Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z-wave devices stopped working yesturday, need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-wave devices stopped working yesturday, need help!

Hi,

I have a Win7 PC with HomeSeer 3 Pro Version 3.0.0.96 and Aeon Z-Stick II. A few days back I tested to install the 3.0.0.165 BETA of the Z-Wave plugin from the .150 I was using. It all seemed fine and everything was working as before. Nothing better, nothing worse.

Then yesturday my z-wave network collapsed.

When clicking my Aeon multi sensors root device I get this message:
    2014-07-29 17:13:43 ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~Manage_ZWave error in getting all associations: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

And under the Z-wave tab, under "options for node 21" I get this message:
    Error: Failed to get the node list for network 0161EB21. Node Number options cannot be displayed.

And when clicking one of my Fibaro wall plugs root devices in device manager I get:
    2014-07-29 17:16:32 ~!~Error~!~Calling ConfigDevice in plugin Z-Wave:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

And there is no Z-wave tab there at all. And cannot control the wallplugs.

I tried restarting HS3 and pulling out the Z-stick, moving back to the .150 Z-stick plugin, uninstalling the .150 plugin and reinstalling it after restarting HS3. Tried to scan existing devices and restart all interface. Nothing fixes it.

Any ideas?

First, shut down HS.
    Go to your Data/Z-Wave folder and either delete or rename your Z-Wave.db
    Restart HS.

When the Z-Wave plugin starts up, it will compare its list of devices against HS and rebuild the database.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks for the tip, but sadly that did not work. I tried renaming the ZW_Devices.dat file as well, same non working responce.
      Last edited by Agwan; July 29, 2014, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Comment

Can you go back to .150 , remove the z-wave.db and restart HS? Might be worth a shot.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats what I did last time. I moved back to .150 before I removed the files. Perhaps I should try to go to the beta again and try. But I have a feeling that will not do it.

Comment

Nope, that did not work either.

When I do the Z-wave node information where it lists all nodes all are marked "No Command Class Information Available." All types and IDs are 0x0.

Can the Z-stick be broken? How could I check it? The Z-stick does not have the no command class problem.

When checking the Z-wave Controller management, I see two networks now, I dont remember seeing that before. One has 14 nodes connected and it sais its the z-stick network. And then there is another that has this text "This network has no active interfaces enabled for it, and it has no objects or
              HomeSeer devices tied to it. If this network will not be used again, please
              use the functions at the end to remove this network and all associated
              network data. (Restart the plug-in after removing the interface before
              attempting the removal.)".

Comment

If I look at the Z-Wave.db I can find that two z-wave networks are mentioned. 0161EB21 and 0061EB21. But 0161EB21 seems to be a bad network, the Aeon Labs Z-stick is connected to the 0061EB21 network.

For some reason the network has been split.

Any ideas on what caused this or how it can be fixed. Clearly the Z-Wave.db is not created correctly after I delete it.

Is there for instance a way to go back to some backup for what the z-wave plugin is syncing to? So that I use an older database to sync with.
                Last edited by Agwan; July 31, 2014, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Any more ideas? My whole system is still down. I dont know what to do. I dont want to loose all settings and configurations by reinstalling and then to notice it did not help.

Comment

On out of ideas on this. Is there a zwave.INI file that has the network list in it?

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Comment

I cant find that INI file.

How can I move forward with this? There must be a way to fix this without removing the whole z-wave network and reinstall everything. I have units all over, under the fridge, dishwasher, in the rent out apartment in the house, behind the light switches in the walls. I cant reach all of them without days of work.

Please help me!

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure... Let me check my setup tonight when I am home and see if I can find where the network name is stored.

Comment

In your Config folder, there is a Z-Wave.ini file that has the network information in it.
                          You can edit it manually, just make sure HS is shut down.

Make backups! I've never done this before, but it seems like its worth a shot when compared to rebuilding your entire network.

Let us know...

Comment

Also, if you haven't done so yet, I would log a high priority Bugzilla and call HS as well.

Cheers
                            Al
                            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks for your help. I tried editing the file, I removed the information about the extra network, but when restarting HS3 it updated the file to contain the information again.

That means it is taking its information from some other database, or I need to change all databases at the same time.

I guess the thing is that there are a lot of devices (all root devices) that are connected to this split out network. I need to merge them together again.

Comment

Working...
                              X