Never showing away state.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

There is no poor cell coverage. Should be 4g throughout the entire commute.

As you can see from the log, the location (Lat/Long) do update multiple times, (every 5-10 minutes).
    05:11, 05:20, 05:23, 05:26, 05:31, 05:41, 05:48....

However it is offline the entire commute.

It is the same for my wife, "Offline" in HS and has incorrect Location in the location device. Lat/Long is updating correctly. If I go to the Life360 app, I can see the correct address of her current location.

Comment

Originally posted by cp1983 View Post
      Hi,

There is no poor cell coverage. Should be 4g throughout the entire commute.

As you can see from the log, the location (Lat/Long) do update multiple times, (every 5-10 minutes).
      05:11, 05:20, 05:23, 05:26, 05:31, 05:41, 05:48....

However it is offline the entire commute.

It is the same for my wife, "Offline" in HS and has incorrect Location in the location device. Lat/Long is updating correctly. If I go to the Life360 app, I can see the correct address of her current location.
      In the log I have most of the times you provide are not there. From what I have

5:25: Online
      5:26: Offline until 6:31 it was then Online and updated Location

Comment

Yes, i removed most of the log, as it is just more of the same.

Lat/long is updating every 5-10 minutes throughout. Offline from I leave the house until I get to work.

Comment

Attached is two more logs where they have been filterd on Offline/Online status and one where it has been filtered on Latitude location. There you can see position updates frequently even though status is Offline.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes, i removed most of the log, as it is just more of the same.

Lat/long is updating every 5-10 minutes throughout. Offline from I leave the house until I get to work.
            Is this correct?

Bagaji, Nigeria

That is what the Lat/Long returns back.

Comment

Does it matter the actual location? I have changed the actual values for privacy however all numbers behind the decimal are correct.

Comment

Does it matter the actual location? I have changed the actual values for privacy however all numbers behind the decimal are correct.
                Yes it does matter for troubleshooting. I understand privacy and why I said to PM it to me if concerned. If I was to go off of what is actually in the log then it's not updating because there is NO Address to associate and I doubt you would have GREAT 4G coverage in that area....

Anyways, the device is showing offline which means that Life360 has no data for a location (null value) so the device goes offline. The Lat/Long still update because you are still on the planet.

I'll add a bit of debugging into the alternate address and post a new binary for you to test. Not sure when I'll have that ready but sometime later today.

Comment

Thanks for sending the info in the PM. Again the root device shows as Offline throughout the entire log during the timer period of No Location Updates. I've made a modification to this and here's a updated binary.

[EDIT]
                  I've made a couple of enhancements/changes around location and logging. Pretty minor but may help. I'll post an update in the Beta section when I'm sure it's not going to break anything else.
                  Last edited by simplextech; July 13, 2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

I have update to 1.2.0.44

Is this the version you mande with the extra logging?

Comment

Latest update seem to have done it.

Device stays Online, location goes to Away

Comment

Working...
                      X