Help! New error on startup...database error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! New error on startup...database error

Hopefully someone can help me with this one. I simply rebooted my machine today and this is what I got when it came back up. I've tried to use my backup database from yesterday, the day before that and from 2 days ago and get the same thing each time. All z-wave devices are missing!

Current Date/Time: 1/20/2016 1:37:34 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.217
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 5 Minutes 41 Seconds
    IP Address: 10.0.0.223
    Number of Devices: 163
    Number of Events: 0

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.23.0: BLBackup
    2.0.8.0: BLEmail
    2.0.5.0: BLGarbage
    2.0.24.0: BLGData
    1.0.63.0: BLLED
    2.0.49.0: BLLock
    2.0.7.0: BLLogMonitor
    2.0.83.0: BLRF
    2.0.40.0: BLSpeech
    2.0.5.0: BLTouchString
    2.0.18.0: BLTVGuide
    3.0.17.34288: Blue-Iris
    2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT
    0.0.0.20: Current Cost 3P
    1.0.5.0: Device History
    3.0.0.14: DirecTV
    3.0.0.21: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.91: HSTouch Server
    3.0.5.37: Insteon
    3.0.0.0: Log2Text
    3.0.0.16: Nest
    0.0.0.17: Pushover 3P
    1.0.0.11: Random
    1.0.0.2: Restart
    3.0.3.9: Tasker Plugin
    3.0.5579.15955: Ultra1Wire3
    3.0.5857.37252: UltraGCIR3
    3.0.5614.14045: UltraNetCam3
    3.0.1.54: Z-Wave
    Attached Files
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

You need to find whichever script plugin uses the database bturcotte.hsd, not sure I've seen it myself so do not think this is part of HS itself. I'd stop HS, move it out of the data directory and start HS again to see how it behaved.

Comment

That is my main HomeSeer database (.hsd) bturcotte is my name.

I completely removed it and I get the same error. The file doesn't even exist anymore, I would think the error would be different but it's not. Weird.
      Bryan
      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

All plugins are now disabled, bturcotte.hsd file removed...restarted and get the same error.

Also, rebooted computer. No difference.
        Bryan

Comment

Ok, created a new database and now the error is gone. But so are all my devices. So I know it's something wrong with my database which includes my backups since it didn't show up until I rebooted.

Now the question is, what tools are available to 'fix' a broken database? I know nothing about databases. One would think that Homeseer would have someway of looking at the database that they created...does it exist?
          Bryan

Comment

The Homeseer / Data / Backup folder has 10 backup copies of your database. Have you tried to substitute the most recent backup for your original?
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
              The Homeseer / Data / Backup folder has 10 backup copies of your database. Have you tried to substitute the most recent backup for your original?
              Thank you, I went through each of my daily backups inserting the 10 copies one by one until I found one that worked. Lost the few changes I made yesterday but 99.5% of my stuff is back working again.
              Bryan

Comment

Glad it's working again. Next step: install BLBackup and backup your entire HS folder on a regular basis.

After that, consider what else you really don't want to lose and back that up too. There are many easy-to-use options out there for making automatic backups.
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Well, I have BLBackup and use it every night. The problem didn't show it ugly head until I rebooted the system. The bad database was backup each night, leaving the backups useless. Had to go back a few days to find a good copy of the database. If I didn't reboot when I did I probably wouldn't of had a good copy to go back to since I keep my backups for 3 days. Going to switch to a 7 day schedule now.

Still strikes me funny that there is no easy way to go in and fix the database. I read a few places that people are using Access to see what's in the database but when I tried that today it said it couldn't read it.
                  Bryan

Comment

i can help you ,

i had this 1 year ago i solved it like this , read my topic here

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...58&postcount=3

regards

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
                    Well, I have BLBackup and use it every night. The problem didn't show it ugly head until I rebooted the system. The bad database was backup each night, leaving the backups useless. Had to go back a few days to find a good copy of the database. If I didn't reboot when I did I probably wouldn't of had a good copy to go back to since I keep my backups for 3 days. Going to switch to a 7 day schedule now.

Still strikes me funny that there is no easy way to go in and fix the database. I read a few places that people are using Access to see what's in the database but when I tried that today it said it couldn't read it.
                    Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                    Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
                      The problem didn't show it ugly head until I rebooted the system. The bad database was backup each night, leaving the backups useless. Had to go back a few days to find a good copy of the database. If I didn't reboot when I did I probably wouldn't of had a good copy to go back to since I keep my backups for 3 days. Going to switch to a 7 day schedule now.

I think HS3 uses SQLite. (A search of the board should resolve that issue and provide hints on how to fix it.)

I've gone to weekly backups of my HS folder, since the database is backed up by HS more frequently. I keep 8 copies (8 weeks) of backed up HS folders. Now I'm wondering if that's long enough. HS3 has been so stable, I seldom need to restart it.

Comment

Database corruption after reboot, unknown cause.

I had the same exact issue the other day. I rebooted windows after an update and then the main database wouldn't load.

Jan-16 22:52:07 Error Configuration database could not be opened: D:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\HomeSeerData.hsd
                        Jan-16 22:52:02 Warning Database failed to open, waiting then retrying...attempt to write a readonly database attempt to write a readonly database
                        Jan-16 22:51:56 Warning Database failed to open, waiting then retrying...attempt to write a readonly database attempt to write a readonly database
                        Jan-16 22:51:51 Warning Database failed to open, waiting then retrying...attempt to write a readonly database attempt to write a readonly database
                        Jan-16 22:51:46 Warning Database failed to open, waiting then retrying...attempt to write a readonly database attempt to write a readonly database
                        Jan-16 22:51:46 Database Opening (Mode=Read Only) up HomeSeer database D:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\HomeSeerData.hsd
                        Jan-16 22:51:46 Startup Database SAVE process started.

Luckily, I do separate backups of the whole system and was able to restore the previous night's database. After a reboot, all my devices and events came back. That wouldn't have been fun having to redo all those.

I'm just glad I rebooted before all my backups were corrupted. I still don't know what happened that caused the database to become corrupted.

I agree that a utility would be nice that you could run to try and repair the database or at least report on what happened to it.

Comment

Working...
                        X