No announcement yet.

Environment Canada Weather plugin - HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I launched the SCP server - screen cap attached.

Then I connected to it via SFTP at 127.0.0.1/22 to ensure I could see the certs via FTP. - screen cap attached - files visible in designated root.

Then I ran, in the Zee Linux command line
    sudo scp /entrust_l1k.cer /usr/share/ca-certificates

which, from my limited understanding, should be copying file entrust_l1k.cer into the target folder /usr/share/ca-certificates (only guessing that that's the correct target since there are others there)

But from the attached Zee screen shot, there's no results/response so I don't know what happened, other than from SFTP into Zee, could see that no such file was added.

Also tried
    sudo scp -v 192.168.15.52:/entrust_l1k.cer /usr/share/ca-certificates

using the IP of my laptop as source/WinSCP server machine but still nothing appears to have happened.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Otto-mation; January 5, 2018, 01:32 PM. Reason: added one more syntax variation attempt

Comment

If there's no feedback, not sure how to help further.

Comment

I had posted a Linux help request in another forum to try to catch some interest.
        https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...=1#post1343232

But it doesn't look like I'm going anywhere.
        However, I at least got the certs copied over to the Zee into the open /tmp folder.
        But can't copy them to /usr/share/ca-certificates/
        (and even then, I'm only assuming/guessing that that is the right folder).

Comment

HST sent me these commands:

mozroots --import --ask-remove
          mozroots --import --ask-remove --machine
          certmgr -ssl smtps://smtp.gmail.com:465

Can you try running them from the UI? You may need to prefix with sudo

Comment

Jesus-frickin'-murphy, Chris, it appears to be working!!!!!!!
            I'm going to go to bed tonight while hyper-ventillating with excitement to have your plugin back!
            HOLY COW!!!!!
            If I could moon-walk, I would!
            Much thanks!!!!

Pickering: Tatamagouche Moncton

Comment

Woohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgo View Post
                To configure, just add your ATOM feed (eg https://weather.gc.ca/rss/city/ab-52_e.xml) to the feeds page and use a unique prefix.
                What is the "prefix" box in the Plugin configuration? Sorry, I'm new here and don't mean to sound dense, but I'm not sure what the context is for the "prefix".

Cheers!

Comment

The EnvCan plugin will create a large number of "devices" in your Device List.
                  The plugin allows you to have more than one weather feed - I.e. Moncton, Toronto, Vancouver etc.
                  So when you want to differentiate between say, the Current Summary in Moncton vs. Toronto, that's where the comes in.
                  So for Toronto, I use "tor", "monc" for Moncton etc. etc.
                  One device will be named "monc-Current-Summary" and the other will be "tor_current-Summary"

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Otto-mation View Post
                    The EnvCan plugin will create a large number of "devices" in your Device List.
                    The plugin allows you to have more than one weather feed - I.e. Moncton, Toronto, Vancouver etc.
                    So when you want to differentiate between say, the Current Summary in Moncton vs. Toronto, that's where the comes in.
                    So for Toronto, I use "tor", "monc" for Moncton etc. etc.
                    One device will be named "monc-Current-Summary" and the other will be "tor_current-Summary"

Hope that helps.

Makes sense, I just couldn't find a context. Thanks.

Cheers!

Comment

Thanks so much for this plugin Christ! It works great!

Comment

Next High / Low or Low / High

Hi Chrisgo et all,

Curious if there is a preferred method for displaying the next logical High / Low temperature?

For example, in HStouch I want to display the Current temperature, and below, show the High and Low forecast.

What I realized was that depending on the time of day, would depend if the first forecast integer would be the High or Low from Forecast1, followed by either the Low or High from Forecast2.

I assume this change is decided at EC when the current conditions change from "today" to "tonight" - or perhaps some other logic.... and I see that the value that isn't active shows a "." (or integer 0).

What would be great is if there could be some more devices, called something like "Forecast1_temp" and "Forecast2_temp" (and I guess you could continue with all of them)... each would simply be the value of ForecastX_high or _low which ever isn't currently ".". I suppose there could be another set; ForecastX_hilo which would contain the string "high" or "low" relevant to if the related integer was taken from the "high" or "low" forecast.

I suspect I'll be writing a clunky script to make this possible - but thought I'd ask if others had thoughts on this!

Comment

FYI - I decided to use Easy Trigger instead of writing a script for now.

I created two new devices (Forecast1_temperature and Forecast2_temperature).

Then I have 4 events, 2 for each device. Essentially, if the string of ForecastX_Hi = ".", then make the value of ForecastX_temperature = ForecastX_Lo.... and the second event is the reverse.

Here's the example for #1:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Pretty straight forward way to handle it.
                            Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Does anyone know why the Environment Canada feed/plugin would sometimes replace an existing device/element with a new one?

Sometimes my Ref IDs no long reference a valid device and when I check the device list in Device Management, I find that that previous Device/Ref ID combination has been replaced with a new Device/Ref ID for that same element.

I.e.
                              I use "pck" as my device prefix.
                              So yesterday, pck-Current_Title was associated with Ref ID of 474
                              Today, pck-Current_Title has a Ref ID of 708.

So any of my events that refer to a Ref ID of 474 are no longer valid and any events that referred to pck-Current-Title are changed to "device unknown".
                              And I have to update my events with the new mapping.

Seems to occur intermittently.
                              Has anyone else encountered this?
                              Last edited by Otto-mation; May 17, 2018, 08:28 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Hi Otto-mation, I have not run into this, but I also only have one city I'm parsing. I'm wondering if you might have a duplicate in your device database, which may be invisible... maybe in HS Setup/Custom, check on "Show Device Reference Number on Device Management Page (for developers)"... then display every single device to see where those two reference ID's appear.

Just a thought, but perhaps you've already gone there.

Now I have a new question...

Has anyone noticed that the "feels like" temperature doesn't work now? I think it's because for the summer Environment Canada calls that field "humidex". Is there a method to correct this? For example right now in YOW, it says "26.7 feels like 26.7" - but when I look at the XML, I see there's a field called Humidex which has a value of 35 - and that would be the case tonight!

thanks,
                                Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X