Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After playing a little with the regular expression I found it was sometimes easier to find the pattern of interest rather than finding the part that was to be replaced. I provided a checkbox option to select Extract mode (checked) vs. the Replace mode (unchecked). 3.0.7.0 http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_3_0_7_0.zip is backward compatible with 3.0.6.x. The manual has been updated and contains a page of examples.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      The manual has been updated and contains a page of examples.
      Hate to sound ignorant :-) and look in all the wrong places, where is the updated manual ? The enclosed PDF is dated 12th December 2017.....

Pete
      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

At the top of the thread is the link to the pdf file. I uploaded again now just to be certain.

Comment

Hi,

just installing your plugin to test with MQTT json weather data.

Some initial wrinkles are that:

1. In the 'Release Info' link in the HS installer the message board link points to your xAP thread and not this one;

2. On a RPi running HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.399 the installer fails with the following error in the log:
          Updater Error Unable to open install.txt file for update \usr\local\HomeSeer\Updates3\mcsMQTT3.0.0.0

Looking at that the slashes are win \ rather than Linux /

Comment

Thank You for the feedback. I have been working with Tyler at HST to try to get the updater setup for mcsXap and mcsMQTT. I suspect that CES has had priority the past week or so as it has been silent.

Are you able to get it installed manually?

Comment

Michael/All,
              I love all your plugins. I start to see lot of topics about your new plugin. Mloebl is helping me on another post https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=193054. Unfortunately I need some extra guidance from all of you if possible. Right now I have a JSON that is outputting on the screen where I see my meter reading. Would it be possible to integrate it in your plugin? I read your documentation, unfortunately I could not find any example on how to use MQTT. I'm starting from zero here.

Thanks,
              Aldo

Comment

I took a quick look at the referenced thread and see the script that reads JSON and then publishes to MQTT. It is not clear to me what you are trying to achieve, but assuming that you want to take what Mloebl has done and have the data show up in HS3 then mcsMQTT could be used for this purpose. What I did not see was how Mloebl was using the info published on MQTT.

To run MQTT you need to install Mosquito (do google search). RPi is what I used. Windows can also be used. Mosquito is much like an xAP hub in the xAP world where it routes messages. The script that Mloebl posted would send it on LAN using MQTT protocol. Mosquito would resend it. mcsMQTT would see it and put the data into HS3 devices.

While MQTT is an good communication standard for this purpose, if you only will only have this one use, then it would be a shorter path to use the HS3 API to store the data into HS3 devices directly (Script->HS3) rather than using the (Script->MQTT->LAN->MQTT->HS3) routing. Setting up MQTT is easy and well documented on the web. It does provide segue to many other IOT devices. As a side note mcsMQTT does decode JSON into multiple HS3 devices so transmitting the original data from your sensor may be all that you will need.

Comment

As always Michael, thank you. What I try to accomplish at this point almost impossible is to read a JSON file that is located on another machine and import it into a 1) ideal mysql or 2) in HS3. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
                  Aldo

Comment

Since your objective to store data in mySQL then it seems the most direct way to accomplish it is to connect to your database via script and execute the SQL statement that stores a new record in that database. If you are staring with a python script that decodes the JSON data then it seems that the statements that send MQTT would be replaced with statements that do the mySQL activity. I am not a python user, but a google search brings up an example such as https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...base-in-python I use vb.net in a few applications that publish the mySQL so I provide that syntax if it helps.

If you want to go the MQTT route then I can help there as well. That requires that you install mosquitto on one of your computers and mcsMQTT on the HS3 computer. The script that Mloebl posted I would expect to be the front end for whatever approach you take.

Comment

Thank You for the feedback. I have been working with Tyler at HST to try to get the updater setup for mcsXap and mcsMQTT. I suspect that CES has had priority the past week or so as it has been silent.

Are you able to get it installed manually?
                      Thanks, yes I have installed it manually using the file locations from install.txt - seems to come up

Just RTFM at the moment.

Comment

Just saw this on my Adafruit thought you folks might be interested in. PI powered epaper display with MQTT pushed messages. https://jsutton.co.uk/eink-mqtt-status/

Comment

It is a nice idea for a persistent display. I cannot think of a use I have at this time.

What I am looking for is a small tablet type display with scroll capability such as a Fire that runs an application that does nothing more than display a log received via Wifi. I collect fault information in a central location and have a Windows tray application that I can pop up to observe, but often I forget to look so adequate attention is not given. If the display was always visible then it would be more likely to be seen. I could do smartphone notifications, but immediate attention is often not needed and could be annoying. I have dabbled into doing some Android application, but never really caught onto being effective in that environment, but if something was shrink-wrapped then it would be great.

Comment

Michael,

I started getting this message today on 2 topics that I was previously receiving just fine. Any Ideas?

ProcessMessage ElectricMeter/CurrentSummationDelivered=4.076 Line 0 Value was either too large or too small for an Int32. Service Version: NO_VERSION

Comment

That appeals to the ocd sysadmin in me lol. Honestly my end goal is ambient displays. Simple and aesthetic in different rooms that can push to me what I neeed and offer slight interactivity for things like completing tasks etc, playing media and whatnot. Thinking magic mirror...

Comment

It is a nice idea for a persistent display. I cannot think of a use I have at this time.

What I am looking for is a small tablet type display with scroll capability such as a Fire that runs an application that does nothing more than display a log received via Wifi. I collect fault information in a central location and have a Windows tray application that I can pop up to observe, but often I forget to look so adequate attention is not given. If the display was always visible then it would be more likely to be seen. I could do smartphone notifications, but immediate attention is often not needed and could be annoying. I have dabbled into doing some Android application, but never really caught onto being effective in that environment, but if something was shrink-wrapped then it would be great.

Hi Michael,

A new user once posted a question here : https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=192984 Can this apply to this post (#102)

Or even this app : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tdash&hl=en_GB

The developer says it's for advanced users only and won't offer no help. I tried it and found it complicated and you cant change the size of icons (made for small screens).

Thanks man for the good work.

Eman.
                                TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
                                X