This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Version: Improved support for Insteon/Z-Wave

There's a new version of HSDroid. It now supports Insteon and Z-Wave devices and has improved dimming support for all devices. In addition:

Multiple Configuration support: If you have different server parameters that you want to use in different locations, you can easily switch between them. (Coming soon: I'll tie these to you IP address so you can have HSDroid switch automatically)

Support for "Status" devices: If a device returns something other than On/Off/Dim as the status, this will be displayed in the device details.

Fixed bug where Thermostat control wasn't working from Favorites.

Enjoy!

Dan

I downloaded and installed 1.0.3 from the updater, but it is still showing as version 1.0.2 under interfaces.

Comment

I forgot to update the version number when I built it, so if you had the previous version installed you should have gotten an error. If you didn't, then it's OK. I've sent the fixed files to Homeseer, so hopefully it will show up in the update today.

I'll post when it's there.

Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan. Yes, I got the error so I completely uninstalled 1.0.2, then reinstalled 1.0.3 from the updater. That is when I noticed on startup that the version was still reporting 1.0.2. Everything is installed correctly now. There is no update required for the Android device, correct?

Comment

There is a new version of the Android client as well. You can update from the Android Marketplace.

Dan

Comment

Yep, I see now. It must have auto-updated, as it is showing version 1.04 on my device.

Comment

One of the things in the new version is the ability to have multiple configurations for the server (so you can specify a local IP address and a remote one, or even different IP addresses for different HS Servers).

I've just finished up a fix to allow "IP Rooting" of configurations. You can specify an IP address for a configuration and any time you're connect via that IP address it will automatically switch to that configuration.

If this is something you'd be interested in let me know and I'll point you at the APK which contains that change.

Also, if you're having any problems, or can think of anything that would make it more useful, don't hesitate to post.

Dan

Comment

My trial is up in a couple of days, but I think that I will go ahead and purchase the license. I have found your app very useful, and the only outstanding issue for me was the incorrect temperature report for that oddball RCS remote monitor that installs into the Homeseer RCS Plug-in as a thermostat. It has no way of controlling anything, just simply reports the temperature. I'm sure we can get this working, but it is not critical for me.

Comment

Originally posted by danhi View Post
                  One of the things in the new version is the ability to have multiple configurations for the server (so you can specify a local IP address and a remote one, or even different IP addresses for different HS Servers).

I've just finished up a fix to allow "IP Rooting" of configurations. You can specify an IP address for a configuration and any time you're connect via that IP address it will automatically switch to that configuration.

If this is something you'd be interested in let me know and I'll point you at the APK which contains that change.

Also, if you're having any problems, or can think of anything that would make it more useful, don't hesitate to post.

Dan
                  I'm only running one HS installation at this time, so I won't personally have any use for the multi-config. I guess that I could have a local config for when I am on my WiFi and a remote for when I am out on 4G. I have dynamic dns, so having the one configuration pointing to my domain works for me no matter what.

One thing that would be useful for me would be a way to shorten the device names somehow in the Android app. For lighting control, I am using the Ultra M1G plugin, to control my Elk M1G which controls my UDI ISY-99i Insteon controller. When Ultra M1G gets configured, it places all of its devices in a Location called "UltraM1G Plugin". Then it looks for the name of the device that I have created in the ISY and pre-pends (I think thats a word) the Elk label for the device. So when I go in HSDroid to turn on my "Living Rm Table" lamp, it shows up as:

UltraM1G Plugin/Elk M1 Lighting: Lighting 003 [Living Rm Table]

This is not a huge issue, but with all of my devices, the Devices screen on my Android is VERY busy with lots of text to scroll through. I don't really want to go in and try and rename things in Homeseer because that might impact an UltraM1G update in the future. The UltraM1G plugin is also "wordy" in the device status screen in Homeseer, but its not a big deal on computer monitor.

Another interesting feature request might be to do something with weather. I use WeatherXML, and it provides TONs of information. There are probably 20 or so virtual devices created with the WeatherXML plugin and I can individually select them and see their values with HSDroid, but having one menu selection that shows all of the current values would be cool.

Thanks
                  Last edited by automateme; January 6, 2012, 04:13 PM.

Comment

With respect to the remote sensor, I've asked in a couple of different places how to get the string that describes the temperature, but haven't gotten any response. Hopefully I'll hear back from someone on how to get this information.

On the long device names, I display <Location 1>/<Location 2>: <Device Name>. I could always create a Display Preference so you could select what information you wanted to display for devices. Is this what you were thinking?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by danhi View Post
                      With respect to the remote sensor, I've asked in a couple of different places how to get the string that describes the temperature, but haven't gotten any response. Hopefully I'll hear back from someone on how to get this information.

On the long device names, I display <Location 1>/<Location 2>: <Device Name>. I could always create a Display Preference so you could select what information you wanted to display for devices. Is this what you were thinking?

Dan
                      I will see what I can find out with regard to the string as well. If I find something I will send it to you via email.

And yes, a Display Preferences would be perfect.

Comment

Working...
                      X