Concord 4 Keypad Display device wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concord 4 Keypad Display device wanted

The concord 4 plug-in is working like a champ and I've been able to tie-in arming the system with my Amazon echo as well as several other features I have thoroughly enjoyed. I am now moving on to HSTouch interfaces to use on the touchscreens I have around the house. In a nut shell, I'm looking to make a digital keypad for the alarm panel using HSTouch. I've got dynamic elements and things functioning which update the HSTouch display appropriately, but there is no element to reference the actual panel display. The plugin has a "Control" screen which shows a virtual keypad with the current display, so I think I can say with certainty that the plugin is receiving the live feed of keypads.

How do I make a devise whose status will be whatever is displayed on the Concord 4 keypad? With that device, I can then accomplish whatever else I need.

Or, is there another way to get that feed?

Originally posted by fran4383 View Post
    The concord 4 plug-in is working like a champ and I've been able to tie-in arming the system with my Amazon echo as well as several other features I have thoroughly enjoyed. I am now moving on to HSTouch interfaces to use on the touchscreens I have around the house. In a nut shell, I'm looking to make a digital keypad for the alarm panel using HSTouch. I've got dynamic elements and things functioning which update the HSTouch display appropriately, but there is no element to reference the actual panel display. The plugin has a "Control" screen which shows a virtual keypad with the current display, so I think I can say with certainty that the plugin is receiving the live feed of keypads.

How do I make a devise whose status will be whatever is displayed on the Concord 4 keypad? With that device, I can then accomplish whatever else I need.

Or, is there another way to get that feed?
    The keypad is internal to the PI, that is, when you click on a "key" it sends that specific keypad code to the Panel. There is no method currently to emulate that external (ie HStouch) to the PI, it would need to be either an HS3 device (one per key or one device that transmits the character to the PI) or a pluginFunction. The other (and easier to address by creating a new device to save the string to) issue would be to replicate the current display on the HStouch device but it is also not available currently.

Sending individual key codes to the panel is a bit problematic as inter- character timeouts becomes more of an issue when you have more device/applications inserted between the actual command and the panel itself.

I'd like to hear from others before I look at it too seriously.

Thanks,
    Z

Comment

Vasrc I totally understand what you mean when you mention the delay in sending multiple keystrokes via a third party source. The delay the panel experiences receiving them would usually end up as a timeout on the panel. Also with the dual use of certain panel keys you could end up arming the panel while thinking you were carrying out some other function.

The single keystroke arm/disarm/quick arm and quiet arm function basically covers all my remote requirements on HSTouch. If I need to do any remote housekeeping I just load a web page from a browser and launch the virtual browser.

A virtual keypad would possibly look good on a HSTouch screen but would it have any real practical use.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
        Vasrc I totally understand what you mean when you mention the delay in sending multiple keystrokes via a third party source. The delay the panel experiences receiving them would usually end up as a timeout on the panel. Also with the dual use of certain panel keys you could end up arming the panel while thinking you were carrying out some other function.

The single keystroke arm/disarm/quick arm and quiet arm function basically covers all my remote requirements on HSTouch. If I need to do any remote housekeeping I just load a web page from a browser and launch the virtual browser.

A virtual keypad would possibly look good on a HSTouch screen but would it have any real practical use.
        Thanks for the input.

I could see an HS3 device to hold the string value of the display. That might be helpful I suppose for a HStouch display. And if there's any specific keypad command(s) that are not already available (not sure what though), I could possibly provide those as well

Z

Comment

Personally I think you have all the most important and frequently used commands covered. I'm assuming the OP just wants the virtual keypad to appear on their HSTouch screen and use it in a similar way to the way it can be used via a web page. Any other scenarios can be covered with Events which can be run either automatically or manually from the Events menu in HSTouch.

Comment

I'm actually more interested in the display, also a clear command (equivalent to hitting just * on a keypad). That would cover most reasons to want a virtual keypad. Any chance?

Comment

I'm actually more interested in the display, also a clear command (equivalent to hitting just * on a keypad). That would cover most reasons to want a virtual keypad. Any chance?
              OK, I added it, it wasn't difficult. New Concord device string value will contain the latest keypad message (it's pretty quick).
              Also added hs.PluginFunction to send keypad cmds. If you enter multiple characters delimited by commas it will send them all sequentially with a 1 sec intercharacter delay. Needs simple script (HStouch may be able to do it as a cmd) if using an Event (ie no Action added)

I'm still working on a timing bug, so I won't be releasing it publicly for a while still. If you'd like to test it, PM me your email and I'll give you a dropbox link.

Z

Comment

Just messaged you.

Comment

Did you make any further progress on this. Have you come up with a working version yet.

Comment

Vas, I haven't quite played with the button presses yet, but I have play with the keypad display device. It works great so far, including the "*" which appears when the system is not "normal" (ie a zone required for arming is faulted). That was important. I do want to ask if you can modify the display to add a /n or a space or something in between the date and the time. In the device list it shows up perfect with a /n or something after the date. However, in HS Touch Designer the /n is ignored, so the date runs into the time (For example, my current display in HSTouch is "*MON JUNE 2602:56 PM P1"). Also, if you can get rid of the "P1" partition that'd be great, really not that big of a deal.

I hope to play with sending characters here tonight.....

Comment

Vas, I haven't quite played with the button presses yet, but I have play with the keypad display device. It works great so far, including the "*" which appears when the system is not "normal" (ie a zone required for arming is faulted). That was important. I do want to ask if you can modify the display to add a /n or a space or something in between the date and the time. In the device list it shows up perfect with a /n or something after the date. However, in HS Touch Designer the /n is ignored, so the date runs into the time (For example, my current display in HSTouch is "*MON JUNE 2602:56 PM P1"). Also, if you can get rid of the "P1" partition that'd be great, really not that big of a deal.

I hope to play with sending characters here tonight.....
                      It's already sending a CR (0x0D) character between the date/time, so it's an issue with HS3Touch.

Z

Comment

vasrc is there any chance of getting a copy of this virtual keypad for HSTouch. I wanted to test it on HS3 beta .334 now that the HST plugin has been integrated into the main body of the HS3 application. The HSTouch client is running a lot faster as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post

OK, I added it, it wasn't difficult. New Concord device string value will contain the latest keypad message (it's pretty quick).
                          Also added hs.PluginFunction to send keypad cmds. If you enter multiple characters delimited by commas it will send them all sequentially with a 1 sec intercharacter delay. Needs simple script (HStouch may be able to do it as a cmd) if using an Event (ie no Action added)

I'm still working on a timing bug, so I won't be releasing it publicly for a while still. If you'd like to test it, PM me your email and I'll give you a dropbox link.

Z
                          How do you send the * command from HSTouch?

Comment

You could create an event or a Virtual Device that would send that character to to the panel. Say the Virtual Device was called Asterix. If Asterix is On send * to the security panel then Turn Off. Once you turn on Asterix the * is sent to the panel.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
                              You could create an event or a Virtual Device that would send that character to to the panel. Say the Virtual Device was called Asterix. If Asterix is On send * to the security panel then Turn Off. Once you turn on Asterix the * is sent to the panel.
                              I'm new to Homeseer, How do I send the * to the panel? I have the virtual device created I know how to create events. Just not the actual script/command to send it.

Comment

Working...
                              X