No announcement yet.

HELP: IFTTT Feature Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is all coded and ready to test. We will be testing next week. Will update you when we have it working.

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
    Rich,

Any luck yet getting the voice command action on IFTTT?

-Tom
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Dim a Homeseer Device Feature Request

can I get the capability to use a custom variable in the 'dim a device' action?? I want to use my google home to dim a device to a specific level (1-100) using 'Say a phrase with a number' trigger. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        It is all coded and ready to test. We will be testing next week. Will update you when we have it working.
        Any news on the this? Sure would be great.

Comment

I assume you mean the IFTTT support? This has been out for a few weeks, just use the text ingredient.

Originally posted by baudi View Post
          Any news on the this? Sure would be great.

Comment

Great. Thank you.

Comment

Google Home --> IFTTT Dim commands not working with text ingredient

What command are you speaking to google home to dim a light? The command I speak directly to HS3 on my PC ("set kids room light to fifty percent") works fine. The same command to IFTTT via google home fails.

Turn on and turn off IFTTT commands work fine. Only dimming fails.

My log shows:
              "Info: Heard: set kids room light to 50" [ What I actually said to Google home was: "OK Google, tell homeseer set kids room light to 50 percent"] The IFTTT recipe is "Tell Homeseer $" the [textfield] ingredient is what is sent to homeseer

The next log entry is:
              "TTS Speak (json:"

then nothing...

When I issue a turn on/off command ("Turn kids room light on") the next entry log is:
              "ASR: Device voice command: turn kids room light on" And this works fine.

Many thanks in advance!
              Last edited by sniogi; April 4, 2017, 09:19 AM. Reason: added information for clarity

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                There was some protection on the properties, I have put in a fix in build 304 which is posted here:

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241

To set them and trigger events, do this:

Code:
                http://IP/JSON?request=setdeviceproperty&ref=####&property=NewDevString&value=STRING_VALUE
                http://IP/JSON?request=setdeviceproperty&ref=####&property=ChangedValueORString&value=TRUE
                Rich,
                The HSEvent callback is still not called in my plugin when those json urls are called.

Comment

Setting the properties will not work, its not triggering any events. You need to call: hs.SetDeviceString(...)

Sub SetDeviceString(ByVal dvRef As Integer, ByVal st As String, ByVal reset As Boolean)

Comment

Working...
                  X