Strange issue with unlock in the morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange issue with unlock in the morning

I am using Tasker through Homeseer on a Kindle Fire that is not rooted. I send a Screen Lock command to the unit each night at bedtime. Then in the morning I send an unlock to it.

This was working fine until about a week ago. Now, when it is locked, all commands are being ignored until I manually hit the power button on the Kindle. After hitting the power button, the commands work.

For example, this morning I sent about 10 commands to it while testing. When I hit the power button and swiped up to unlock the unit, the commands flooded in one after another.

Also, after this, I can send a lock command to the unit, and unlock it just fine.

Its as if it goes into some deeper lock state when left over night?

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
    I am using Tasker through Homeseer on a Kindle Fire that is not rooted. I send a Screen Lock command to the unit each night at bedtime. Then in the morning I send an unlock to it.

This was working fine until about a week ago. Now, when it is locked, all commands are being ignored until I manually hit the power button on the Kindle. After hitting the power button, the commands work.

For example, this morning I sent about 10 commands to it while testing. When I hit the power button and swiped up to unlock the unit, the commands flooded in one after another.

Also, after this, I can send a lock command to the unit, and unlock it just fine.

Its as if it goes into some deeper lock state when left over night?

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks.
    Hi Simon,
    I'm in your same situation: kindle no rooted and I send a message (autoremote) to unlock screen.
    I have a relays that power the tablet, after some time, if I don't unlock, the screen switch off. Sending a command flash or notification, the screen return on (all works correctly).

I think that your problem could be related on WIFI lost connection. You can activate tasker log and see if the unlock screen command arrive to tasker.

I have downloaded "keep my wifi on" app. As the name explain, this application keep wifi connection on during the screen off.
    Tray this solution...

A little help for me: what command do you send to unlock screen? I'm able only to activate screen (sending a flash or notification), HST starts in background but I need to swipe the screen in order to see HST screen. My kindle is advertisements free.

Thanks

Cris

Comment

Thanks, I will try that. I am afraid I don't have a solution for the unlock issue. I have to swipe up after sending the unlock command.

I am only doing this as I have this unit in the bedroom and I want it to shutdown at night so it doesn't generate any light.

I am thinking of moving the kindle to another location in the house where I don't need to shut it down and mounting an iPad in the bedroom when I can get more control.

I assumed that at some point a root would be delivered for the latest Kindle versions but it has been well over 6 months and nothing has transpired.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
        I assumed that at some point a root would be delivered for the latest Kindle versions but it has been well over 6 months and nothing has transpired.

Comment

I haven't tested it fully, but I think I have figured out my problem. When creating a lock off event in Tasker it puts up a warning that you should issue a System Lock command after the unlock otherwise it creates issues.

I never did this because it seemed that this warning was directed at people who have rooted their Kindle. So I went ahead and added the System Lock command to the lock off task and it seems to work.

Of course, as I am not rooted, so it is bringing up the lock screen and I still have to swipe up to bring it to the control screen.

The addition of the wifi wakeup app and this additional command seemed to do the trick.

I think the kindle is a great (cheap) way to add touchscreens around the house. For most locations you can turn on developer mode and leave it permanently unlocked. The only reason I am locking this particular unit is because it is in my bedroom. And without locking, it puts out too much light even when dimmed to brightness 0. So I have homeseer lock it when I go to bed and the unlock it when we get up.

If you figure out how to root the latest version please post!

Comment

Working...
          X