configuration lost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

configuration lost?

I am testing the PI using a Uno with an Ethernet board sitting on top and all has been working well until I restarted HS. My configuration has the 2 outputs I am using inverted to interface with a relay board (active low). I also deleted the graphic controls I don't need, so only 'ON" and 'OFF' appear on the Device Manager Screen . Both the 'inverted' status for the outputs, and the changes to the graphics were deleted on HS restart. I looked around and could not find the config file that would store these settings.

Current Date/Time: 9/28/2017 11:32:45 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 1 Hour 11 Minutes 22 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.200
    Number of Devices: 199
    Number of Events: 158
    Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
    1.0.0.131: Arduino Plugin
    3.1.1.24385: Blue-Iris
    3.0.6.2: Insteon Thermostat
    3.0.6.0: Insteon
    1.0.0.5: Restart
    3.1.0.2: Sonos

Originally posted by field888 View Post
    I am testing the PI using a Uno with an Ethernet board sitting on top and all has been working well until I restarted HS. My configuration has the 2 outputs I am using inverted to interface with a relay board (active low). I also deleted the graphic controls I don't need, so only 'ON" and 'OFF' appear on the Device Manager Screen . Both the 'inverted' status for the outputs, and the changes to the graphics were deleted on HS restart. I looked around and could not find the config file that would store these settings.

Current Date/Time: 9/28/2017 11:32:45 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 1 Hour 11 Minutes 22 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.200
    Number of Devices: 199
    Number of Events: 158
    Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
    1.0.0.131: Arduino Plugin
    3.1.1.24385: Blue-Iris
    3.0.6.2: Insteon Thermostat
    3.0.6.0: Insteon
    1.0.0.5: Restart
    3.1.0.2: Sonos
    This is a problem in the plug-in. Try 1.0.0.144 from the beta section as I think Greig fixed this. Be aware that this new version needs a new sketch and uses Arduino IDE V1.8.1.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Randy, thanks for the quick reply. I'm hoping Greig weighs in on this as I have 6 days on the trial and this is a mission critical item for me since I am using the PI to take care of issues which may require a restart from a remote location.

Comment

Originally posted by field888 View Post
        Randy, thanks for the quick reply. I'm hoping Greig weighs in on this as I have 6 days on the trial and this is a mission critical item for me since I am using the PI to take care of issues which may require a restart from a remote location.
        I understand. Also, there is no config file, the information is stored in the HS devices.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Yes the problem is you deleted the device values. You can set up your own graphics if you require but the output device needs to have all of the values as when the plugin restarts it checks for them and creates them as they were an upgrade from another version.
          I have looked in to many ways to do this without changing the custom values and you are only the second user to report this so I have not changed this yet. Can I ask why you removed them is it just to remove them from the device manager page?
          For the moment until I fix this can you leave the device values and just invert the device outputs using the invert output function on the output device config page.

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Greig

Read your note with interest and the challenge it presents :-) I'm leaving all of the devices as default and just inverting stuff..

All working well....

Pete
            HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Greig,
              Taking Randy's advice before I saw your reply, I installed v1.0.0.142 beta but I now see that wouldn't have helped anyway. Too impatient, I am. Yes, I removed the graphics so they weren't on the device page. I did not want to inadvertently use one of those buttons. Not a big deal, really.
              As far a the inverted state of the output, my concern is that if the board becomes disconnected/comm loss, the output would turn off. Initial testing last night shows that there is no change of state on comm loss, so then I have no problems.

Comment

Did you think about just hiding the devices?

Robert
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Can't hide the device, I need the ON/OFF.

Comment

Right... got ya.
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
                    X