer myself to run all the programs I normally run during startup. PLEX, Blueiris, HomeSeer, This Bridge, and a few others.

Comment

sorry meant JAR not RAR

Do I did double click JAR file and still does not work. My devices on harmony remote say not ready however when I got to bridge address and test devices they work fine. I have tried repairing bridge from harmony app and refreshing bridge.

not sure what is going on

Comment

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
            sorry meant JAR not RAR

Do I did double click JAR file and still does not work. My devices on harmony remote say not ready however when I got to bridge address and test devices they work fine. I have tried repairing bridge from harmony app and refreshing bridge.

not sure what is going on
            Not sure either but if you can get the HS-Bridge Web UI then it is running. If all your devices are still in there and everything then it knows where the config file is and it is running you previous state.

I personally don't have any problem during power loss or server reboot. It should all just work again.

Work on getting it working first then work on setting it to auto start on windows startup.

Comment

so now Im trying this:

I deleted my hue bridge from harmony app. then went to go add hue bridge again. It instantly went to the pairing part where it says press the center button in the bridge however does not get past this point

this wasn't a problem a few days ok

Comment

Im getting the following warning message below:

Still can't get my harmony remote to get past the philips hue pairing process. just gets stuck there

Anything to do with below warning message or any steps I should follow. like I said it was working great before yesterday but then remote was reporting not connected

01-01-2017 23:48:32.462 INFO HA Bridge (v3.5.1) starting.... com.bwssystems.HABridge.HABridge
                01-01-2017 23:48:32.493 INFO reading from config file: data/habridge.config com.bwssystems.HABridge.BridgeSettings
                01-01-2017 23:48:32.696 WARN The upnp config address, 192.168.0.3, does not match any known IP's on this host. com.bwssystems.HABridge.BridgeSettings
                01-01-2017 23:48:32.696 INFO HA Bridge initializing.... com.bwssystems.HABridge.HABridge

Comment

just to be clear its getting stuck where it says philips hue bridge has been detected. press the center button in the bridge to pair it with harmony

Comment

"..192.168.0.3, does not match any known IP's on this host. com."

Is it possible that your IP address changed ? If you're using dhcp, you might have received a different IP after the power outage...

Kevin

Comment

this is very possible since Im using DHCP

I guess my confusion is how to setup the HAbridge

Under the section bridge control my UPNP IP address is set to what it was at the very start of me setting up this bridge

So if my local ip did change what do I need to do next in bridge interface or in my router to fix this and so it doesn't happen again. I know how to find out what my local ip is.

Sorry if this is basic stuff Im still learning as I go

Thanks
                      Chris

Comment

In Windows, you can get to a cmd window and type 'ipconfig' and it'll show you your ip address of your computer.

You may want to set a static IP - if this turns out to be your issue...

Comment

thanks got it working again

Comment

Originally posted by Simonk View Post
                            Thanks for that, works great.

Is it possible with this to pass information back from HomeSeer to be read by Alexa?
                            I never saw an answer for this. Would what it take to get Alexa to read the status of a device? For example : "Whats the temperature in my office" ?

I have a bridge device set up that gets the current temp from my zwave thermostat from json string.

Didn't know if it was possible to send / return a response to Alexa to say.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by kprice View Post
                              I never saw an answer for this. Would what it take to get Alexa to read the status of a device? For example : "Whats the temperature in my office" ?

I have a bridge device set up that gets the current temp from my zwave thermostat from json string.

Didn't know if it was possible to send / return a response to Alexa to say.

Kevin
                              I've been using Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper to get information out of HomeSeer. You can easily set up a Trigger that will do exactly what you want, see image below.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184504

I'm also working on a script that will take the text from alexa(using a single trigger in Jon00 Helper) and try to find the device that your after the status off without having to create a trigger for each device you want. As I cannot see that this can currently be done.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I saw that plugin when first started, but it looked like it was just for setting up a skill that required the homeseer Alexa skill to installed.

I will take another look at it.
                                Thanks,
                                Kevin

Comment

Working...
                                X