Discussions related to HS3 Beta build 3.0.0.449

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New HStouch issues?

Two times during the weekend, HS3 stopped accepting new HStouch connections. Disabling/enabling HStouch fixed the issue (and also gave a 10 MB drop in the memory usage).

But I'd rather that HS3 didn't have this issue...

I noticed that one of my clients is on version .33. Does it matter?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

@Rich

Any suggestions (outside of rebooting or restarting HS3) to get the ssl web server running again?

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
      Starting to have issues with .445.

Memory usage is creeping up. It started at about 42k for private working and 30 for shared working for a total of 72k. It stayed each day I have been checking it and it bounces but was going up overall just a little each day.

Today it is at 100 private and 60 shared for a total of 160k. And it is climbing fast.

Other issue is my SSL is down. I have been using SSL without issue but tonight I cannot get in. All browsers say it cannot reach the server, it took to long to load.

This is in the log:

Jun-17 16:23:07 Error Authenticating SSL stream: Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream.

I have to go on the local machine and get in on non-ssl to access the system.

Michael
      HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
      Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
      BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

DB Update problem

I was trying to migrate my system to a new machine from Windows to Linux last night and I thought I had an issue with one of my plugins (Vera) but I don't think I do as it works perfectly in Windows. So I decided to replicate testing today after sleep.

Test System:
        Linux: Ubuntu 18.04 Server
        HS3 Version .435

Install and setup and configure of Vera plugin all works perfect. No problems. Add devices, delete devices everything works.

I update the system to .445

Shutdown HS3
        Untar .445
        Start HS3

Old devices still present so I delete them to start with my plugin testing. Just to be sure things are clean I restart HS3. The old devices are back??? I delete them again and restart HS3 again. The devices are back. Over and over again. The deleted devices keep returning which tells me the DB is not being updated.

But... the problem is timing. The new DB update interval takes longer to save changes to the DB and it is not saving on shutdown. I waited after deleting the devices and literally just before I hit enter to shutdown I got a DB message but that was several minutes and if I had hit enter a second sooner then it would have been the same thing over and over again.

Comment

Updated to 449 from 435 today... it WIPED ALL MY LICENSE INFO from HS3 and ALL Plugins. WTF?

Rich! ... how about giving us a one-click license backup/restore method?

Comment

Have to love Windows Installer! I updated a few systems and it was ok, so something odd with your system and the installer replaced your license file for some reason.

When installing Betas ALWAYS backup your HS3 folder. If you don't do that your system could get messed up, we do limited testing on betas.

The license info is stored in the licenses.bin file in the HS config folder, settings are in the settings.ini file, so all you need to do is at least back up that file. If you have windows file history enabled, you can right click on the file and get an older version.

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
            Updated to 449 from 435 today... it WIPED ALL MY LICENSE INFO from HS3 and ALL Plugins. WTF?

Rich! ... how about giving us a one-click license backup/restore method?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              Have to love Windows Installer! I updated a few systems and it was ok, so something odd with your system and the installer replaced your license file for some reason.

When installing Betas ALWAYS backup your HS3 folder. If you don't do that your system could get messed up, we do limited testing on betas.

The license info is stored in the licenses.bin file in the HS config folder, settings are in the settings.ini file, so all you need to do is at least back up that file. If you have windows file history enabled, you can right click on the file and get an older version.

Got the old file license back - and things are fine. This is another UX issue... 'normal' customers/users wont know, or want to know, to do this manual work. You don't have a auto-backup/restore provision to protect upgrades from messing up things. If you plan to try to go main stream, a fail safe / fail back, method will be necessary.
              ... if you are not trying to make HS3 more user friendly let me know and I'll stop pointing out critical (barrier to adoption and support nightmares) the HS3 UX gaps.

Comment

Got the old file license back - and things are fine. This is another UX issue... 'normal' customers/users wont know, or want to know, to do this manual work. You don't have a auto-backup/restore provision to protect upgrades from messing up things. If you plan to try to go main stream, a fail safe / fail back, method will be necessary.
                ... if you are not trying to make HS3 more user friendly let me know and I'll stop pointing out critical (barrier to adoption and support nightmares) the HS3 UX gaps.
                As with most beta testing, beta testers are advised to have a rock solid backup to fall back on and where possible not to beta test on a critical live system. Not always possible I know but be prepared to do quite a bit of manual adjusting to your system as the developer takes this opportunity to introduce elements into their application that may well break your system and may never find their way into a final release.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
                  As with most beta testing, beta testers are advised to have a rock solid backup to fall back on and where possible not to beta test on a critical live system. Not always possible I know but be prepared to do quite a bit of manual adjusting to your system as the developer takes this opportunity to introduce elements into their application that may well break your system and may never find their way into a final release.

Great advice if this was 2010. Its 2018... we live in a DevOps world. Beta is not longer 'at your own risk' and beta in production is the norm. Case in point... if I want a critical feature to work (RGBW control in Lightify plugin) then I MUST install a beta of the plugin and a beta of HS3.

HS3 is FAR from user friendly in most regards... that needs to change. These things are not difficult to put into the code. I'm a crappy coder and I could do it. If HS3 ever hopes to stay alive it needs to find its way out of the 90s' way of doing things. Music was great back then, computer apps we not.

Comment

Great advice if this was 2010. Its 2018... we live in a DevOps world. Beta is not longer 'at your own risk' and beta in production is the norm. Case in point... if I want a critical feature to work (RGBW control in Lightify plugin) then I MUST install a beta of the plugin and a beta of HS3.

HS3 is FAR from user friendly in most regards... that needs to change. These things are not difficult to put into the code. I'm a crappy coder and I could do it. If HS3 ever hopes to stay alive it needs to find its way out of the 90s' way of doing things. Music was great back then, computer apps we not.
                    Speaking of music the words of a famous Rolling Stones song just sprung mind............You Can't Always Get What You want. Of course as they say Good Things Come To Those Who Wait.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
                      Speaking of music the words of a famous Rolling Stones song just sprung mind............You Can't Always Get What You want. Of course as they say Good Things Come To Those Who Wait.
                      Savvy and successful business people never use quotes like those. And they don't run thier business ideals with them

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you run any Microsoft product these days you are a beta tester weather you want to be or not. I run windows 7 in a virtual machine to support a couple programs and the last "update" removed my auto login feature, the licensing for my media center master program and somehow my network sharing settings.
                        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Savvy and successful business people never use quotes like those. And they don't run thier business ideals with them

Well I must be the exception so

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                            If you run any Microsoft product these days you are a beta tester weather you want to be or not. I run windows 7 in a virtual machine to support a couple programs and the last "update" removed my auto login feature, the licensing for my media center master program and somehow my network sharing settings.
                            Given that one up a long time ago. Can't imagine paying for the privilege of being anyone's guinea pig. I will say HS3 does have a RC of HS3 that any paid customer is free to use. Outside of that if you choose to beta test you do it at your own risk. Fairly simple I'd say,

Comment

You must not be running any Microsoft products then. As a multi billion dollar company they SUCK at all of what you are complaining about. They make changes all the time without telling you what they are and there is no way to back them out or fix them if they are broken.

Comment

Originally posted by bdickhaus View Post
                                You must not be running any Microsoft products then. As a multi billion dollar company they SUCK at all of what you are complaining about. They make changes all the time without telling you what they are and there is no way to back them out or fix them if they are broken.
                                I'll assume you are an expert at all the software products Microsoft make.

But I don't see how they are relevant to anything I mentioned.

I use beta software all the time... Never bothers me. What I said is that the Homeseer software is stuck in the 90s way of doing things. It's a far cry from recent design principles both in function and UX.

Comment

Working...
                                X