Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just dowloaded and installed 3.0.0.29 and will start testing. I'll report back after running for a while.

Unless others are asking for the playlist thing, don't spend any time on it just for me. It would be nice but really not that big of a problem. Interestingly, I had gotten to where I seldom listened to music. Since getting the plugin and investing time in integrating it into my HSTouch app, I now listen lots more.

Thanks.

Comment

@spud

I realize that you don't have support for listening to podcasts, but I was wondering if the iTunes API gives you control over refreshing podcasts. In other words, can the plugin tell iTunes to refresh the podcasts?

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
        @spud

I realize that you don't have support for listening to podcasts, but I was wondering if the iTunes API gives you control over refreshing podcasts. In other words, can the plugin tell iTunes to refresh the podcasts?
        no sorry I don't know how to do that.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. It would have been nice but I think I can work on another solution.

Comment

A Queue for music

In the past, some plug-ins have had the ability to "add" songs to be played behind what was currently playing. Not sure if this is a feature request or this may already exist?

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
              In the past, some plug-ins have had the ability to "add" songs to be played behind what was currently playing. Not sure if this is a feature request or this may already exist?
              For iTunes - it looks like this is called, "up next" that is a queue. So - is it possible to add as a feature?

Comment

For iTunes - it looks like this is called, "up next" that is a queue. So - is it possible to add as a feature?
                I will see if I can add that feature, but where do you want this to be available? as an event action or in the player?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                  I will see if I can add that feature, but where do you want this to be available? as an event action or in the player?
                  I would think a perfect balance would be to have the queue visible in the player - where songs could be viewed, added to / deleted or whatever - then an event action such where making a selection would add it to the queue (If there were songs waiting), instead of instantly playing it.
                  If that could not be a default action - maybe a checkbox that could enable playing immediately - if checked - or add to queue if not.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	1194953

Comment

in version 3.0.0.32 available here I have added an "Add to queue" option for "Play Album" and "Play Artist" actions.

Name:	addtoqueue.png
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	1195199

Comment

Most excellent. I have downloaded & currently testing.
                      Thanks!

Comment

The feature works well, thanks! Now, if there were a way to view the queue ("Up Next list ") & the ability to use "Clear". See below where under certain conditions of adding Albums/songs, there are actually two "Clear" abilities.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	1195225

Every little bit helps! Any chance for this?

Comment

The feature works well, thanks! Now, if there were a way to view the queue ("Up Next list ") & the ability to use "Clear". See below where under certain conditions of adding Albums/songs, there are actually two "Clear" abilities.

[ATTACH]66529[/ATTACH]

Every little bit helps! Any chance for this?
                          In version 3.0.0.33 I haVe added a "Clear Queue" action.

I don't know how to get the content of the queue, so I can't add it for now.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                            In version 3.0.0.33 I haVe added a "Clear Queue" action.

I don't know how to get the content of the queue, so I can't add it for now.
                            Thanks, Spud!

Comment

Spud, just installed iTunes DAAP, nice. I am almost finally able to break away from my Roku Soundbrige with iTunes API.

Would it be possible for you to populate values/status for Artist and Album devices? I want to be able to check availability for the Artist/Album when issuing voice commands. Also it would be great to be able to launch playing just by selecting the Artist or Album from the device (just like you do for Playlist).

Thanks for considering!
                              -Ron

Comment

Hi Spud,

Today I use Airfoil running on a mac where I also have an iTunes registered to the iTunesDAAP plug-in of yours. While I can do a rest api call to the Indigo Domotics I have on said mac, to run an action group to set speakers on Airfoil, I was wondering since I have the Airplay (and perhaps buying the Chromecast plugin as well) I could select the speaker as well as the playlist or artist to be played? And even being able to cast it to a chromecast compatible device and or to an airplay device?

As you can see, I have plenty of airplay devices but no apparent compatibility with chromecast ones and I don't seem to find a way to automate speaker selection from events...

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 22.53.05.png
Views:	150
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	1392761

Kind Regards,

PP

Comment

Working...
                                X