Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Water Meters using dual HB Counter

Hello Michael,

I am having some issues getting the two reads from two water meters hooked up to a dual Hobby-Boards counter.

I have the dual counter hooked up to my Temp08. I have the Temp08 set for lightning. I am seeing two values in Temp08 (using a terminal). The Temp08 is the main device plugged into MCS Temperature. The first counter comes up fine. The second counter comes up briefly with the same device number as the first one. When I change it and assign it a DB value it gives me some errors and disappears.

Here are some pictures. I am not sure of the process to add the dual counter. I am not sure if I should be using the lightning sensor and I am wondering why the second device doesn't stick.
    Attached Files
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Originally the Temp0x supported only one DS2423 counter channel. but the software has been updated to handle two. I believe that it may be confused if you set the same type to both counters. Whichever one is connected to your water meter set the Type of sensor within mcsTemperature to a Water Meter to provide gallons per day readings. Dont confuse this with the sensor type assigned to the Temp08 which will always be lightning as this is the only form used to provide count per pulse.

Comment

Thank you Michael. Yes the main water meter is connected to one channel and the sprinkler system water meter is connected to the second channel of the Hobby Boards counter. I assumed it was set to lightning and that was what I set it to via the terminal when first plugging it in. I see the two values incrementing when running the sprinkler system. The main water meter has created two variables (gallons and rate) but haven't seen the sprinkler water meter yet (will wait until it runs thru one cylcle) Guess I was waiting for "instant" variable creation. (the age)....
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I looked at the code and saw at one time I had 2 counter supported, but now it was only one. I added the second one back with 5.16.3. The original design for the Temp05 allowed a device to be only of one device type. This was fine until the second counter was added for the Temp08. While both counters will now count, then cannot be setup to count the same type of thing. For your case you will need to make one a wattage counter to give you daily accumulations just like the water counter does daily. This awkwardness does not exits with xapmcs1wire.

Comment

Setting up with newest version with Temp08 worked but the plugin grabbed the second counter in the "real" lighting sensor first. I didn't even know there was a second counter on the sensor. I haven't ran the sprinkler system yet so the water meter on the setup hasn't counted much yet (other than my testing). I will try with the XapMCS1wire plugin next. I currently only have one 9097 running. Moving the XAPMCS1wire 9097 from com13 to com2 has alleviated weird "freezes" that I was having with the plugin. I only have the combo light, temp & humidity sensor on it so adding the dual counter will be easy.
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I connected the dual counter to a separate 9097 connected to COM1. Running the plugin as a second instance in a separate directory by itself (without HS running) it appears to be doing OK at this time. Ideally though I would like to move this over to Com port 13 or 16 or 18 instead of com port 1 which is my test analog port on the HS server.

BTW when I go to the Help link on the MCSTemperature plugin it HS Server tries to open a PDF file up. (I do not have Adobe Reader running on HS though and see the following screen)
            Attached Files
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Turned on sprinkler system to get two water meter counts. Attached pics show 1-wire console window and browser window - need a water rate icon..
              Attached Files
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
              X