This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Have you refreshed the device management page? If that fails, try a HomeSeer restart again.

Do you have 'No Password Required for Local Login' ticked under Setup, Network Tab, Web Server Settings?
    Is this on Windows or Linux?
    What version of HomeSeer are you running?
    1. I have refreshed the device management page (Ctrl+F5 to clear cache).
    2. I have restarted HS3 several times.
    3. I have also rebooted the entire computer and then started HS3.
    4. 'No Password...' is ticked.
    5. Windows Server 2012
    6. Running HS3, latest rev.

Comment

I'm not sure then. When you say the latest rev of Homeseer, is that the latest release 3.0.0.435 or beta 3.0.0.449? I may need to check for any changes.
      Jon

Comment

Comment

It is working well here on 3.0.0.449. It also worked with 435 and 445, without issue.

Since you are running on Windows Server 2012, are you running it as a service with FireDaemon or similar, running it in a session through task manager without the user actually logged in?. The reason I ask is that I found a number of things that wouldn't run correctly unless HS and the plug-ins were launched by a logged in user and the user remained logged in. I now some have had good luck attempting to run HS as a pseudo service and for me most everything worked, but there were a couple of things that did not.`

If you are running it in the background, could you try launching it from Windows with a user logged in?
          Last edited by randy; June 24, 2018, 01:50 PM.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks for the reply/thoughts.

The 2012 server is a VM on VMWare ESXi -> enterprise-grade HP server machine (DL380). I am not running VMotion yet but plan to in order to ensure high availability across multiple servers in the cluster.

I RDC into the server as an admin, launch HS3 manually and leave my user session logged in (Ctrl-Alt-Del -> lock computer).

The only thing I've found to be problematic is since it's a Server VM, HS3 doesn't like that it doesn't have a sound output/speaker. Other than that everything has run well.

It's just really weird that the script config'd fine, created the virtual objects but poops the bed when it comes to reading the plugs installed.

I kinda need to get this going as I'm having some stability issues with my alarm panel (network engineering issue -> we know what needs to be fixed but a big change) and having the plug restart every morning at 3am would be HUGE in making sure everything is working until I can make the network change.

Comment

I run HS on a SuperMicro server (Windows 10) with no sound card and it never complains, unless "Launch Speaker Client on Startup" is enabled in setup. That is the only part of HS that looks for a sound card.

I ran HomeSeer on Server 2012r2 in the past, the same way as you do, without issue. I moved to Server 2016 last year. I just copied mu full HomeSeer directory structure over to the Server 2016 instance (physical machine) and seems Jon's plug-in utility works fine. I also have a Windows 10 VM (under Hyper-v) as a backup for my physical HS server and I just checked Jon's script on it and the two devices are populated there as well.

I'm out of ideas as to why yours doesn't work. Does yours create this log entry at startup:

Jun-23 2:28:53 PM Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/Jon00Plugin.vben

Have you tried running the script from an event or Control Panel after HS is running?
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                -snip-

Have you tried running the script from an event or Control Panel after HS is running?
                Great idea. Just tried it. No dice.

Comment

I see the same problem. Currently on beta .449. Windows 7 x64 (on ESXi).
                  HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                  Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                  on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                  WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I can't really help. It seems that the issue is related to VMWare installations which I don't run. If you cannot see the list of plugins then something is stopping the script parsing the plugins web page for that data.
                    Jon

Comment

I can't really help. It seems that the issue is related to VMWare installations which I don't run. If you cannot see the list of plugins then something is stopping the script parsing the plugins web page for that data.

Comment

As I said, it needs to read the plugin names from Homeseer's own plugin setup page. It would appear that it is being prevented from doing so. I use the HttpWebRequest class to do this.
                        Jon

Comment

As I said, it needs to read the plugin names from Homeseer's own plugin setup page. It would appear that it is being prevented from doing so. I use the HttpWebRequest class to do this.
                          By default what addresssdoes the script use to hit the page: localhost, 127.0.0.1, etc?

Comment

It would be the LAN IP Address as seen on the about page. You can manually set this if it is wrong - read the docs.
                            Jon

Comment

It would be the LAN IP Address as seen on the about page. You can manually set this if it is wrong - read the docs.
                              I was away from the machine and spitballing. Going to try some futzing with that to see if I can figure it out.

Comment

Okay here’s my thoughts.

The script works on Win 10.

On my Server 2012 Install it is creating the Enable and Disable objects in HS3.

The script is almost certainly not successfully reading the Plugins page via the VB HTTP Get.

On Server 2012, MS has put almost obnoxious levels of security on Internet Explorer. Multiple site zones (trusted, local intranet, etc) + granular settings for each.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the VB HTTP request library is possibly subject to these security rules somehow. I have put the server’s IP (127.0.0.1) and localhost into the trusted sites on IE but it doesn’t mean it’s not goofed.

rprade - Do you have anything memorable on your IE browsing security settings? Did you turn all the dumb stuff off?

I think our problem lies in the OS not allowing the GET request to actually complete. Everything else is working including getting the log line that the script is instantiating at startup. John00 since you wrote the code and thus know how it’s invocation the web page get calls, see if you can Google other folks having their scripts fart in Server 2012.

I believe my issue *IS* solvable without touching the script -> nothing wrong with it. We just need to make the sure the OS/browser object/security settings will allow the script to execute which will ultimately mean an extra step or two on the script install instructions for Server 2012/2016 users.

Thanks everyone for the help!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X