HA-Bridge - EU/UK direct control of devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
    I guess you can't add more than 1 hub at atime to the Harmony. I will have to remove the one I have now and add the new one. I think I can use the hue proxy stuff in ha-bridge to still keep my hue devices on the harmony.
    Hmmm I guess that makes sense (and I don't own any real hue hub). Why would any normal person need more then one hue hub in a house. Not that we are normal though.

Comment

I guess you can't add more than 1 hub at atime to the Harmony. I will have to remove the one I have now and add the new one. I think I can use the hue proxy stuff in ha-bridge to still keep my hue devices on the harmony.
      Still a no go. I'm not sure exactly how come it's nto working. The Alexa picked it up immediately, but the Harmony app seems to not want to pick it up

Comment

Still a no go. I'm not sure exactly how come it's nto working. The Alexa picked it up immediately, but the Harmony app seems to not want to pick it up
        Ok, so my remote needed a firmware update and after that, it found it really fast...LOL Thanks! I won't get time to play with it now though since I wasted so much time getting it set up. Maybe tonight after the kids go to bed

BTW, does it add lights automatically to the harmony as you ad them to the hub?

Edit: Also, is there a way for 2 way communication? I would like the harmony to keep in sync with homeseer.

Comment

Ok, so my remote needed a firmware update and after that, it found it really fast...LOL Thanks! I won't get time to play with it now though since I wasted so much time getting it set up. Maybe tonight after the kids go to bed

BTW, does it add lights automatically to the harmony as you ad them to the hub?

Edit: Also, is there a way for 2 way communication? I would like the harmony to keep in sync with homeseer.
          Yes My lights update themselves as I add them except for ECHO. I need to discover east time.

The do use 2 way communication but my remote doesn't have a screen and I think I remember people saying its not so accurate. Not sure if that was fixed or what the issue is with that.

Comment

Ok...Last post for tonight. It appears you can update the status in the bridge without sending the command out. From the looks of it though, it looks like you need to be "linked" to the hub emulator to do it. I'll have to research this. I've been looking for an idea for a plugin to write, so maybe I can do this:

A Plugin that allows you to "link" homeseer devices to the ha-bridge. To start it would be merely to create and maintain the status of devices in the ha-bridge with a linked device in homeseer. It could also allow for easier creation of other bridge devices like ones for events, etc, but I would likely just start for keeping the status updated.

It would be really nice if I could find a way to have the plugin run the bridge itself and configure it, but that might be a lot of reverse engineering for not a lot of benefit (except that it could all be managed via homeseer).

Comment

Ok...Last post for tonight. It appears you can update the status in the bridge without sending the command out. From the looks of it though, it looks like you need to be "linked" to the hub emulator to do it. I'll have to research this. I've been looking for an idea for a plugin to write, so maybe I can do this:

A Plugin that allows you to "link" homeseer devices to the ha-bridge. To start it would be merely to create and maintain the status of devices in the ha-bridge with a linked device in homeseer. It could also allow for easier creation of other bridge devices like ones for events, etc, but I would likely just start for keeping the status updated.

It would be really nice if I could find a way to have the plugin run the bridge itself and configure it, but that might be a lot of reverse engineering for not a lot of benefit (except that it could all be managed via homeseer).
              I know you have no control over this and this is only looking at it from a user side (not dev) but this really should be packaged into the Harmony plugin. To give you more control then whats currently in the plugin. By the way that current plugin is struggling and is down with a fix coming maybe this weekend due to Harmony changing login authentication protocalls. The HA-Bridge was updated already for this problem and is working now but the HomeSeer Plugin for Harmony has not been. Only existing tokens (old installs) are working with no new ones working yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                After running Java -version from CMD what should happen, it takes me to the windows java folder!

In other words I am not getting the bridge to work
                If your on windows I'm pretty sure you already have java install or you can install it from java.com

Also the instructions were tailored for linux like it says in his post. Running from windows will be much easier doesnt require any cmd promps, batch files or anything for basic operation. If you had conflitcing ports or issues with the default settings you could run a custom batch to start it on another port, but if you are able to run on the defaults atleast for the first time, once you get into the web ui you could chnage the defaults from the web UI (which is much easier for some people) rather then a manual startup command.

All you really need to do on windows is double click or run the HA-Bridge java file. Before you do that I would make a folder and place it in the directory of your choice but thats really just to keep things clean.

After that it should be running and you need to open a web UI and either use.
                http://localhost:8080
                or
                your severs IP followed by :8080
                to open the web ui for the Ha Bridge.

If your sever is already using port 80 or 8080 for some other type of system then you'll need to change that default port to one of your choice. This can be a bit more difficult since can;t even get to the web ui in the first place. you need to either start up using a custom script for change the default port or shut down the other system that is using 80 or 8080 temporary while you get in once then change the port on this to another of your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Furious View Post
                  Hi all,
                  after the recent myHS outage, some bright spark (integlikewhoa) suggested that we can use HA bridge to run a nice little jar locally on our servers to basically act as a gateway for our collective echoes and have direct control instead of the usual "tell homeseer to do x".

To spread the wealth, here's some quick and dirty instructions to get started on windows, please feel free to add any comments or suggestions, especially need something straightforward for linux users.

All the below assumes you've already installed java, and have it in the system path.
                  To confirm, run from a command prompt:
                  java -version
                  After running Java -version from CMD what should happen, it takes me to the windows java folder!

sigpic
                  A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post

Attached is what I get when I type in "Java -version" (without quotes) in a command line.

Edit: This is what you "should" see.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys,

re-installed Java and HA-Bridge works.

Just got to figure out how to get it speaking to HS3.
                      sigpic
                      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Anyone get this to work on Google Home? I tried and the "Home" app couldn't find neither ha-bridge nor my actual Hue Hub.

Edit: The Google Home got unplugged (probably by a kid...LOL). Gonna try with it plugged in.

Comment

Anyone get this to work on Google Home? I tried and the "Home" app couldn't find neither ha-bridge nor my actual Hue Hub.

Edit: The Google Home got unplugged (probably by a kid...LOL). Gonna try with it plugged in.
                          Nope. still didn't work. I unplugged my actual Hue Hub (Because I have no way of knowing which one it picked up) and after clicking pair, it never does anything. Since the lack of a "Link button", I can't press it (though I realize that ha-bridge is supposed to simulate this)

Comment

Yes this works with google home, but it has to be on port 80 for google home.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                              Yes this works with google home, but it has to be on port 80 for google home.
                              wow..that stinks. I don't think I can do that (I think something else is using port 80 on my server). I guess I will have to see if I can wait until I get a dedicated low power machine for it (not a high priority since the server will remain running anyways).

Comment

Also you can find alot more info in the this 148 page thread on this bridge.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.p...html#msg300665

Post 2186 on page 146.

If you read threw you will see people are using it on google home and tons of people are using it on ECHO. I know you have changed your ports around and its confirmed you can't do that with Google Home. Echo I'm not sure but your problems are probley somewhere related in your setup for some reason or another.

Comment

Working...
                                X