Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does TTS with Squeezebox Plugin not work on HS6 running HS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am confused by this as I can control everything with the plugin for music but can't have voice pushed, even when doing LMS:client name. I am not sure how the frequency can affect this but not music. Can you explain better as to why you think this isn't working for me?

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
      I am confused by this as I can control everything with the plugin for music but can't have voice pushed, even when doing LMS:client name. I am not sure how the frequency can affect this but not music. Can you explain better as to why you think this isn't working for me?

The thread in this post is about the speech not playing properly on lms under certain conditions. I believe this is related to the mp3 file created for some voices and when streamed to lms it does not support/recognize that format. Per tests above it works with an lms recognizable mo3 file (when streamed). Open question is what voice (and its characteristics) are used by the users when it does not work.

The question about 'voice pushed' might be a different. Can you provide an example of what you use to 'voice pushed'. Is it an action, script, other? What is the speech volume setting for the pplYer where you want to play the TTS? Also what are the TTs settings of the plugin? Screenshots would do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
        The thread in this post is about the speech not playing properly on lms under certain conditions. I believe this is related to the mp3 file created for some voices and when streamed to lms it does not support/recognize that format. Per tests above it works with an lms recognizable mo3 file (when streamed). Open question is what voice (and its characteristics) are used by the users when it does not work.

The question about 'voice pushed' might be a different. Can you provide an example of what you use to 'voice pushed'. Is it an action, script, other? What is the speech volume setting for the pplYer where you want to play the TTS? Also what are the TTs settings of the plugin? Screenshots would do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Maybe I am still confused, but I thought everyone on this thread was having the same problem as me. Creating an HS event for Speak and using LMS:Client Name as the device to speak the alert is not working. You see that the client tries (music stops and you see the MP3 created), but no speech is ever heard.

Is this not the issue everyone has been discussing on this thread??

Comment

You see that the client tries (music stops and you see the MP3 created), but no speech is ever heard.

Is this not the issue everyone has been discussing on this thread??
          With this info yes it is the same. Have you tried streaming the mp3 file I posted earlier? Which voice are you using (and do you have others to try)? Can you check the characteristics of the wav & mp3 file and how it compares to what I showed in dialog #19? Thanks

Comment

Agreed. This is the same issue I have always had with this plug in. This has been the case whether I have used the built-in voice for MS Windows or the extra 22KHz voice from IVONA.

It will create a file that the web page in HS3 for this plug in shows is being played by the client. However, no audio is actually played by the client. After some time, the client goes back to playing whatever else it was playing.

I don't want to run or create scripts to have the PI execute the event's speak-to function. This is why I purchase specialized plugins. With limited time, I need turnkey functionality.

What I've noticed is that in the event configuration, where you specify a specific client, I never see any of the streaming clients listed. The only time I have ever been able to get the PI to try to send something to the clients is to ham fist the command script in to the command console as described in earlier posts as a troubleshooting exercise.

What do I want in simple terms?
            1. Accurate documentation without any syntax errors in the script examples that will work.
            AND/OR
            2. Click through functionality that just works with a stock setup that doesn't require any tweaking or documentation.

I am happy to help with getting this to work as much as I can, but I have a pretty stock set up here when it comes to any OS configurations. It is an official HS6 Hometroller from HS. I've already purchased two copies of this PI specifically for the TTS. Neither works, and I am apparently not alone.

I can't get any support or answers to my questions, so I can't really help troubleshoot. The following will be around the fourth time I have asked the following:

&hs.Speak "hello, test, test, one, two, three", False, hometroller:*

I now get:

<TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-04 13:50:02 </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>Error </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Running script(2) &hs.Speak "hello, test, test, one, two, three", False, hometroller:*, init error: Syntax error </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-04 13:50:02 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>System </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.Speak "hello, test, test, one, two, three", False, hometroller:* </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

What is a character by character example of a script that should work given the information I have posted? I have yet to have an answer to this. Don't cite your documentation, please. I have already shown that it has errors in the script examples.

Thank you,
            Raymond

Comment

Originally posted by rhardcore View Post

Code:
              &hs.Speak "hello, test, test, one, two, three", False, hometroller:*
              Hi Raymond,

The syntax for the hs.speak command is documented in the HS Help File:

http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...edia_speak.htm.

So for your example, it should be:

Code:
              &hs.Speak "hello, test, test, one, two, three", False, "hometroller:*"
              For the LMS plugin to speak, you need to specify the Speech Client name that you have configured under the Squeezebox Plugin - Configuration - Speak Proxy plugin. If you have that set as hometoller then the command above should speak through the plugin (barring any other issues). If you have that field configured with something else, then you need so substitute hometroller with that. For events, only HS Speaker Clients will show up in the list. For speech clients that are configured using other speech proxies such as the Squeezebox plugin, you need to manually type them in using the same syntax for the client as in the hs.speak command.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
              Al
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                For events, only HS Speaker Clients will show up in the list. For speech clients that are configured using other speech proxies such as the Squeezebox plugin, you need to manually type them in using the same syntax for the client as in the hs.speak command.
                Thank you very much for the reply. Interesting. So, if I don't specify anything, HS3 will play through all the 'normal' (read: non-PI instantiated) speech clients. If I do the advanced option, I can add the particular LMS client. This is very different than what is described in the PI official support documentation, hence my confusion:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	1183255
                </O
                I was really hoping for the functionality called out in the first line his table. Is that not possible with how HS3 works?

Also, I just thought of something. In my case, before this plug in I already had speech clients populated in the "Edit Speaker Client list" menu like:

hometroller:IPHONE
                hometroller:OFFICE 1
                etc.

Now, if I specified the SB PI for the living room in this dialog box it would look like:

hometroller:living room

How does HS3 know that "living room" exists as an extension of the PI and isn't just a currently not visible 'normal' speech client of HS3? How does it know the difference? Does the LMS server instance need to have a different name than the HS3 instance?

Thanks!
                Raymond

Comment

Thank you very much for the reply. Interesting. So, if I don't specify anything, HS3 will play through all the 'normal' (read: non-PI instantiated) speech clients. If I do the advanced option, I can add the particular LMS client. This is very different than what is described in the PI official support documentation, hence my confusion:

</O
                  I was really hoping for the functionality called out in the first line his table. Is that not possible with how HS3 works?

Also, I just thought of something. In my case, before this plug in I already had speech clients populated in the "Edit Speaker Client list" menu like:

hometroller:IPHONE
                  hometroller:OFFICE 1
                  etc.

Now, if I specified the SB PI for the living room in this dialog box it would look like:

hometroller:living room

How does HS3 know that "living room" exists as an extension of the PI and isn't just a currently not visible 'normal' speech client of HS3? How does it know the difference? Does the LMS server instance need to have a different name than the HS3 instance?

Thanks!
                  Raymond
                  It does work the way the table shows, but looks like the quotations are missing around the speech clients. I would try changing the squeezebox speech proxy name to something else as a test. It probably does confuse the system if your regular speech clients are named the same. Try it using "LMS" or something like that.

Cheers
                  Al

Comment

So just so I am clear...
                    If the SB PI is configured correctly, and everything is working as intended, then not selecting any particular clients in the event should have all the built in 'normal' clients as well as those existing via the SB PI speaking the TTS?

Thanks,
                    Raymond

Comment

So just so I am clear...
                      If the SB PI is configured correctly, and everything is working as intended, then not selecting any particular clients in the event should have all the built in 'normal' clients as well as those existing via the SB PI speaking the TTS?

Thanks,
                      Raymond
                      Hi Raymond, that is my understanding, but I don't have any regular speaker clients setup, so can't test it myself. If it doesn't work, you could try manually adding *:* to the speech clients in the event.

Cheers
                      Al

Comment

So I just tried again. BTW, I've serialized the name of my HS3 server and LMS instance. They both still have the same name; which is now HS311441. Here is the log activity for the latest attempt. I never saw any updates to the player area. It just keeps playing the song I've told it to.

<TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:52 </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Exiting speechTimer_Elapsed </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:52 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Exiting SpeakOutNextInQueue. New status: stopped. PendingSpeechTrackEnd: False </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:52 </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>StopSpeechTimer. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:52 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Entering DisableSpeaking </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:52 </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>SpeakOutNextInQueue - Stopped. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:52 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Entering SpeakOutNextInQueue. Status: stopping. PendingSpeechTrackEnd: False </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:52 </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Entering speechTimer_Elapsed </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Exiting speechTimer_Elapsed </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Exiting SpeakOutNextInQueue. New status: stopping. PendingSpeechTrackEnd: False </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>StartSpeechTimer. Duration: 0:1:0 (1000) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>SpeakOutNextInQueue - Stopping. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>SpeakOutNextInQueue - Deleting TTS URLs. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Entering SpeakOutNextInQueue. Status: started. PendingSpeechTrackEnd: False </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Entering speechTimer_Elapsed </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Exiting speechTimer_Elapsed </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Exiting SpeakOutNextInQueue. New status: started. PendingSpeechTrackEnd: False </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>StartSpeechTimer. Duration: 0:0:5 (5) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Entering SpeakProxyUpdateDevices </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>TTS </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Speak: (HS311441:livingroom):hello, New Test for Al </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>SpeakOutNextInQueue - No LMS player as Client Speaker. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>SpeakOutNextInQueue - Added URLs: </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>SpeakOutNextInQueue - SpeakProxy. Remaining Queue Length: 0 SpeakerClient: HS311441 Host: HS311441:livingroom Text: hello, New Test for Al </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Entering SpeakOutNextInQueue. Status: starting. PendingSpeechTrackEnd: False </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Entering speechTimer_Elapsed </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Exiting speechTimer_Elapsed </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Exiting SpeakOutNextInQueue. New status: starting. PendingSpeechTrackEnd: False </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>StartSpeechTimer. Duration: 0:0:8 (8) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Entering EnableSpeaking, Client: HS311441:livingroom </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>SpeakOutNextInQueue - Starting. Queue Length: 1 SpeechAudioEnabled: False SpeakerClient: HS311441 Speak Host: HS311441:livingroom </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Entering SpeakOutNextInQueue. Status: stopped. PendingSpeechTrackEnd: False </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Entering speechTimer_Elapsed </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Exiting SpeakIn. Queue Length: 1 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>StartSpeechTimer. Duration: 0:0:4 (4) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Entering SpeakProxyUpdateDevices </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri0 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD> <TD class=LogEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Entering SpeakIn host: HS311441:livingroom, device: 100, Text: hello, New Test for Al , Enabled: True </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Feb-10 22:31:51 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>System </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.Speak "hello, New Test for Al", False, "HS311441:livingroom" </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

No files are being created in the C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\Squeezebox directory.

They are again. I accidentally had the speak volume set to zero. Everything else is the same, as the original posts, though.
                          Last edited by rhardcore; February 10, 2016, 10:59 PM.

Comment

It is supposed to work that way but it doesn't. It will create the speech file and if you take the url that gets created in the LMS server and put it into a web browser it plays just fine. But it does not play thru the player.

Comment

No files are being created in the C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\Squeezebox directory

Look in the media folder. I think they get put there. I will try to mess with this tonight too.

Comment

Here are the files that are being created by my system. mediaFiles.zip It looks like my instance of LMS is not configured to play wav files, but it plays mp3's just fine. It just won't play them when told to play them by the LMS server. Maybe I should just make a video of what I am seeing?

mp3 plays fine to the clients if I drop it into the LMS media folder. It does not play fine if told to stream it from the web URL of the SB PI.

edit: LMS plays some .wav files just fine, including this very hifi version of a Muse song, linked for troubleshooting purposes. It doesn't play the wav files being created by this PI, though.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6b...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
                                X