Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont know if it was mentioned, but if you have a userid/pwd on your homeseer, addin the repo.xml to squeezecenter will fail (bad authorisation) manual install worked though.

Comment

Well it crashes again, complains about the .png

Opens fine in ps, renaming and other ( like the radio ) to cover doesnt solve anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin_f View Post
        Well it crashes again, complains about the .png
        Is this when you tried displaying the png file in iPhone/iTouch/iPad in HSTouch and via the SB plugin or other means?

Thanks

Comment

Well not even...

The hstclient on the iphone is in the booting process and then at the moment it should say building screens ( thats after getting data ) it crashes back to springboard.

Do you want me to load it as a button in hst and deploy the pictures and see if it still works ?

Picture loads up and shows fine at photoshop and beside beeing alpha tranparant i dont see any strange things.

But it raises some questions here :

- is there a specific reason to use alpha transparancy in this picture ?
          - is it possible to do a test and change the cover.png to a cover.jpg ( i mean in your code ) to see or it changes something in the problem i expierence ?

I also heard about some issue that the .png keeps on stage and looks like its layered, because the see the cover.png halve thru the album artwork wich might a thing to check. ( removal of cover.png when albumart.jpg is loaded )
          Last edited by Robin_f; April 18, 2010, 03:34 AM. Reason: updated

Comment

Yes I can switch to jpg images for the default ones. If you could try the png image separate from the plug-in that would great to better understand if png images are the issue with iPhone/iTouch/iPad HSTouch.

Comment

Cover.png works fine in all cases i tried.

I think you have to look in a other direction. Atleast thats my opinon....

In the standard itouch template is a music page but that doesnt call the cover.png
              there isn't squeezebox support either so in my case it makes no sence.

As far i can think of it must be something in the init sesion of the iphone/pod/pad in combination of the musicapi and the sq plugin.
              Last edited by Robin_f; April 18, 2010, 04:09 PM.

Comment

FWIW, I have the same experience with both a Touch and Iphone 3G..... HS Client starts to load and then dies, back to icon screen before it can ever cache the screens. Never had it work, but I had SqeeuzePlugin installed since day 1 of my adventure in HomeseerLand.

- Jim -
                My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

I posted a new beta revision with several fixes/enhancements. Since the jpg image was smaller than the png, I switched to the jpg version (it is not as nice but will save space on mobile devices). Otherwise still trying to figure out why iPhones / iTouch clients don't properly start upon connection. Did I understand correctly that in non of your cases, HSTouch screens did not include any information from SqueezeBox devices/plug-in?

Comment

No change here,

still going back to springboard ( apples home page ) after the getting data messega on hst iphone platform.

And you understood me right. Problem occures also when there is no sq player attached to the template.

But as far i understood hs tells hst anyway about attached players.
                    and to me it seems hst iphone client stops on this somehow. As it never shows building screens. ( wich would be the step after getting data )

As everything works fine when i disable the plugin there is no other option for me than trace it back to the things i mention.

Somehow it must be a combination of things as not everyone has this problem.

Comment

I keep getting the following error over and over. Any ideas?

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>4/26/2010 6:57:19 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>An unexpected error occured in the CurrentArtworkFile function/subroutine: [System.ArgumentException: 'plugins/Sounds/html/images/icon.png' is not a valid remote file address. A valid address should include a protocol, a path and a file name.Parameter name: address at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.GetUri(String address) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite, UICancelOption onUserCancel) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite) at HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.hspi_player.GetCurrentArtworkPath(String path)]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

This error is trapped by the plug-in when it cannot download an album cover. It is displayed in the log to capture it and will instead return a default cover album image. My guess is that one of your players is referring to this icon in its playlist, but I could be wrong. I have not seen that SBServer returns path like this one 'plugins/Sounds/html/images/icon.png' as a album cover page. Can you try clearing all playlists for all players? If you find which playlist entry creates it let me know and I can try to reproduce it.

Comment

I tracked down the issue. I use the SB as an alarm. The .png file is the one hosted by mysqueezebox for the sound effect that I use in the alarm. Apparently HS is trying to get the file and can't find?

Comment

new updated version of the apple hst client 1.8 did not change anything either.

any sugestions ?

Comment

I contacted Rich and Rick at HomeSeer a week ago or so; Rich is traveling and waiting for him to return to discuss specifics. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

@pcp

Just be glad my mum isnt posting here as she is bitching as hell

Nah, just kidding i understand...
                                as mentioned before, i love you for opening up the sq to hs.

in the end we will get there.

Comment

Working...
                                X