X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin Weird Errors -> 2GB Log File

Hey Spud-

tldr: ecobee plugin inop until i deleted 2GB log file... working now

I came home today and my thermostat was on hold... however HS3 is supposed to do a resume program when I enter the house. My HS log is full of all kinds of ecobee errors. The plugin is receiving updates from the thermostats just fine (current temp, equpmt status), but I could not send anything to it. I have a huge laundry list of errors that were in my log. I tried a bunch of troubleshooting steps including installing the latest update, recycling the plugin and also re-doing the verification thing on the ecobee website. Before I rebooted my ZeeS2 (on mono 4.5.1) I wanted to grab the HS and ecobee logs. That's when I found out my ecobee log is 2GB. I downloaded it, but none of my text editors would open it. (NP++, wordpad, notepad, Word...) I deleted the log off the Zee and lo and behold the plugin is responding just fine now. So... I've had your log running on the debug level for several months now. Should I not do that? Should the log take care of itself? Finally, if you want my log, you'll have to teach me to do bittorrent because my file is (not exaggerating...) 5,000 times bigger than the forum software claims to allow for a txt file.

Anyhow, thanks for the great plugins and the wonderful support.

Thanks,
    Jon

xxxZeeS2V2:~ $ mono -V
    Mono JIT compiler version 4.5.1 (master/9db20c4 Fri May 13 15:41:42 EDT 2016)

HS3 System Profile:

Current Date/Time: 12/16/2017 10:56:26 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.368
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 7 Days 4 Hours 4 Minutes 46 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.131
    Number of Devices: 174
    Number of Events: 87
    Available Threads: 161

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.20: Ecobee
    3.0.0.39: EnvisaLink
    3.0.1.77: Z-Wave
    Last edited by B1Trash; December 17, 2017, 12:02 AM. Reason: bad math

Hmmm... although things seem to be running now, I'm still getting a consistent error message:
    Code:
    Date/Time	        Type/Error	Message/Source[COLOR="Red"]
    Dec-17 16:01:43	        Ecobee	        ERROR The call failed for an unknown reason.
    Dec-17 16:01:41	        Ecobee	        ERROR The call failed for an unknown reason.
    Dec-17 16:01:39	        Ecobee	        ERROR The call failed for an unknown reason.
    Dec-17 15:57:41	        Ecobee	        ERROR The call failed for an unknown reason.
    Dec-17 15:57:40	        Ecobee	        ERROR The call failed for an unknown reason.
    Dec-17 15:57:39	        Ecobee	        ERROR The call failed for an unknown reason.
    Dec-17 15:53:43	        Ecobee	        ERROR The call failed for an unknown reason.
    Dec-17 15:53:42	        Ecobee	        ERROR The call failed for an unknown reason.
    . And so forth
    [/COLOR]
    It seems to be dropping three of them every four minutes...

I also have this guy:
    Code:
    Date/Time	        Type/Error	Message/Source[COLOR="Red"]
    Dec-17 14:34:23	        Ecobee	        ERROR Error: SecureChannelFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.)[/COLOR]
    I'll PM my new ecobee log.

Thanks for your help Spud!

Comment

hmm, that's strange..
      do you still have the "The call failed for an unknown reason" error? I don't see it in the logs you sent.

Comment

Hi Spud-

Yes, I am still getting the messages... here's what's in my HS log right now:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture Error Log.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	1194452

I'll send you another plugin log.

Thank you so much!
        Merry Christmas.

-Jon

Comment

Here's the HS log without any of the "call" messages back to the 16th... I reset the authorization on the plugin that night.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture Error Log no call.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	1194454

Comment

Spud-

Do you have any idea why these messages are appearing? I'm getting ~45 of them per hour. Please let me know if there's anything more I can send your way.

Thanks,
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by B1Trash View Post
              Spud-

Do you have any idea why these messages are appearing? I'm getting ~45 of them per hour. Please let me know if there's anything more I can send your way.

Thanks,
              Jon
              sorry for the delay, I'm on vacation until January 9th.
              I don't know what could be causing this, this may be related to the version of Mono you are using but it's strange that the error is not consistent, and not always the same.
              These errors started to appear after the log file problem? or did you have them before?

Comment

Comment

thermostat online
                  4:01:26 call fail
                  4:01:28 call fail
                  4:01:30 call fail
                  4:01:30 thermostat offline
                  4:04:18 temperatures set
                  4:04:18 thermostat online
                  4:05:26 call fail
                  4:05:28 call fail
                  4:05:30 call fail
                  4:05:30 thermostat offline

And so forth...

Comment

Hi Spud-

I hope you're having a wonderful vacation. I rebooted the zee the other day and the log errors went away. However, after rebooting it today they are back. I set up a counter to log the messages and it sat at zero until I rebooted the controller. Now it's going back up again. Anyway, I hope this can help.

Thanks!
                    Jon

Comment

Ok, it turns out that the reason my errors went away is because HS stopped communicating with the thermostats. I re-did the validation process... had to do it twice and now all is fine. I'm not sure what is going on. If you want the logs to look at, please let me know. Otherwise consider this problem solved.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                      X