Aeon Labs ZW095 single device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon Labs ZW095 single device

Can you hook up an Aeon Labs ZW095 on a single device (furnace) and get readings? It comes with two clamps, one is connected to one side of the Line, I assume Phase 1, and the other is on the other side Phase 2, and there were arrows on the clamps Phase 1 is coming in, and Phase 2 is going out. I do not know power that well. I just assume there was a reason for the arrows on the clamps and the instructions said to do it that way. So the question is, what happens if you put both clamps on the Furnace wire? Will it just give you the readings on the one item? I assume so, but i'm not sure.

I can't get it to monitor the Furnace. Any ideas on why that would be? I tried double looping, but still nothing. I'm guessing none of the plugin type monitors would be robust enough to handle a furnace? Although, it's gas, so it's only the blower motor in play. I would like to know when the 2nd stage kicks in what other options are there? Some kind of contact switch which can detect the stage 2 wire being energized with 24v? Ideas??

Comment

If it is able to handle a 200-amp main, it should certain be able to handle the blower motor on a furnace. I have two of these which work very well - though I have never tried to use them in this manner.

In your case, you might want to consider something like the Aeotec 40 amp smart switch / energy monitor. This is a wire in appliance, so if you are not comfortable with electrical work I would definitely recommend having a qualified professional do the work for you.

Comment

I'm thinking it's not sensitive enough to monitor the single blower motor. That's all I can come up with. Maybe if I had an electric heating element it would draw enough power to get a reading.

Comment

So I ordered one of the smart switches, but can't get it to work. I found this wiring diagram which appears to show the neutral connecting to the L2 positions instead of the actual Neutral positions. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...ring-diagrams-

Comment

I guess I was the Guinea Pig on this one. It works connected L1 and Neutral on L2.

Comment

Working...
            X