Z-wave function stops with failed sending z-wave command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuart,

Where do I get HS version 2048? I only see references to HomeSeer 2 Release 2041.

Comment

No need to mod the inf, just do a upgrade under the device manger. the z-wave driver should be under universal serial bus controllers tab.

I think some other user on the board have had trouble doing the upgrade.
      you can do a search (Z-wave drivers) here on the board, which might help also.
      -Mike-

-Home automation powered by the wind and sun-
      Zotac 9300g-Q9400s-4gb ram-Intel 120 SSD-MS XP
      HS 2.5.0.20, BLlan,BLweather,MCSXap,Jon00 graphing,Jon00 Whois,Snevl/Ten WeatherAlerts
      W2c,Ztroller,z-wave+18,Q100D's,Silex 3000gb
      Zoneminder 1.24.2 - Ubuntu 11.04 x64 on top of Xenserve
      Zoneminder 1.24.2 - Ubuntu 11.04 x64 Zotac D525 atom

Comment

SeattleGirl5122,

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/hs2/

also installing the usb drivers, I just right clicked on the .inf file and clicked install.

Stuart

Comment

I applied the power management suggestion.

I installed the Adaptec AUA-2000 USB2connect Adapter. The adapter has a NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller.

The Homeseer Z-wave Interface is using 44 mA on the powered Hub.

I will attempt to install Homeseer version 2049, and the FTDI Ver. 3.01.04 Driver for the FTDI 232BM 339-1 Chip.

The amount of work and research that is needed to get this to work is ridiculous. This is not a ready product, but a hobby kit. I have real work to do.

Thanks to everyone for the help. I am really frustrated. I am a Biologist, not an EE.

Comment

SG,
            Just as a point of reference I installed the drivers and plugged in the Z-Wave USB adapter and have never had a problem. There have been countless users that have had trouble with this hardware though so I would recommend returning it and getting the serial based controller if you have a spare serial port.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Seattlegirl

This has been a problem for a lot of us, trying to get the USB controll to work right. Unfortunatly for some the only solution was to buy the serial controller.

sounds like you might have a bad controller.
              -Mike-

HS 2.5.0.20, BLlan,BLweather,MCSXap,Jon00 graphing,Jon00 Whois,Snevl/Ten WeatherAlerts

Comment

My boss has not gotten any response yet from tech support. He is going to call tomorrow because our deadline is fast approaching.

I have made the changes recommended, and it is running now. When I get back to the lab, I will let everyone know the results.

Comment

SG,
                  Are you guys testing this in 2 different locations and the non lab location is now working?

Comment

No,there is just one location. For security, there is no web access in the lab which is in another building 10 minutes away. If I say anything more than that, the men in black suits will cart me away.

I am only able to check the forum when I get back to my office.

Comment

Curious to know what change actually fixed it.
                      -Mike-

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleGirl5122
                        No,there is just one location. For security, there is no web access in the lab which is in another building 10 minutes away. If I say anything more than that, the men in black suits will cart me away.

I am only able to check the forum when I get back to my office.
                        So it's working yes?

Comment

No, it is still far from even being remotely usable.

I am trying to install the latest driver from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm for the FTDI 232BM 339-1 Chip.

You can download version Driver 1.06.20 from www.homeseer.com, but it is dated Sep 18 2003.

From FTDI, you can download Driver version 3.01.04 from Dec 15, 2005 which seems to address alot of issues that could be causing my problem.

When I tried to install this driver through the Device Manager>Universal Serial Bus Controllers>Homeseer Z-wave Controller and selected Update Driver, it said it was not the driver for the device.

I thought this would be a problem because the device ID did not match the ID in the inf file.

I was told that people here installed Driver version 3.01.04 from FTDI, but I don't know how they did it.

What are the exact steps taken to successfully install this driver?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
                            A couple of things to try. Connect the USB Interface to the MB USB port and do not share the port with any other devices. Turn off poling to all devices that you do not care or need to poll. This polling seems to be the root of many of the problems. Make sure your USB root hub > Power management tab is set to not allow the computer to turn this device off...

Lastly visit the USBMan site. Asus and several other MB manufacturers USB hardware is sub par. I had a problem until I bought a new PCI 4 port USB card and I haven't had a single Z-Wave error in the log in over a year.
                            What is the make and model of USB card did you buy?

Comment

Originally posted by zap
                              No need to mod the inf, just do a upgrade under the device manger. the z-wave driver should be under universal serial bus controllers tab.

I think some other user on the board have had trouble doing the upgrade.
                              you can do a search (Z-wave drivers) here on the board, which might help also.
                              I am trying to install the latest driver from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm for the FTDI 232BM 339-1 Chip.

You can download version Driver 1.06.20 from www.homeseer.com, but it is dated Sep 18 2003.

From FTDI, you can download Driver version 3.01.04 from Dec 15, 2005 which seems to address alot of issues that could be causing my problem.

When I tried to install the 3.01.04 driver through the Device Manager>Universal Serial Bus Controllers>Homeseer Z-wave Controller and selected Update Driver, it said it was not the driver for the device.

What are the exact steps taken to successfully install this driver?

I right clicked on the .inf file and clicked install, and it did not change the driver for Homeseer Z-wave Controller. The version remained the same.

I searched the forums for "3.01.04" and found nothing. I searched for "Z-wave drivers" and found too many hits. I can't find the references here about how people where able to install the FTDI driver.

Thanks again.

Comment

I use a card with the chipset marked opti 82c861 PCI to USB host adapter in the device manager. I'm not at home to check the brand name though. Here is an excellent guide for troubleshooting USB problems as well.

http://www.usbman.com/Guides/Upgrade...ufacturers.htm

Any of the recommended cards should do well. Most people do not realize it but most of the onboard USB devices cause a lot of problems as pointed out at usbman.com

Comment

Working...
                                X