Re-Read Panel Config

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-Read Panel Config

Is there a button to cause the plugin to re-read the Omni Panel config to pick up newly added devices/units/buttons, etc? I know I can disable and restart the plugin and that will probably do it. But the last time I did so all my devices became disabled and I had to set everything up again. Just wanted to check before I did that again.

Maybe add a "Refresh Panel Configuration" option button to the Panel Configuration screen for future?

Thats a good idea. In fact, when the plugin starts up, it takes quite a bit of time to poll the panel (the panel is VERY slow even though ethernet). I could probably add a 'refresh' option for each type of configuration - units, flags, buttons, etc.

I'll add it to the list.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      Thats a good idea. In fact, when the plugin starts up, it takes quite a bit of time to poll the panel (the panel is VERY slow even though ethernet). I could probably add a 'refresh' option for each type of configuration - units, flags, buttons, etc.

I'll add it to the list.
      Thanks Rob!

What about all the devices turning themselves off when the plugin is disabled and re-enabled. Is that normal expected behavior or a bug? I need to re-read the panel to pickup new devices/buttons I've added but I don't want to lose my current setup.

As long as you're in a giving mood how about an option to backup/restore all the HAI plugin settings like we have for the Homeseer config? Can't hurt to ask, right?

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
        Thanks Rob!

What about all the devices turning themselves off when the plugin is disabled and re-enabled. Is that normal expected behavior or a bug? I need to re-read the panel to pickup new devices/buttons I've added but I don't want to lose my current setup.

As long as you're in a giving mood how about an option to backup/restore all the HAI plugin settings like we have for the Homeseer config? Can't hurt to ask, right?
        I've not seen that. When the plugin starts up, it reads the *current* status of each device found. It doesnt go through and issue new commands to the devices to turn them off. Can you capture me a fresh log of this happening?

The plugin settings is a different beast. The units, flags, buttons, etc all store their data in PED, which is actually *inside* the HS device itself. There are a few INI settings, but the actual device configuration is in each device.

Comment

Rob,

This is the behavior that changed from I believe .23 or .24 of plugin. I skipped .24 and experienced at .25. The previous behavior was to say plugin starting, please refresh screen later. The new functionality shows the devices, thermostats, etc disabled. If you wait they will eventually enable and all is good. If, like me, you enable then you get duplicate devices and your config is messed up. I now backup every time I make a change!

I like the old behavior of not showing anything until the plugin is fully started, would love to see an update button if that would be faster functionality than stop/restart. If that is all the button would do I'm fine doing the stop/restart manually.

Comment

Gotcha - I will look at the changes on those versions and see what I can do...

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

I'll add it to the list.
              I don't mind using a single update button to update all the configurations, no matter how long it takes to read the panel. That way I can make sure I don't miss anything. Also, a "reading panel" and then a "completed" message or icon would be useful feedback on the page.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X