• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you install HSTouch?

How did you install HSTouch?

Thanks

Comment

The easiest way is to use the browser on the Relay and just download it from the Homeseer website and the install it after you download it.
      John

Comment

Details here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost.php?p=1280318&postcount=4

Comment

Took a little work but finally have mine up and running with HSTouch as well. Still the basic screens. Guess I need to try and tackle Designer. Using Stringify works pretty well. I tried with IFTTT as I use it but it doesn't seem to offer as many options as Stringify (and IFTTT is not as fast just from the little I've spent playing with Stringify tonight)

Comment

Finally got my Wink Relay up and working, Big thanks to everyone's contribution on this thread, especially John!!

As you can see from my location I'm down under in Australia. Wink relays are not supposed to work here as they are rated for the US market, after some Googling I found that the power supply can handle our 240v, and upon receipt I dismantled my wallbox section and verified this, internal components are rated for 480v and it produces a nice 5v supply to power the electronics with 240v input. The relays are 240v rated. So anybody in Europe, or Australia don't be shy to jump in and get one.

I considered going on the MQTT route initially, but after getting hung up compiling the android build, I gave up and went for the Stringify system, in hindsight I think it's a better option as the manual switches will always operate regardless of wifi or internet. In the MQTT version I understand the MQTT server takes on the role of operating the switches via messages.

All the initial steps went reasonably smooth for me thanks to the detailed instructions provided, I did however get severely hung up on the Stringify reply on status. After abandoning the project overnight I returned with a fresh approach in the morning. Only to find that my JSON port was blocked by my router. I began using my regular HS Port number, which was incorrect.
            A trap for young players as they say.

After getting things working I found a nice little app called Auto Start, which can start the Wink app and then the HSTouch app after a predefined delay (I used 20sec) and it works fine. After restoring power HSTOUCH is up on screen with Wink running in the background.

Comment

@BeePee thank for the information and I gather you are saying straight out-of-the-box, that Wink is AU compatible.

I would be interest in installing Home Remote; especially given that integrates with HS and has a designer to customise screen layout.

May I ask where did you buy the Wink Relay from?

Comment

brientim, Yes that's correct, the wink will work in Aus straight out of the box.

I was prepared to migrate the innards of a small apple style usb charger into it, but found it was unnecessary. There are also reports from individuals who have been running them for several years on 240v.

I purchased mine on Amazon, but the shop who ships internationally is out of stock now. I just purchased another on ebay.

...B

Comment

I notice in my Wink mobile app there is a new firmware to download.
                  Version 1.0.602 Is this safe to update without breaking any upgraded features??

Thanks

...B

Comment

I noticed the same thing but have not updated yet.

John

Comment

Are you actually able to update it? I don't know if it's because it's rooted or what, but I tried with one of my relays and wink thinks it's updating but it doesn't. I tried to initiate the update from the wink app to no avail. The wink screen went turn off and the app says it's updating until I finally give up and restart the relay. Looks like no more wink updated, which might be ok.

Comment

Following up on the Wink Relay, I finally installed the MQTT wink-handler posted at github here: https://github.com/mjg59/wink-relay-handler

The newest version allows for turning the screen on and off, getting sensor feedback for temperature, humidity, and proximity, as well as controlling/reporting the relay states for the two switches.

Had to reset to factory default to replace the Wink software, but after doing that it was fairly easy. The software works as stated and after a few iterations of adjusting the proximity sensor sensitivity I'm pretty happy with this. Had to reinstall HSTouch as well, but this went smoothly.

With this I no longer have to rely on external sites to control the relays directly. I'm using the basic MQTT plugin posted on the forums. Haven't configured much with MQTT yet, but that seems pretty straightforward.

Total changes - MQTT plugin, Windows Mosquitto broker, and Wink Relay software update.

Now everything is LAN controlled.

Comment

Hi mterry63

Now that stringify has closed shop, I need to do similar to your post above. Could you go through some more detail of your process as I get stuck on the -

as root. Remount /system read-write:
                          mount -o rw,remount /system Command, my wink does not allow the mount. so i'm stuck at that point.

Regards

Comment

Is your wink rooted?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, I reset to factory and then used king root.

Comment

Maybe you can post the output of the error you receive?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X