Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation

I just installed version 3.1.2.8 on my HomeTroller. Installed version 7.7.5 of Squeezebox server software on a remote computer on my network. In reading the plugin manual I have to install the server plugin via the Squeezebox server extension Downloader. According to the manual I should have extension downloader listed on the advanced settings page. As per below picture it's not listed. Am I doing something wrong or is it because HS3 and Squeezebox is not on the same machine?
    Attached Files

They don't need to be on the same machine. Click on the plugins tab and scroll to the bottom. Add your HS server info in the Additional Repositories field: http://192.168.1.xxx/squeezebox/repo.xml changing the ip address to yours.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Ok so I got that part done. As per your reply on another one of my post you run SqueezeBox on your WFTT02. I have downloaded SqueezeBox client on my WFTT02 but I get an error saying I'm not connected to a player. Do I need a physical SqueezeBox player or should I be able to get it to work with just the SqueezeBox server installed on my computer.

Comment

You likely downloaded a SB control app, not a player app. I use the one called SqueezePlayer. The control app is needed as well for local control of the player.

Comment

I downloaded the player app and have it running successful on my WFTT02. Only one more step left. Controlling with HS3. In the HS3 plugin I have LMS pointed to the computer that has SB server installed and HS3 URL pointed to my HS3 computer but keep getting this error in the log

HTML Code:
          Jan-24 1:05:15 PM         SqueezeBox Warning    Synchronous Communication error upon Connect: The requested name is  valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct  associated data being resolved for (Error code: 11004)        
          Jan-24 1:05:15 PM         SqueezeBox Warning    Communication error upon Connect: The requested name is valid and was  found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data  being resolved for (Error code: 11004)

Comment

Perhaps a firewall on either machine is blocking the communications. Also make sure you have the port numbers correct in the general tab of the SqueezeBox plugin config screen.

Cheers
            Al

Comment

I checked and the ports are correct. Turned of firewall on both computers and still getting the same error.

Comment

Philippe (pcp), the author of the plugin, will need to comment then as he'll likely know under what conditions those errors get generated. Perhaps post a screen shot of your plugin config or attach a copy of your hspi_squeezebox.ini file from the config directory. What type of system are you running the SB server on?

EDIT: Looks like I had the same error messages about a year ago when I installed it: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=166117.

Also see this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=154792

Comment

Did the same thing you did on your other post. Changed the IP to the host name and it worked. I can control SB on my WFTT02 so now I won't have to keep going from HS touch to another APP to turn of the music or change the volume. Thanks so much for your help.

Comment

You're welcome, glad to hear you got it working.

Cheers
                    Al

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
                      Did the same thing you did on your other post. Changed the IP to the host name and it worked. I can control SB on my WFTT02 so now I won't have to keep going from HS touch to another APP to turn of the music or change the volume. Thanks so much for your help.
                      On my to do lists to look at using IP addresses versus hostname.

Comment

Sorry, I'm new
                        I can not install the plug-in
                        The plugin does not appear in the Plugins list
                        What would be the correct procedure to install?
                        I'm using HomeSeer HomeTroller Zee S2
                        Can someone help me?

Comment

The plugin is under additional interfaces and media tab.

Comment

Working...
                          X