X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zee S2 and HSTouch Client Setup

Hi from France,
    I've just received a 2nd hand Zee S2;
    All's good locally when I access the box via its local adress.
    Now, I'd like to test the remote actions
    But I'm unable to remote access my box.
    Following STEP #2 (https://homeseer.com/guides/HomeTrol...rted-Guide.pdf

Welcome to the Homeseer forum Gillesa.

Step 1

Personally before starting anything I would contact Homeseer support relating to your purchase of a used Zee S2 in order to transfer old licensed user to your name.

This is a copy and paste ==>

HomeSeer License Transfer Request

If you've purchased a HomeSeer system from a registered HomeSeer user, you may request a transfer of the original software license to you. Once the license has been transferred, you'll be eligible to receive support and you'll qualify for upgrade pricing (when available). Please follow this procedure to transfer the license:

Submit the form below with the original license holder's information. *

An email will be sent automatically to the original license holder with the request to approve this transfer.

Once the transfer request has been approved, you'll need to pay a small license transfer fee ($20); a link will be sent to you to initiate this. Once the fee has been paid, the license will be transferred to you. .

AT THIS TIME, PLEASE EMAIL sales@homeseer.com TO REQUEST A LICENSE TRANSFER

* NOTE that at this time there is no license transfer form so just email sales to initiate process.

Step 2

Register you new Zee2 or

write a new image to a new microSD card.*

Ideally a fast 16Gb SD card.

You can get a new up to date image over here on Homeseer in this section:

Current downloads
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Haaaaa, Okay;
      So there is a piece of code in the image to prevent free transfert.... wised ;
      May be be it is also a security feature
      Anyway, Pete, thanks a lot for the reply.

Comment

So there is a piece of code in the image to prevent free transfer....

No there is not.

It is just the way that Homeseer is transferring a Zee-2 license from the old owner to the new owner.

The license transfer should occur with one email in a day or so.

That and maybe having the original owner also send an email to Homeseer relating to the transfer of license might speed things up a bit.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Gilles BILLARD View Post
          Haaaaa, Okay;
          So there is a piece of code in the image to prevent free transfert.... wised ;
          I don't think there is anything in code. You can use the used Zee without an issue. And if you haven't bought anything new from homeseer you might not know, but the license is setup with your email. You can email all your serials if lost and everything is stored in Homeseer servers under that serial. Same goes for plugins. The password for HomeSeer and plugins is usually your first inital and last name. So I can sale my hoemseer and plugins but if the next person ever looses the serials and password I can easy access it but not them since everything was setup under my homeseer account.

https://homeseer.com/licensing-issues/

Comment

@integlikewhoa
            Thanks for your return of experience.
            I have email a link to this topic to my seller; Hope he will understand what you say...
            But something curious is:
            He can remote acces to my installation
            He gave me his User Id & Pw
            but, with the same Id & Pw, I cant remote access my own installation.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilles BILLARD View Post
              But something curious is:
              He can remote acces to my installation
              He gave me his User Id & Pw
              but, with the same Id & Pw, I cant remote access my own installation.
              Something is wrong with this then. User ID and password for license is not the same as user id and password for remote connection.

User ID and password for registering the Zee is usually like a 5 digit number and then the users first intinal and last name.

but when you setup remote connection you go here.
              https://myhs.homeseer.com/Register

And you register using your email address and make a new password. I'm not sure what user and password you have from him but I would assume you only got the software registration and not the https://myhs.homeseer.com
              login.

I guess the 20.00 is kind of to help you remove all his login and email and stuff from the HomeSeer server records and replace it with yours to insure you are now the only one claiming ownership, have access and be able to use the update discount and such.

Kind of like buying a car, sure you can pay the man get your keys and drive away, but until the title is in your name you don't have proof its your and only yours.

Comment

Thanks to all for your advices.
                - We will ask HomeSeer to change owner email adress.
                - About remote connection problem: It was my fault; I did not note the "special character" located at the end of user password (a minus) that was the reason why my connection was rejected.
                All's good now :-))
                ++

Comment

Great news and welcome to the Homeseer forum!

Where about are you in France?

Here have family in Paris, Lyon and Hyeres (and some in Toulon).
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I'm located 45Km South of Paris.
                    HomeSeer seems to be a huge family.
                    I've posted another question https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...94#post1320394
                    Feel free to cooperate... ;-)
                    ++

Comment

Yes here cousin lives a bit south of La Defense. Very old house (he's been there about 30 years or so).

There are many users here from all parts of the world. Enjoy your visit. The forum is very active here. Ask your questions.
                      Last edited by Pete; August 22, 2017, 12:02 PM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                      X