"failed to parse" on squeezebox BOOM extra menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"failed to parse" on squeezebox BOOM extra menu

HI and thanks for a great plugin. I just purchased it.
    I get CID etc on the BOOM, but when I select homeseer in the xtras menut I get "failed to pass" on the boom display.

Can you please explain what causes this and what I need to do?

thanks,

Phil

Thank you. Most likely - but I could be wrong - you have two HS2 devices with the same name. Check the HS2 error log; it should contain an error message giving you some details. The other approach I recommend is to try the following URL from your web browser; if successful it will return the menu structure in XML format displayed in the SqueezeBox: http://{hs2-server:hs2-port}/squeezebox?pg=xml (replace {hs2-server:hs2-port} with what is appropriate for your system).

Comment

my boom fail to pass too.
      Best,
      Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Failed to pass when you try to display the menus on the Boom or when displaying the XML in a browser? HAve you checked error messages in the HS2 log ? I have a Boom as well and the menus display fine (as long as I don't have duplicate device names which happened to me at some point).

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
        my boom fail to pass too.

Comment

I get this error in the HS log when I try to access the HS Extramenu on any Slim device.

Code:
          08-10-2009 22:41:28  - SqueezeBox Error - An unexpected error occured in the SlimServerXML - GenPage() function/subroutine:  [System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'no name in config'  Key being added: 'no name in config'   at System.Collections.SortedList.Add(Object key, Object value)   at HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.hspi_slimserver_xml.GenPage(String& lnk)]
          Best,

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
            I get this error in the HS log when I try to access the HS Extramenu on any Slim device.

Code:
            08-10-2009 22:41:28  - SqueezeBox Error - An unexpected error occured in the SlimServerXML - GenPage() function/subroutine:  [System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'no name in config'  Key being added: 'no name in config'   at System.Collections.SortedList.Add(Object key, Object value)   at HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.hspi_slimserver_xml.GenPage(String& lnk)]
            I also get the same error in the HS log.

When I tried to access the XML menu as described by pcp using IE8 the xml does not list completely on my screen, but if I use view source I can see it in IE8. I guess I need to go through all my devices (350) to look for duplicate names. I am assuming it is the device name and not the devicecode I'll be looking for.

thanks,

Phil

Comment

Bump
              Best,

Comment

Names (devices, events) have to be unique per 'menu' branch in the XML tree (XML node). If you have any custom menus defined try to remove them.

But first look at the HS/plug-in error log. I believe an error message should mention the name of the duplicate device/event. Well it is actually in one of the earlier dialog; It tries to add a menu item called 'no name in config' twice. I have no idea where this could be coming from.

If I get some time over the weekend, I could build-in diagnostic/tracing code in a debug version for investigation purpose.

Comment

For diagnostic purposes, I created a debug version of the plug-in. If Debug mode is enabled, it will add entries to the log file as it builds the menu structure to be sent to the player. This should help us narrowing down the menu that creates a problem in your case.

To use, stop HS2, rename the existing plug-in named HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.dll to HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.dll.REL for example and copy the attached version into the HS2 installation directory. Start HS2, got to the SqueezeBox Configuration page and enable "Debug" and disable "Use HomeSeer Log" )to create a plug-in specific log file) and Save the changes. From a player navigate to the "HomeSeer - HS2 menus" and then edit the file hspi_squeezebox_debug.log. Search for the entry "SqueezeBoxMenus: Adding Custom Menus" ; this is the beginning of when it builds the menu. Hopefully you should see the device or event menu it is trying to add before you see the error / exception. Below is an example of error that you should see (Device 'TV Mode' exists twice with the same location):

PHP Code:
                  10/18/2009 10:38:21 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~SqueezeBoxMenusIncluding device TV Mode
                  /18/2009 10:38:21 AM...SqueezeBox Error~~!~~An unexpected error occured in the SlimServerXML GenPage() function/subroutine:  [System.ArgumentExceptionItem has already been addedKey in dictionary'TV Mode'  Key being added'TV Mode'

at System.Collections.SortedList.Add(Object keyObject value)

at HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.hspi_slimserver_xml.GenPage(Stringlnk)] 
                  The attached plug-in is a debug version and should not be used after you narrowed down and resolved the problem. Once resolved, delete to HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.dll and rename to HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.dll.REL to to HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.dll to restore the released version and disable the Debug mode for the plug-in.
                  Attached Files

Comment

ok i will test this
                    Originally posted by pcp View Post
                    For diagnostic purposes, I created a debug version of the plug-in. If Debug mode is enabled, it will add entries to the log file as it builds the menu structure to be sent to the player. This should help us narrowing down the menu that creates a problem in your case.

To use, stop HS2, rename the existing plug-in named HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.dll to HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.dll.REL for example and copy the attached version into the HS2 installation directory. Start HS2, got to the SqueezeBox Configuration page and enable "Debug" and disable "Use HomeSeer Log" )to create a plug-in specific log file) and Save the changes. From a player navigate to the "HomeSeer - HS2 menus" and then edit the file hspi_squeezebox_debug.log. Search for the entry "SqueezeBoxMenus: Adding Custom Menus" ; this is the beginning of when it builds the menu. Hopefully you should see the device or event menu it is trying to add before you see the error / exception. Below is an example of error that you should see (Device 'TV Mode' exists twice with the same location):

PHP Code:
                    10/18/2009 10:38:21 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~SqueezeBoxMenusIncluding device TV Mode
                    /18/2009 10:38:21 AM...SqueezeBox Error~~!~~An unexpected error occured in the SlimServerXML GenPage() function/subroutine:  [System.ArgumentExceptionItem has already been addedKey in dictionary'TV Mode'  Key being added'TV Mode'

at System.Collections.SortedList.Add(Object keyObject value)

at HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.hspi_slimserver_xml.GenPage(Stringlnk)] 
                    The attached plug-in is a debug version and should not be used after you narrowed down and resolved the problem. Once resolved, delete to HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.dll and rename to HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.dll.REL to to HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.dll to restore the released version and disable the Debug mode for the plug-in.
                    Best,

Comment

Also check that you do not use noen english characters in events or device names. If i remember correctly that was a problem for me once..

Comment

Working...
                      X