Z-Seer+ Now Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Seer +

I have just installed the latest version for multiple networks, and I ran it for both of my Z-Nets.

My first Z-Net has 43 nodes all fully optimized with good or excellent communication, Z-Seer only found 3 nodes.

My 2nd Z-Net has 34 nodes all fully optimized with good or excellent communication, Z-Seer only found 5 nodes.

Is Z-Seer working properly, or am I doing something incorrectly?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
      I have just installed the latest version for multiple networks, and I ran it for both of my Z-Nets.

My first Z-Net has 43 nodes all fully optimized with good or excellent communication, Z-Seer only found 3 nodes.

My 2nd Z-Net has 34 nodes all fully optimized with good or excellent communication, Z-Seer only found 5 nodes.

Is Z-Seer working properly, or am I doing something incorrectly?
      It works fine for me. Can you post a screen shot. You sure its not just hidden?
      Are you on the latest z-wave plugin version also?

Comment

Do you mean hidden in ZSeer or Homeseer?

Yes, I always stay on the latest plugins...I'm on 131

Never mind, I just ran it again to take a screen shot, and noticed the very last log message.

Trial version only shows 4 devices max...woops, I will enter my HS3 license.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackpost View Post
          Is there a way to adjust font size, the device info is not usable...
          Do you have your PC's system fonts set to "LARGE" or are you scaling things up? I assume that's what is going on in your case.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hmmm ... I am on 3.0.0.40 with a licence. Running on Windows 10 and connecting to a HomeTroller SEL/SmartStick+. Z-Wave plugin is 3.0.1.131

Problem is I am not seeing the Actions part of the interface at the bottom of the application window. Only Device Details are showing.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Andrew

Comment

Is it a bug or is it me? Groups and Z-Seer.

I have so many z-wave devices that I have painstakingly put them into groups (using @Jon00's excellent helper utility).

Now, none of the grouped z-wave devices show up in Z-Seer.
              Only the ungrouped interfaces show up!

This is either a bug (grouped status should not interfere with z-wave topology) or maybe something I'm missing at my end. Whether a z-wave device is in a group or not should make no difference to z-seer behaviour -- and the z-wave plugin still sees all my devices just fine.

Please advise.

Comment

Not sure what you mean by "groups"? Did you just use one of the locations for groups? Can you post a screen shot of your device management page?

Originally posted by skavan View Post
                I have so many z-wave devices that I have painstakingly put them into groups (using @Jon00's excellent helper utility).

Now, none of the grouped z-wave devices show up in Z-Seer.
                Only the ungrouped interfaces show up!

This is either a bug (grouped status should not interfere with z-wave topology) or maybe something I'm missing at my end. Whether a z-wave device is in a group or not should make no difference to z-seer behaviour -- and the z-wave plugin still sees all my devices just fine.

Please advise.

Comment

Groups of Devices -- with a parent.
                  See attached.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, you are doing something you are not suppose to do! Device parents are the parent for one physical Z-Wave device. You are grouping multiple physical devices under one parent. This really breaks a lot of stuff and I would not do that. I cannot put in a fix to support it with Z-Seer. You should the device location to group your devices together. What we do at times is use location 2 as a category and location 1 as a room. This organizes devices pretty well.

Groups of Devices -- with a parent.
                    See attached.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      Hmm, you are doing something you are not suppose to do! Device parents are the parent for one physical Z-Wave device. You are grouping multiple physical devices under one parent. This really breaks a lot of stuff and I would not do that. I cannot put in a fix to support it with Z-Seer. You should the device location to group your devices together. What we do at times is use location 2 as a category and location 1 as a room. This organizes devices pretty well.
                      That's a shame. I have been using HS for years, and now, in my new smarthome with hundreds of devices, the lack of tagging options is my single biggest buggaboo. I only resorted to Groups because they do a nice job of just that Grouping devices. There are just not enough slots to store metadata and then use that metadata for device management and scripting.

My personal wishlist is:
                      1. A few user defined fields that can store metadata for each device
                      2. A tree view that can go Category>Room>UserDefined or UserDefined>Room>Category and so on.
                      3. devices grouped in a GUI group with an expand/contract icon [just like I wrongly did -- but with the ability to expand and contract]. When you have large numbers of complex devices (receivers, tv's, sonos) and hundreds of z-wave devices, management and navigation becomes really, really, painful.

Right now, for example, I have resorted to using the notes field to store a delimited set of metadata that I use with my own custom Alexa Skill (so that when I say, Alexa, "turn on the bedside lights", it knows that the Alexa is in Bedroom 1 and there are two bedside lights in Bedroom 1 and it does its thing. So in my notes field I have Bedroom 1|Bedside Lamp. My Lambda loads all the devices and reads the field, handles the location stuff and then barks commands at all the devices with matching tags. It would be so much easier if there were 10 (or n) user defined fields for stuffing Tags into.

The core of homeseer is stupendously good...but a few little things like the above would make a huge huge difference.

Comment

We are working on some changes to make organizing easier.

Note that we did add a "Voice Command" field to the devices so you can enter your custom voice command for any device, and Alexa uses this. Might help with what you are doing with Alexa.

That's a shame. I have been using HS for years, and now, in my new smarthome with hundreds of devices, the lack of tagging options is my single biggest buggaboo. I only resorted to Groups because they do a nice job of just that Grouping devices. There are just not enough slots to store metadata and then use that metadata for device management and scripting.

My personal wishlist is:
                        1. A few user defined fields that can store metadata for each device
                        2. A tree view that can go Category>Room>UserDefined or UserDefined>Room>Category and so on.
                        3. devices grouped in a GUI group with an expand/contract icon [just like I wrongly did -- but with the ability to expand and contract]. When you have large numbers of complex devices (receivers, tv's, sonos) and hundreds of z-wave devices, management and navigation becomes really, really, painful.

Right now, for example, I have resorted to using the notes field to store a delimited set of metadata that I use with my own custom Alexa Skill (so that when I say, Alexa, "turn on the bedside lights", it knows that the Alexa is in Bedroom 1 and there are two bedside lights in Bedroom 1 and it does its thing. So in my notes field I have Bedroom 1|Bedside Lamp. My Lambda loads all the devices and reads the field, handles the location stuff and then barks commands at all the devices with matching tags. It would be so much easier if there were 10 (or n) user defined fields for stuffing Tags into.

The core of homeseer is stupendously good...but a few little things like the above would make a huge huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          We are working on some changes to make organizing easier.

Note that we did add a "Voice Command" field to the devices so you can enter your custom voice command for any device, and Alexa uses this. Might help with what you are doing with Alexa.
                          Thanks...don't want to corrupt this thread too much...
                          But -- I see a voice command checkbox -- but (a) I don't see a payload field (for the custom voice command) and (b) is this field, sent in json in response to a device list query?

Comment

The textbox is in the latest beta, load the beta from the HS3 beta forum. This build should be released in a week or so.

Thanks...don't want to corrupt this thread too much...
                            But -- I see a voice command checkbox -- but (a) I don't see a payload field (for the custom voice command) and (b) is this field, sent in json in response to a device list query?

Comment

Where oh where does one find z-seer+ download/installer?

A bit confused. Can't seem to locate an install for z-seer+, feeling a bit incompetent.
                              -Rick

Comment

https://homeseer.com/current-downloads/

Originally posted by rmorton27 View Post
                                A bit confused. Can't seem to locate an install for z-seer+, feeling a bit incompetent.

Comment

Working...
                                X